Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-06-2011, 11:10   #16
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Re: SSSSM duex

zeezee....yes though bout erikkson...thank yu...which is just like a beneteau but not at all so. But SaltyMonkey is still looking for cash cows though, and if he doesnt find one in 6 more months here in SF will reconsider what to do next in life and where to meet anti-chics.
Old 24-06-2011, 11:51   #17

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl
Another article for discussion

Excerpt

Dump the stereotype of the manly commitment-phobe. A new study finds that not only do men often say "I love you" first in relationships, they're often happier than women when they hear the three little words said to them.

Full article
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/435174...ve-you-ladies/

Any thoughts/comments on this?
Old 24-06-2011, 11:57   #18
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i have a a friend.......actually a coupla friends..... i think the only english they know is i love you... and can i borrow...... but they say the i love you stuff a lot more----- and wait with expectation for me to return it---- based on my 2 man, mebbe 3... study, i would agree with ye. now iffn ye mean troo-lee love, then, i haint got a clooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ( i got 2 clews, so i couldnt speel it that way i think..)

yes, james s we are, arent we ..LOL
Old 24-06-2011, 15:36   #19
cruiser

agree! cash cows aside!
Old 24-06-2011, 21:40   #20

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child

So, what if you're more into slow dumpy boats and fast women? What do you suppose that means? Just askin'...

Regards,

Thomas
Old 24-06-2011, 22:59   #21

Boat: Far East Mariner 40

Wow, only twenty posts and this thread has already deteriorated into the same garbage as the last one.
Old 25-06-2011, 04:44   #22
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageray View Post
Wow, only twenty posts and this thread has already deteriorated into the same garbage as the last one.
Why does other folk getting on with each other upset you?
Old 25-06-2011, 07:37   #23

sheeesh--mebbe he isnt into getting to know the individual he wants to meet..LOl... in which case, why bother??? seems to me that the best way to get to know folks is via their methods of humor and interaction. this thread, i was led to believe, is for just that purpose....so, if ye cannot discuss EVERYTHING with a potential so, why bother?? is just gonna go south anyway.
Old 25-06-2011, 08:23   #24

Boat: Far East Mariner 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
The last thread was closed and I am the torch bearer. We have become a substantial group and I hope that we can get all, or most, of the singles posting. So please don't be shy. Please don't make a personal blog of yourself. Hopefully more than the standard 10 will participate often. We have the same aspirations as Ocean Girl otherwise we wouldn't be here, right? OG founded us on this;

This group is for those who have the dream, but not the mate.
Singles Sailors Seeking Soul Mates is a group for those who are looking for a long term relationship, life partner, or a soul mate to share their sailing/boating adventures. Whether it's chugging up the Mississippi in a beautiful trawler, sailing around the bay or around the world, it's living the dream and having someone to share it with. If you don’t have that mate, Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates is a great place to start.

To be a part of this group:
Simply write a short bio and summary of what you are looking for in a mate. Be sure to end with an invite to your profile where you can expand further if you like. This will be posted for all to view within the Cruising Forum community. This Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates Group will be strictly a place to post single sailor biographies. Any social commentaries will need to be posted in the Cruisers Forum.

If a more party-like atmosphere, with casual dating, is your speed – good on you. But that is not why this group was created.

It worked well for her. Let's make it work for us.

Ready, begin.
Seems it's supposed to be a place to post a short bio and summary of what you might be seeking and refer them to one's profile for possible contact and getting to know one another, not a place to read the same few people blathering on and on. Maybe I'm reading it wrong or misunderstand. Don't mean to ruffle feathers. Carry on if this is what it's supposed to be. Not my cup of tea in this manner.
Old 25-06-2011, 08:44   #25

Quote:
Seems it's supposed to be a place to post a short bio and summary of what you might be seeking and refer them to one's profile for possible contact and getting to know one another, not a place to read the same few people blathering on and on. Maybe I'm reading it wrong or misunderstand. Don't mean to ruffle feathers. Carry on if this is what it's supposed to be. Not my cup of tea in this manner.
mightbe-- but, in reality, have you EVER met and connected with someone you do NOT know and havent read at least something irreverent from?? LOL

sorry--isnt a reality to just read a profile and decide that is your soulmate. perhaps that is why we have this irreverence to our discussions..... think about it.

also-- we are sailors and , as such, donot have much sense of reverence regarding others-- gotta get into them to know what and who they are. isnt gonna happen without some conversation, no matter how irreverent and allegedly irrelevant.
Old 25-06-2011, 09:28   #26
cruiser

Being single isn't just about who you pickup and whether there is a fit. If you want that sort of thing go to a speed dating service down the block from you. Being single is meeting other single people and getting to know them better and perhaps doing things socially in pairs or as a group.

Here on CF there isn't really much of a place to socially interact with each other, Most of the interaction is around particular issues or problems, but getting to know individuals as individuals (outside of sailing or even within the context of sailing) and grow friendships is rare. I, for one, have met great people through the SSSSSSSS group thread here and learned more about their lives, and can honestly refer to them as friends.
Old 25-06-2011, 09:55   #27
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
I read it as the summary of what you want etc etc goes in the SSSSM Social Group - but you have to join first (with your profile having some contact details)..........but the Social Group not for chit chat (Software limitations means that the Social Groups are not very user freindly ).

This thread? I thought it was simply to generate a bit of advertising for the SSSSM Social Group, via the medium of idle chit chat ...................although no expert on these things my guess is that if one identifies someone of interest that you do need to do more than give her delivery instructions - but it's been a while for me, so...........
Old 25-06-2011, 10:48   #28

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child

Jeeze folks it was meant to be a joke, have ya'll lost your sense of humor or are we trapped in a rigid politically correct world now? Lighten up!

Thomas
Old 25-06-2011, 10:50   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts66 View Post
Jeeze folks it was meant to be a joke, have ya'll lost your sense of humor or are we trapped in a rigid politically correct world now? Lighten up!

Thomas
wasnt you we were splaining to ... you and your slow boats and fast women--isnt that the way-- many are tooo fast to hang arounda sailboat-- those of us who do are yoooooneeeekkkkkk..lol
Old 26-06-2011, 16:18   #30

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl
Ahhh C'mon

As stated this thread is our social interaction. Profiles are posted in the SSSSM Group thread. Here we talk. Voice our opinions. We don't want it being a personal blog, how ever updates on our dating lives does make it interesting.

I'm trying to post interesting, maybe thought provoking articles to get us all talking. I'm trying to pull out the shy or otherwise apprehensive members. So we might engage.

Talk creates friendships and friendships sometime developed to more..........just saying.

I think women hold out on the "I love you" because they are wisely waiting for the man's words to match his actions.
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle