Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-10-2011, 08:11   #256

Boat: Ed Monk designed 34' Sloop Second Wind
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarinaPDX View Post
An entire page on the singles' thread, all posts between the same two women?

Like two friends out on the town not encounteringll anyone, only taken online. See how the internet has improved our lives?

I'm not sure I have much to contribute at this point, but it beats climbing into lockers running hoses and wires... Or at least I hope it does.
Where are you moored? I am at Salpare bay on Hayden island. If it wasn't raining like cow pissing on flat rock I would be lounging in the bottom of my lazzerette changing out my heat exchanger.

Brad
Old 30-10-2011, 08:16   #257
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

when you guys sailing south?? is cold up there!!!!
Old 30-10-2011, 08:49   #258
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Rehi all. SaltyMonkey lurking on west coast now away from snow!

Hello Anjou! YAY! Back!
Hello zeezee
Hello Feral!
Hello Gadagirlie!
Hello Carina
Hello Tassie
Hello IronHorsie
Hello Gravosacar
Old 30-10-2011, 08:52   #259

Boat: Ed Monk designed 34' Sloop Second Wind

Hello Salty Monkey. Where are you lurking on the west coast?
Old 30-10-2011, 08:58   #260

how wa your trip--didja find any cash cows??? tell us all!!!!
Old 30-10-2011, 09:16   #261
cruiser

Unfortunately, no cash cows zee zee, but I did go to a big washington dinner event and shook many hands of many military USSOC types including a couple of admirals! What fun! and i even went to Ball's Bluff battlefield and walked around in the pouring rain - totally alone on a whole battlefield by myself almost 150 years to the original date. totally awe inspiring.

Wanted to go to boat show, but could not leave early enuf to go east this year.

Back to looking for cash cows *sigh.
Old 30-10-2011, 09:19   #262

good luck withthe cash cow thing----they hide ell..sounds like a good time--i like the battle field visiting--was awesome at saratoga when i was a younger soul---a cousin lost a leg there--it is now a statue, as he was a hero there--too bad he was caught trying to sell west point to brits..LOL
Old 30-10-2011, 09:24   #263
cruiser

HA! Funny bout couzy zeezee, and I am sorry they made his leg into a statue though!
Old 30-10-2011, 09:26   #264

he was benny arnold-- is a nice tribute to have a memory of someone who did good things and thought he was doing a good thing in the attempted sale of west point--lol---we all make mistakes--some are recorded to end of time some are able to be escaped from..LOL
Old 30-10-2011, 15:40   #265

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter

Z-Hag, your uncle was Benedict Arnold? OMG, the American icon for traitor? For trying to sell west point? Actually, that might have been a good deal for the rest of us, considering the current military mess we're in. Hi Monkey! Why doncha give up on the money chase and join Z. You can sail immediately. Get her to grind the organ while you dance a hornpipe in the town squares along the way to buy gas, food and beer. Catch a few fish and it will be enough. Hey Zee, you wanna grind the organ for Monkey?

I'm in La Paz, and after 10 days of installations of new Electronical stuff and rehab and painting of the Rose, she has her bottom wet at Palmira marina. I still have lots of work, mainly to get the hydraulic steering sorted so my autopilot will calibrate. Calibrate and celebrate is my mantra. With that done I'll shake her down in the islands offshore. I may make it over to Maz by Dec. We shall see.
Old 30-10-2011, 15:46   #266
cruiser

Speaky! You're back! You need to go hop hop to maz and see zee zee and have beers

then buddy boat to east coast and bahamas and chessy and YAY!

Hurry! no silly calibrate and silly worky worky on boats! JUST GO!
Old 30-10-2011, 15:52   #267

No, no! Must calibrate. My boat pretty and strong like Bull, but dumb like bull too. I need one brain on board, so must get Wet Willy, a raymarine graduate to take the helm, or single handing will still be just recreation, not sailing. Say hello to SF for me, I loved living there some, years, er, uh decades ago.
Old 30-10-2011, 18:47   #268

benny was actually a cousin, lol yup--got more too!
glad you made it back--looking forward to meeting ye--i should be in old harbor dec 1! staying one extra month in marina to get stuff fixed and a battery bank replaced/repaired for use --
yes ye need to come to mazatlan to see zee and have beers and tacos....we can buddy boat .....
Old 30-10-2011, 19:32   #269

Z darlin', or Karen, I'll have to figure which is more you after I meet you. I bet your family are FFV'ers or the like. yes? I've thought of you as a friend for some time, and look forward to a meet. But, I gotta get me boat under me control before I begin venturing alone, which is what I have been aiming for. I've bit off a good bit more than most would venture on when I bought the Rose last year. I've got only a couple of years of racing crew experience and no maintenance base. It's my karma ketching up with me that maintenance is what boat owning and cruising is about. (and the gods laughed at the fool) I've only sailed her down the sea from San Carlos to La Paz with one crew and out to the Islands here once. I need to get a good feel for her and then will cross to the mainland. If you're still in Maz that's where I'll head for, if not, prolly head for PV. Is Maz worth the effort? A big cite' it is, no?

Good luck on the final fixin's with Solitary Bird. We will meet bye and bye for sure.

btw, hear the scuttlebutt. There was a shootout btwn some alleged drogistas and the Army/Federales in Cabo. 14 dead I hear. Too bad if true.

Jon
Old 30-10-2011, 19:45   #270

as long as only the narcos are being made dead isnt that bad ...yes is scary i guess--nothing here near us. i feel safe here. for now.
mazatlan isntbad for repairing if you stay away from the(snottyyotty) marinas..LOL--over in old harbor is the place to be--is closer to centro and many places of mazatlan. is where the shrimper yards are. is 7 miles away from marine swap meets. i like old harbor best. mazatlan is a big city, but.....
i will still have repairs to effect after leaving here-- but wont be as much to do -i will formosa my life be fixing my formosa.

whatsa ffv-er???
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle