Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-02-2019, 22:36   #2266

Boat: 1979 Acapulco 40
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

So, not sure if I’m doing this right but here goes: 61 going on 40, living in beautiful Ventura California and recently purchased a gorgeous Acapulco 40 which might be the quintessential blue water cruiser. I’m fit, well educated, well read and frankly, fun as hell. My plan is to shove off in the next year and a half to two years and never look back. I would love to have a good woman along to share the adventure. I plan to dive, hike, kayak, explore new countries and new cultures because I believe strongly that once you stop learning and growing, you start dying and I have a lot of living left to do. I’d love to have a conversation with any woman who thinks this might be the lifestyle for her , Cheers to all
Old 28-03-2019, 09:40   #2267
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

alcapulco 40 good boat. there are a few and some even actually voyage under sail. sweet lines and sturdy.
i gather this is a hard to find thread as so many potential members are "unable to find" it....those who are able to find it are admitted and those unable to locate it using search function are not admitted. following instructions and not being bots is important to the membership as sailors need to follow instructions for successful passage and refits and bots are not human
Old 29-03-2019, 16:56   #2268

Boat: Roberts 53

Hello to all you single women sailors!

My name is Rob, a very young 66 Y.O., 5' 8" tall, in great shape, intelligent, and fun. Check out my member page and albums for more. I'd love to meet a woman who enjoys sailing too. maybe we'll hit it off and make it permanent. I've been cruising my 53' cutter, mostly singlehanded, for the last 5 years. Having a great time but I could use some companionship. If we meet I'm sure you'll find me a great guy. The boat's pretty nice too. LOL

Who am I looking for? Someone fit enough to do offshore passages, bright and fun, maybe 50 to 67 Y.O. Loves to sail and travel, A diver would be a plus. Attractive would be a plus. Sound like you? Let's get acquainted. Probable ports of call over the next four months: Key West, Miami, Ft. Pierce, St. Augustine, Fernandia Beach, Beaufort NC, Virginia Beach, Cape May, Atlantic City, New York, Newport, Block Island, Martha's Vineyard, Woods Hole, Hyannis and Nantucket. Where can we meet up?

I'm in Ft. Myers FL for the next week. Cruising to Key West around 4/7 and will be there for a month or so. Will be coastal cruising to New England May/June. Summer in Long Island Sound and Cape Cod. Tentatively, after hurricane season I'll be headed South again. Bahamas, Ruerto Rico, Virgin Islands, maybe further down the Windwards. Where would you like to go?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Rob
Old 29-03-2019, 17:49   #2269

ok rob gotcha thankyou and welcome to our lil gang err gaggle of folks.
i hope allayez are having a wonderful season.
tell us what you are doing for fun and frolic.....
Old 22-05-2019, 14:39   #2270

Boat: Hobie Tandem Island

So is this the thread where we post the quick bio for SSSSM? Still getting the hang of this site. This seems to be a reply, I can't find where to post. So if this is not the right spot, could someone please point me to it or be an angel and move the text there?

Gidday everyone, I grew up in NZ sailing classic timber yachts with my family, moved to Australia 20 years ago and got involved with catamarans; love cruising - race when it's the only way to go sailing.I have been married, one or two long term relationships but never really been with someone into cruising sailing the way I would like to.

Just now I'm caught up in this earning a living business; the plan is to make that mobile and buy a yacht, go cruising. If I ever get involved with anyone ever again, it will be someone I'd like to go sailing with and vice versa. I am looking or a man who can put ideas into words, values quality of life....oh, and I am not prefudiced against fancy boats
Old 22-05-2019, 14:52   #2271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiscanswim View Post
So is this the thread where we post the quick bio for SSSSM? Still getting the hang of this site. This seems to be a reply, I can't find where to post. So if this is not the right spot, could someone please point me to it or be an angel and move the text there?

Gidday everyone, I grew up in NZ sailing classic timber yachts with my family, moved to Australia 20 years ago and got involved with catamarans; love cruising - race when it's the only way to go sailing.I have been married, one or two long term relationships but never really been with someone into cruising sailing the way I would like to.

Just now I'm caught up in this earning a living business; the plan is to make that mobile and buy a yacht, go cruising. If I ever get involved with anyone ever again, it will be someone I'd like to go sailing with and vice versa. I am looking or a man who can put ideas into words, values quality of life....oh, and I am not prefudiced against fancy boats
good afternoon! please check your inbox!!!
have a great day!
Old 28-05-2019, 20:39   #2272

Boat: Hobie Tandem Island

Hi I'd love to join your thread. I have sailed all my life. My seven year relationship that involved a motor cruiser ended last year, - I've spent the last five months picking myself back up, and if I ever get into a relationship again, it will be with a man who loves sailing as much as I do. Life is too short to be stuck mowing lawns and vacuuming carpets!

I live in NSW Australia, plan to buy a 30-something cruising yacht some time this year, I'm building a portable career for myself and as my sons are both grown up and independent, I look forward to cruising where the wind and currents take me.

Apart from sailing I like word games, walking, hanging out with friends. I'm a bit of a greenie, moderate lefty, nothing radical. In a prospective partner I value kindness and the ability to put ideas into words. I don't like smoking or heavy drinking.

Thanks for your consideration.
Old 28-05-2019, 21:06   #2273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiscanswim View Post
Hi I'd love to join your thread. I have sailed all my life. My seven year relationship that involved a motor cruiser ended last year, - I've spent the last five months picking myself back up, and if I ever get into a relationship again, it will be with a man who loves sailing as much as I do. Life is too short to be stuck mowing lawns and vacuuming carpets!

I live in NSW Australia, plan to buy a 30-something cruising yacht some time this year, I'm building a portable career for myself and as my sons are both grown up and independent, I look forward to cruising where the wind and currents take me.

Apart from sailing I like word games, walking, hanging out with friends. I'm a bit of a greenie, moderate lefty, nothing radical. In a prospective partner I value kindness and the ability to put ideas into words. I don't like smoking or heavy drinking.

Thanks for your consideration.
please accept the invitation i sent you! once you accept you can do the bio in home page and message privately with members and join conversations inside group.
. welcome, kiwis!
Old 17-06-2019, 00:49   #2274

Send a message via Skype™ to PADISail

If that is a serious concern, you could always choose the guy that doesn't have a vessel, yet... <BSEG>

Hmmm... White Boxers... Been a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
So, reading this article today I have to wonder if us sailing girls should ignore sailing guys with the fancy boats, if we eventually want serious commitment.

BBC News - Flashy sports cars are male 'short-term mating signal'
Old 17-06-2019, 01:53   #2275

Seriously though...
I've had my eye on a couple Gulfstar 47 SailMasters for a couple years now, one has a really nice hardtop on it which I figure would be great in weather, but not sure she is still on the market - been dropped from several broker sites but remains on a couple others.
From what I can see there are about 3 or 4 other GS47's out there with rag-tops that are still available, so hopefully something will remain available.

There are a number of things I like about the GS47, not the least of which is the large fuel tank (200gal), and the possibility of reducing the freshwater storage a bit and bringing the fuel capacity up to almost 400 gallons.
Yes, I've heard about the structural troubles, but I've also heard others say that if you find a 47 that has NOT had those fails within the first decade of use - you'll likely not have that occur in the future.

Read about a fella named Tom Neale that raised his family on a GS47 for 19 years and I'll bet those kids turned out GREAT, with all the exposure to so many cultures. Kind of been thinking seriously about doing that myself, but two things stand in my way:

#1 - Lack the Better Half / First mate
#2 - Lack the Boat ($$$ is the deal there)

The fact that I've never hoisted a sail I consider to be a minor obstacle.
I'm a quick study, intelligent, and I'm motivated to learn.
Handy with Electrical/Electronics, Computers, and Mechanical.
Have repaired and rebuilt a number of engines in my life, gas and diesel.
Skilled at woodwork and FG.

I'm a PADI Certified OW Diver, and I've always loved being around water, deep sea fishing, spear fishing, and power boating in my youth.
Have had a couple race boats and at one time was a pretty fair skier.

I blame Jimmy Buffet (in part) for my desire to 'Go Native', not just because I like Margaritas though. I just feel drawn to that life, like I feel drawn to my French, Irish,Scot,and Welsh ancestry. Feel at home around Celtic tunes and performing in Renaissance Theatre. So I'll probably want to visit those ports eventually.

To me,heaven would be anchored in a quiet clear warm water Island Cove with a comfortable bed to sleep in, a good woman laying at my side, a steady supply of food from the Sea, and a sturdy compressor to fill the dive tanks.

My goal and dream is to make the run from Cabo to Fatu Hiva and spend a few months hopping over to the Coral Sea, with a stop in Bora-Bora or Tahiti to get married, and at least dive the Isle de Maria Atoll (and probably quite a few more), then head up through the Solomons to Hawaii, and back to Noyo Harbor near Fort Bragg CA as a Port of Hail.

I have a half acre of wooded property in the mountains of Northern Cali that I can and will build a house/home on, if that's what my FirstMate and I decide, OR we could just keep on sailing...

There's more to making the dream a reality and accomplishing the Goals, but I have plenty of presence online at other places to expound on that, and it would take up too much room here.

Also, as you can see, I can be quite wordy, so maybe like Tom Neale, there is a book in me somewhere, or if my FM writes music (I'm a singer) a CD of Songs inspired by the journey, or at the least a blog if I get the chance to explore this experience... I hear some people make enough money doing that to pay for their excursions to far-away Seas...
Working from a boat! What a freaking Awesome thought !!!

Hmmm... White Boxers... Been a while...
Old 17-06-2019, 02:20   #2276

Hi Zee,

Saw your blog about Justin...
My heart goes out to him. I know how cruel MN can be, I survived one of the Cali Fires in 2015 with the shirt on my back, lost everything else, 40+ yr family home, keepsakes of 4 gens of my family, two vehicles, collectables I have amassed over 10+ yrs, but all that is just stuff - my dog and I made it out Thank God!
Had the circumstances been just ever so slightly different he would have perished in the house. He was with me for over 16 years, lost him a couple years after the fire.

I have an idea what Justin is going through, I'm still recovering after 4 years. It has been painfully slow and VERY frustrating, which is just one more reason that I need a change in my life, need to get away from the BS for a while, I've been wound so tight these last years MANY are amazed I haven't completely lost my sanity.

I'm a Native Son of the Golden West, born & raised in Cali, and I love my State, but can't stand the govt and the way they treat their citizens here.

There is no place in the USA I would rather live, so if it get's too much worse here, if we don't get some relief from the greed, the only place I want to bug-out to is the Ocean...

Please tell Justin that he is in my prayers...

I have a GFM Campaign also, but I'm sure it's a LOT different than his.
Old 17-06-2019, 06:13   #2277

yeah cali was bad in 2011 when i left...i wouldnot go back for any amount of money. padi, check your pms..
justin has gotten himself in better shape now....
Old 17-06-2019, 14:32   #2278

That's good to hear Zee...
Glad he's doing better.
Sometimes life just sucks !
Old 18-06-2019, 08:34   #2279

welcome to the group padi. mexico is not bad. good food good sailing and a continuation of the west coast, but a tad different.....
Old 15-07-2019, 22:01   #2280

Hello all, well I successfully navigated my way to this ‘part deux’ page. I’m looking forward to joining the group and hopefully chatting with you.

I’m a single female sailor looking to join in again and once again feel that breeze.
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle