Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 04:16   #1156
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

laughter makes your blood flow.....
Old 09-11-2012, 05:45   #1157

Boat: 34 Irwin
And pee your pants! RODL
Old 09-11-2012, 06:06   #1158

but that is another story, for another time..LOL
Old 10-11-2012, 12:30   #1159

hay guys--you know that weds i am going to leave marina for anchoring again, now summer is done , and no more named furies will venture upon our cooling oceans, and the atmospheric workings are returning to winter state---from there, the following monday, we head out first to incommunicado land(punta de mita) to work out the last of the lil things to do before sailing south--then we will head to barra de navidad for an overnite and fill water for drinking--and for some other lil stuff---fuel....lol--by then we may need 30 gal--now is only 20, so we will wait a bit...we will have more fuel for last phase by doing this....then stop somewhere else then somewhere else--then zihuat---should be interesting with calamity james on board helping with watch and in case of breakage..lol.....

so,if you guys dont hear from me for a few days is ok--if you hear ABOUT me, please pray...lol for bubba...

SPOT tracker is on my web page.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:43   #1160

Boat: too many

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
somewhere inthis is me... and one of bubba, and bird sailing from mazatlan to la cruz last spring, and ...whatever you see..LOL
bird sailing...was not much wind..LOL

find me..LOL

I know which one is you, but who is the Kaley Cuoco look alike? Me like.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:47   #1161

the young one is a friend of sandy, a friend who lives in mazatlan....she only hung with us for a short time...
Old 10-11-2012, 13:20   #1162

Boat: too many

Quote:
the young one is a friend of sandy, a friend who lives in mazatlan....she only hung with us for a short time...
She couldn't keep out with the old salts?
Old 10-11-2012, 13:41   #1163

Boat: Bruce Roberts 434
Send a message via Skype™ to capttman
Boy Zee you get around;-)

Introduce me to yer friends

"When the bow be in the trees we'll be running out of seas"
Old 10-11-2012, 14:16   #1164

tony, sugah--i do that---and i would, if i could, but you arent here, so is difficult...sandy went to virginia for a while to do tallship stuff, but the youngun i dont really know...i will be 400 miles south of here in a coupla few weeks-- will take me about a week of sailing--we will duck into barra de navidad and a coupla other places on the way--barra for drinking water and fuel, and the other tbd places for sleep and whatever--we will be supplying this barge w ith 3 large or extra large pizzas, and tuna, and trolling gear, ready to fish, and other foods---but we may need to duck into port for a beer for the other guy--calamity james doesnt go tooooo far sans beer....lol a week or so, but.....and we are only bringing 20 gal of drinking water and 100 gal of fuel....the pizzas should last 3 days.....by then we should be passing by civilization again...spot tracker is going to work well for me--lol i have extra batteries fo rit so it shouldnt miss anything for y'all--will be on my website....look for the spot posting...pix will also be on my website.....
Old 11-11-2012, 03:14   #1165

ok here it is----received a radio call last night--from a different friend--i had heard him calling his wife, and without answer. (her friends are here from sf-is a good thing--) he called me . asked me to come over. i went -- i found him lying on floor/cabin sole, in his ct54, and learned why he was calling, got him ready for incoming strangers, and sent him to hospital seemingly suffering a stroke---with a twist--he had pain. hhhmmm.....
so, i went to find his lady and i told her we sent him to hospital. she had her radio with her. she called me just a bit ago from her boat--she told me he was in ct scan when they watched as his aneurysm ruptured and they fetched her into the room so she could be with him as he passed....this isnt spozed to happen when cruising. i am glad i found her---i was going to wait until am, but something made me find and tell her and she was with him. that was good. rip, friend. watch over your lady.
guys--live and enjoy--it is over too soon--man was exactly my age, and full of life. he found his soulmate, and went cruising with her.
celebrate life.

this could well postpone for a bit my trip--i promised her i would wait until i know what she is going to do. so--i will be onm y way in a few weeks, i think. after she figgers out her new life. not the way to be cruising, not the plans they shared.
zihuat is going no where--i can stay here a bit to help her.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:22   #1166

Boat: 31' Cape George Cutter

Wow Zee - that is a very sad story. Good that they were together at the end, but still so sad. Yes, we need to live now, for the end could come any time, and will come all too soon.

Greg
Old 11-11-2012, 03:25   #1167

i will stay here for a bit for her so she knows she has friends here in this foreign place ...
dont know yet when i will leave. will be this year.

sorry--i lied--it was 0430 she called me with the update i didnt wanna hear.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:05   #1168
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag
ok here it is----received a radio call last night--from a different friend--i had heard him calling his wife, and without answer. (her friends are here from sf-is a good thing--) he called me . asked me to come over. i went -- i found him lying on floor/cabin sole, in his ct54, and learned why he was calling, got him ready for incoming strangers, and sent him to hospital seemingly suffering a stroke---with a twist--he had pain. hhhmmm.....
so, i went to find his lady and i told her we sent him to hospital. she had her radio with her. she called me just a bit ago from her boat--she told me he was in ct scan when they watched as his aneurysm ruptured and they fetched her into the room so she could be with him as he passed....this isnt spozed to happen when cruising. i am glad i found her---i was going to wait until am, but something made me find and tell her and she was with him. that was good. rip, friend. watch over your lady.
guys--live and enjoy--it is over too soon--man was exactly my age, and full of life. he found his soulmate, and went cruising with her.
celebrate life.

this could well postpone for a bit my trip--i promised her i would wait until i know what she is going to do. so--i will be onm y way in a few weeks, i think. after she figgers out her new life. not the way to be cruising, not the plans they shared.
zihuat is going no where--i can stay here a bit to help her.
wow Zee. Rough stuff.

Other than the involvement of the boat this is exactly how my first mentor went. Headache, lay on the couch, worse headache, call the bus, get to hospital, blow a cylinder, gone...

I got to help the 3 ex-wives and girlfriends fight over the stuff left behind.

My guy lived every day to the fullest and I am sure had no regrets. There are worse ways to go...
Old 11-11-2012, 06:31   #1169

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
i will stay here for a bit for her so she knows she has friends here in this foreign place ...
dont know yet when i will leave. will be this year.

sorry--i lied--it was 0430 she called me with the update i didnt wanna hear.
Really nice of you Zee.
Support is so vital when someone close to you dies.
As Ex-Calif said, there are worst ways to go though, the tough bit in these circumstances is for those left behind.

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Old 11-11-2012, 06:33   #1170

Boat: OEM, proportional

One can go far with a little sophistry in this world!

The lack of decent rum in these parts has seen me retreat to my No.1 fallback position: Single Malt Scotch. Ok, it's only Glenfiddich 12yo, not my beloved Talisker, but it's better than Pott 54% "Rum", or Stroh "Rum" at 80%.

The DiY still appeals for a number of reasons; one secondary use is making one's own ethanol from kitchen waste, for use in alcohol stove/heater. My Italian buddies in Aus make their own Grappa; I found that hitting myself on the head with a hammer had pretty much the same effect as drinking it but without the nasty aftertaste.

Tags
paracelle