Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 17:41   #421

Location: Currently on the HARD in Guaymas Mexico and staying in Phoenix, AZ
Boat: Columbia 45
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

I was watching youtube about a young lass taht had a 'friend' 'buddy boating' with her. Interesting concept... Either can part and ho to different horizons at any time.
Very interesting... SSB, Wonderful communications for a long distance relationship.
Luck and fortune to all.
Old 13-03-2012, 09:04   #422
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

buddy boating is a good way to compromise, yes, even sans ssb
Old 14-03-2012, 16:36   #423

ALthough this may be listed for both mae and female crew, I was not able to find a thread for it.
I have been listed on Findacrew.net for a while and have had a few 'waves' and a coupleof 'Yes' back from my waves.
So I figure to talk via voice to the perspective crewmember and then doa meet and greet is all goes well. I also figure I need to get a new crewmemebr about 3 - 7 days prior to a passage, so we can do the coastal shakedowns between crew and boat. Yes, I understand that people and fish are the same, after a few days, they both stink. But figure 3 - 7 days of them on the boat is a good enough time to weed out the imposters. They will also be able to jump ship if they feel my boat and I are not for them. It seems like a decent approach to me, After all, if people do as they say and are who they say, then life woudl be a piece of cake. But I ain't that dang naive... What says ya'll?
Old 14-03-2012, 19:16   #424
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookoutnw View Post
If I were looking for a Sailor’s Dream Goddess, why would she be here?
If she has her own boat? Then she is also on this thread?
Why would a beautiful woman, who is independent, and has her life in order want to give it up to join me on MY boat? Doesn’t pencil out. Can’t see to get 1+1 to equal 2 here…
I guess I can only speak for myself. I suspect I'm here for the same reason you are - not easy to meet that special someone who thinks you're beautiful, AND who wants to live on a boat with you on a shoe-string. I have my own boat and love "her". But I would not hesitate to switch boats to be with someone who floats my boat, if you know what I mean. But not all sailoresses would. Would you? Or does she have to come to your boat?
I would think a few romantic nights in a beach motel ( ) followed by a while coastal hopping would take care of any compatibility issues.
Oh, and get off find-a-crew. That's for those who want to work on some rich guy's mega yacht!

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 14-03-2012, 19:19   #425
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

oh YAY! flyfly in Jamaica!!! YAY!!!
Old 14-03-2012, 20:38   #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookoutnw
After reading thru all this thread, I come up on a conundrum.
If I were looking for a Sailor’s Dream Goddess, why would she be here?
If she has her own boat? Then she is also on this forum.
You sound so kind & romantic that any woman, siren or goddess would be lucky to have you. A good partner is like treasure. You have to keep searching and once found, take good care of it.
Best wishes in your quest!
Old 14-03-2012, 22:15   #427

Boat: Krogen 58' Xiao Xiu
Send a message via MSN to JayCall

Mexdon-at this stage in my life, the last thing I want on my boat is a "woman of sound virtue"!
Old 15-03-2012, 23:20   #428

Flysci, Sailor G et all,
Being that I am a look-a-like for a cross between MotoMoto and Mickey Rooney... Or Maybe even Rosemarie's baby....
No not really, just an average guy. But if you are ever in my area, it would be a pleasure to make dinner for you and maybe a walk along the beach. LIfe is too short to worry about the superficial things.
Fair Winds and Following Seas, as they say. And a weather eye out for the Horseman.
Old 16-03-2012, 10:41   #429

Quote:
Flysci, Sailor G et all,
Being that I am a look-a-like for a cross between MotoMoto and Mickey Rooney... Or Maybe even Rosemarie's baby....
No not really, just an average guy. But if you are ever in my area, it would be a pleasure to make dinner for you and maybe a walk along the beach. LIfe is too short to worry about the superficial things.
Fair Winds and Following Seas, as they say. And a weather eye out for the Horseman.
i met this man-- he is all good... and i referred him to my favorite facilitator in mazatlan for a prop....the description is not accurate--yer not bad in appearance....
Old 16-03-2012, 18:44   #430

Boat: Bollard Steel 40ft - Lady Kara
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag

i met this man-- he is all good... and i referred him to my favorite facilitator in mazatlan for a prop....the description is not accurate--yer not bad in appearance....
With a reference like that off Zeehag, you will have to beat the ladies off with a boat hook.

Smiles. Coachbolt.
Old 16-03-2012, 21:03   #431

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post

Capt'n Zee, I do not believe I have had the joy of meeting your acquaintance. If I have, my sincere appologies for not being able to remember you. Tis a crying shame when we start to lose track of who people are as the past starts to become like a fog bank off Nova Scotia...
Old 17-03-2012, 05:39   #432

Boat: Irwin Citation 34

Relationships are tough to work out. My girlfriend is a cleanin' fool. My house is neat as a pin. She cooks like a chef. Never is there more than 1 laundry basket of clothes in need of a wash. She mows the lawn. Last time she helped me work on my boat, she did $1500 worth of damage and set me back two weeks. It would be great if she could paint and sew or repair gelcoat cracks. She gives all she can and I'm satisfied. I would be a fool to ask for what she cannot give. In time she may learn some new skills. Perhaps not. It doesn't matter. She's a human being not a boat accessory. Each of us has gifts, each of us have places where we cannot function. The boat is just a thing and in the big picture, not important. Sometimes less is more and while she cannot help me fix the boat, when it's done, everything on it will be organized and clean. That what riches a partner brings to the relationship will last longer than the epoxy they stepped in and tracked all over your fresh topside paint. The only fact that is important, is that whatever I do, where ever I go, rich or poor, on land or water, she wants to be with me. That could change tomorrow. I'm OK with that too. Because life is right now, not someday. I never told her about the epoxy mess. I will steer the "help" to painting the insides of lockers and such. She will figure it out and " get it " as time goes by. A good relationship tends towards self correction. Well, as I have a partner, I guess I've little to lend to this thread except attitude. Good luck to you all.
Old 19-03-2012, 12:41   #433

Quote:
Capt'n Zee, I do not believe I have had the joy of meeting your acquaintance. If I have, my sincere appologies for not being able to remember you. Tis a crying shame when we start to lose track of who people are as the past starts to become like a fog bank off Nova Scotia...
only met ye briefly as i was rowing to my boat out in the anchorage, and passing tenacious as i rowed--- hardly memorable-- but ye seems ok to me....i told you about my friend in mazatlan for facilitating finding of items needed for boats ....
Old 19-03-2012, 17:25   #434

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
only met ye briefly as i was rowing to my boat out in the anchorage, and passing tenacious as i rowed--- hardly memorable-- but ye seems ok to me....i told you about my friend in mazatlan for facilitating finding of items needed for boats ....

Thank you for your kindness.
Fair Winds and Following seas, and great landfalls of plenty!
Old 19-03-2012, 22:01   #435

It has been a long cold windy wet winter. Seems I have sprung a couple of new leaks around some windows. So as soon as warmer dry weather comes, I will rebed them. These are the times when a second set of hands and fingers really come in handy. Solo Sailors, have to make do with what they have and can do. I have been pretty much like that most of my life. Just making it happen, alone, without help. As the days get longer, and the air warms, I start to see new arrivals of plant life springing up, and even a flower here or there... I have to ask myself, 'Will this new spring, this fresh start of new life for so many creatures and plants also be a new begining in my life? Will I maybe, just by chance, or a stroke of dumb luck find that special somebody? Which dock will I wander into and find here standing, or at wich anchorage will she be anchored at? Will I even have a clue when I do seee and meet her'? Life is too short to waste it standing still on a piece of concrete or trodded earth. Let go the dock lines, hoist those sails and see what yonder horizon has in store for us. Fair Winds and Following seas, and bountifull landfalls for all!
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle