Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2012, 12:22   #796

Boat: 1984 Sovereign 24
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

And ditto EXACTLY what Zee said...cuz dang...i hate licking ashtrays....eeewww
Old 15-08-2012, 12:29   #797

Boat: OEM, proportional

What? Not even a pipe? Ok, thieves and drunkards overboard as kellets I can understand, and cigarettes as well....not even a pipe or a cuban from the leeward rail, or the crowsnest?

And what kind of pushy? The fullblown tyrant kind, or the one that wears the trousers but appreciates that women are not chattel? Eve was made from Adam's side, not his foot, his backside or his head.....

Old 15-08-2012, 15:39   #798

Boat: Tartan 30 (sold 2012)

To go along with Micah's question. Are most cruzin gals looking for Marriage or Committed Releationship? I'm assuming that both parties have all of the children that they do or do not want with my question.
Old 16-08-2012, 09:01   #799

Guys, you are looking for easy answers :-)
Every one of us are individual, men and women alike...each person may have some non-negotiables but you can't just check the boxes lol
Old 16-08-2012, 09:35   #800

Boat: Solaris Sunstar 36 Cat

Am in agreement with Zee on all those points and we all ARE individual singlehanded sailors - which means we don't NEED a man to do what we're doing, but it would be nice to have one around as long as he doesn't have offensive habits and he does have a brain!

Don't actually know on this point, have never asked, but are most of our singlehanding ladies of a slightly older generation? I think the younger ones are mainly without boat and just looking for adventure, while the mature ones are looking more for friendship and a like-minded soul as well as a bit of adventure. Perhaps more willing, Micah, to settle for a relationship of 'friends with benefits' rather than marriage! Or am I just speaking for myself here? Put me right on this, girls!
Old 16-08-2012, 11:32   #801

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl
The intent of this group is not to seek out a simple"hook up". Ocean Girls original message to the group;

" This group is for those who have the dream, but not the mate.

Singles Sailors Seeking Soul Mates is a group for those who are looking for a long term relationship, life partner, or a soul mate to share their sailing/boating adventures. Whether it's chugging up the Mississippi in a beautiful trawler, sailing around the bay or around the world, it's living the dream and having someone to share it with. If you don’t have that mate, Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates is a great place to start.

If a more party-like atmosphere, with casual dating, is your speed – good on ya. But that is not why this group was created.
Old 16-08-2012, 11:48   #802

To make it clear, in view of Cap'n Gadagirl's shout:

Definitely seeking lifelong mate of the humanoid, feminine, seagoing kind....no bareboat charters, no piracy, no dock queens, racers or derelicts. Would also like friends from the same category, where no fenders or cleats are required, just sailing the same course.
Old 16-08-2012, 11:58   #803

Smile Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

I dont think you ever said had to be human first time around...a
Old 16-08-2012, 12:10   #804

Decided caution was prudent....just in case I get trapped in an arranged marriage with someone's pet gibbon.

Just one of the downsides to having grown Europe's most splendiferous beard; in addition to lots of free bananas and job offers as organ grinder, or parliamentarian, and suchlike.
Old 16-08-2012, 13:28   #805
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

micah--is why i have set standards for this group to keep the mission alive-- i have been trying to keep sail mates separate from soul mates---is a huge difference, in the over all..

i think we as a species have gone beyond having to get married.

i will not repeat the paperwork mistake--i will reside in sin with someone but they cannot force me to sign the papers.....
Old 16-08-2012, 13:38   #806

Boat: Tartan 30 (sold 2012)

I think I need to re-phrase my question. This is both a guy and gal question. What is the general opinion on pre-nuptial agreements? We all have and are working very hard to have the ability to choose this lifestyle.

You bought a boat and have the lifestyle means to tell the world to kiss your ass, you're going out sea. In your travel's a soulmate comes your way. I think more than a few of us have needed the services of Ditcher Quick and Hyde in our past. How do you not lose the lifestyle if you choose the wrong soulmate?

My personal opinion is that I am not sure that I want to split half of my cruising assets because a stood in front of a preacher for 15 minutes without a predefined exit plan that is fair to all parties.

I am very much in favor of longterm relationships, soul mates and have no interest in Hookups.
Old 16-08-2012, 13:54   #807

HOPEFULLY anyone i hook up with for tenure would not just be into me for my boat or my gato.
i think folks are way too legalized rip off conscious. greedy and scared. no one trusts the other-- isnt the best way to do any kind of relationship.

i know i couldnt be able to tolerate being with someone i didnt trust--especially at sea.......
Old 16-08-2012, 13:56   #808

Quote:
Singles Sailors Seeking Soul Mates is a group for those who are looking for a long term relationship, life partner, or a soul mate to share their sailing/boating adventures.
Cap'n Z....now I'm getting confused....you're separating sailing mates from soulmates, Cap'n Gadagirl said this isn't a hookup thread for fornication purposes, and I'm not sure if what I said about seeking a lifelong mate is contrary to the purposes of SSSSM. If a single sailorgal isn't my lifelong mate, we can surely still be friends, even close friends, without getting into the kind of intimacy reserved for mating pairs of humans. Marriage in my worldview is primarily a publicly visible permanent union of a man and a woman, not necessarily the tax-break, bureaucrapical classification, probationary lease, or extended sadomasochistic torture session it has become in this world.

Honestly and openly, I hold the chances of me finding Mrs Micah on the internet as very slim indeed (not impossible); but the chances of making firm non-copulating friends with persons of the opposite polarity as being far more likely, and that one can be intimate on the level of the soul and the spirit without that involving interactions on the level of the flesh. Once upon a time I'd have hunted diligently to raft up for a night and disappear off the radar before eight bells, but things are very different now. Am I eligible to stay in SSSSM or should I go?
Old 16-08-2012, 14:17   #809

only the married ones who seek a sail partner--the un-maried are together in here. some get thru, but they dont belong, and i try hard to keep us honest..

you know the ones to whom i refer--- married man seeking sailmate for passage to wherever......i think our members deserve better than that.
soulmates begin as friends, or at least the ones i have known did, and were--is impressive to watch as the friendship grows.
Old 16-08-2012, 14:24   #810

Ah, now I understand (you see, with persistence and a good hammer you can get something though my skull!) ....and agree wholeheartedly 100% absolutely certainly yes ja si oui hai, ma'am.

Tags
paracelle