Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-10-2015, 09:12   #1981

Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
oh, btw, bhodie--didyou find the first thread?? i dont know how many millions pf pages it was but it held some good stuff. we could talk about any and everything, then it was shut down..lol loong story, now we are dribbling in here.. used to be a lot more funner... still have the same characters, for most part,...
Ah zee. Am New here and been trying to keep my mouth shut to keep from showing my ignorance. Been reading around your forum for about a year now. My last post kicked me to the last page in this thread. Was on about page 50 something which certainly is out of context now. Thing I wanted to say GIRL is I am sorry for your heart ache. I know is only words from a stranger but it's all I have to give you. Please forgive me.
Am sorry for your losses. Thank you for your kindness.
My prayers are with you.
Bhodeitrue
Old 17-10-2015, 12:12   #1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts66 View Post
Ahhhh but you see Zee, bubba would be safe and sound below with you! Even if he touched it though, he would not be toast, but odds are, he wouldn't touch it more than once! Even cats can learn after all. LOL
I'm a thinkin you don't know that much about electric fences. No offense but it ain't that simple. I used to work at a horse farm in one of my past life's and even being an "intelligent" hairless human I used to walk into that sob at least 3 times a week. By the way, it was wired direct to the 110 some way. It wouldn't knock me on my tail like 220 but it would ring bells in my ears and make my fillings rattle as it was at face level. I am 5foot 4 God dmnit!!! My boss used to Lhao.
You will not stop a buffalo. No way brother, with an electric fence of any kind that I know of. You might piss them off. Probably not even a little. A buffalo?
Bible says any trap you lay you will fall into it yourself (not a direct quote but that's what it says) when I took the time to reflect on this I could not argue. You want to check out all kinds of electric fencing, including solar, check out
Jeffers.com
You want to wire it up to the 110 ? I don't recommend it. Don't know how he did it. Won't speak to the fire hazard, but it will definitely get YOUR , or you cats, attention. A buffalo? No. I've been hung up on those things more times than I can count over the years but I only weigh in at 120 or so. Plus I am not that hairy most days. So much for the falacy of human "intelligence"
Old 17-10-2015, 12:29   #1983

In addition, Jeffers is my go to for all manner of pharmaceutical. Antibiotics. Surgical supplies. Vitamins. Poultices. Fencing g . Saddelry.Vaccines and floatation devices for four leggers and all manner of things. I have been doing business with them for 20 years now. If I had any money I would have bought stock a long time ago.
Jeffers.com
1800- jeffers
Check it out
Old 17-10-2015, 12:59   #1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookoutnw View Post
I think that being on this thread, it is step one in the process of life of a cruising soul.
Here, you already know someone is committed to a boating lifestyle. The freedom that it brings to one's soul, the enlightenment of it all. Whether it is perfect sailing or a hurricane, they will probably endure.
As you course your way through the seas, and through this life, many people of both gender will cross your bow and wake. Those that do with cannonfire and profanity, well, Davy Jones shall meet them. Those with a kind word, intelligent conversation and a helping hand? Well those are the real sailors, both male and female, that I am here to greet and allow on my vessel for a dinner or more.
My vessel is always open for those whom have shown by their mannerisms that they are a good, honest person, and with luck, many shall walk my decks and will go their way, a better person for it, as I know i will, just from the chance meeting, or the long awaited and anticipated encounter.
You had sparked my interest, partly because of your name alone, but this? Really. Are you on parole and are THEY forcing you to attend meetings?
Old 17-10-2015, 13:39   #1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodeitrue View Post
You had sparked my interest, partly because of your name alone, but this? Really. Are you on parole and are THEY forcing you to attend meetings?
Sorry. Just kind of crabbed off. Shouldn't have jumped your sh123t about the butterfly ad nauseam. Truley didnt intend to mean. Or rain on your well intended parade.
Pts and a bad flashback. Please forgive me
Old 17-10-2015, 22:54   #1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakeasy View Post
Ah, I had this weird dream, I saw an very young man, Max Lingham, tall, straight, blond, dancing waltzes in a Degas painting.
How lovely.
Being new here I should say I am female.
Have been on the hard now for quite some time. Have a lot of miles on me and probably qualify as derelict in some people's opinion. However, with a refit and some tender loving restoration, I might be someone's dreamboat again. 56 was a good year, for cars any way. Need to find some new heart gaskets, replace ignition system, wireing is a mess, can't spell much, don't eat much, drink too much (consumption varies and mileage can be unpredictable but carburetor works pretty well as does self regulator... ** every now and then).Some body work and a paint job might help the resail value but then again .. makes no sense to paint a Bush rat then roll it for fun. I like fun. Am pretty crazy. Crazy seems to be somewhat of a prerequisite for here. Am not a weevil. More of a varmint. While both can be pesky I am not "lookin for a home", just lookin for someone who gives a dmn. Very fur legged friendly. Currently in n.c./usa
Ps. Smoke like I need a ring job. Wrong! Probably a lost cause
Old 19-10-2015, 00:28   #1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSMike View Post
Speaking of looking for a mate, I guess it pays to advertise so here's a little about myself:

I should have done this before but I'm shy (really).

68 years old
5'11" tall (and at the age where I'm shrinking)
240 pounds (down from 260 and still working at it)
Definitely a furry bear type (hey, I'm warm in the winter)
Still have some of my hair (in the fashionable platinum color)
Have my own teeth (paid a pretty penny for them too)

Still love that moment when the sails start to fill and I can turn off the engine.
Still trying to learn how to play guitar.
Used to roadrace motorcycles until I crashed badly at Daytona in 2009.
Still dance but not as much as I used to (see "used to roadrace" above).
Still like to read actual books (as in dead trees).
Love most kinds of music (except rap and opera and anything else in a language I don't comprehend).

Financially secure (no money and no bills, now that's financially secure)
I've had so many occupations I should be able to write the great american novel, accountant, bartender, captain, and that's only the first three letters!
Actually I am a reliable sort of man, believe it or not.
Currently retired or unemployed, whichever you prefer (living on social security - see "financially secure" above)
Educated beyond my intelligence (flunked out of college but still ended up with a Juris Doctor).

Don't smoke.
Don't do drugs.
Do drink, usually red wine or beer (all things in moderation - including moderation)
Do not indulge in kinky sex (unless you want to)

Main asset is a 40' trimaran which is less than half my age lol.
Said vessel is not a luxury liner but she's functional (sort of like myself I guess).
Enjoy sailing the US east coast and the Bahamas.
Would enjoy it more with the right lady.

Currently meandering my way northward from Florida towards North Carolina, maybe the Chesapeake, then the Keys and the Bahamas late in the year.
Should be in St. Augustine in the next day or two, then Fernandina, Jax., St. Simons and onwards.

Any lady along the way (or elsewhere) who would like to meet up for a coffee or a cocktail or a sunset sail? If so please drop me a line.
Don't worry, animals and small children like me (well, most of them).

Have I mentioned I have a sense of humor?
Hey mike . You sound lovely. Well you all sound lovely, actually, and continue to be a delight to me as I tentatively peruse the cf forums. As I am reading through this thread from the beginning I am still a. Couple years behind but should catch up soon.
Zee baby: still trying to negotiate the join requirements. Not too tech savvy. Would like to repeat that my prayers are with you. Sorry about your lost love one's. I know you don't know me but I have been reading your posts for a time now and feel like I know you a little bit.
I will try to make an effort in the near future about the join requirements.
Lovely dove too you all.
I go by the name of cotton, currently live in north Carolina and will try to offer up a bio and formally join as soon as I can get this together.
I would like to say that I am falling in love with you guys. All of you.

Be Blessed the flame that flickers warm
God keep our loved ones far from harm
God's Peace through every sailors storm
May it find me resting in Your arms
Cotton
Old 19-11-2015, 04:42   #1988
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

bhodie--there is an invitation in your notifications accept and it is done. welcome.
Old 21-11-2015, 05:31   #1989

Boat: Gullfstar 50

Ahoy (prospective) Mates!
57 and cruising PT in the waters of the Sea of Cortez.
Work for a little longer in the far north on a rotation that leaves time to thaw and sail. It won't be long, and I'll be livin the dream full time. Can't wait.
Yes, I would like to find someone that shares the passion of adventure and exploration. Take the path less travelled. Set an open course for who knows where. Yada yada. (Zee told me to add the yada yada)
Good fortune to you all
Samuel
Old 21-11-2015, 05:45   #1990

okaaayyy so we has another victim errr member.... whooooot..... welcome and have fun ...
Old 21-11-2015, 06:43   #1991
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

WElcome Dune

and hey zeezee!!!
Old 21-11-2015, 07:01   #1992

hay smb..how zit shakin...find any cows with cash?? i saw some cows walking along a roadside after patricia--their grazing land is a river bed now.
no fruits anymore . not even one mango was spared her wrath... as for breadfruit papaya and other tree hanging fruit--all gone..there will be no bananas here for over a year to come--ALL those trees were washed and blown away.... is most distressing. especially for monkees.....
funny how constant winds at 200mph can strip a tree... throw em even...
ohyeah, and hay dune--- ye think soc is cool... after yer done there, meander down the mexicoast...i find it much more pleasant here. i will prolly sail soc before i disappear from mexiwestcoast, but.. dont know when, as i want mazatlan for a repair base--already have my land work crew sorted, and just need to have boat decide to travel.
she is a bitch occasionally but i love her.
once i reach mazatlan i will stay for all repairs i need to and want to effect..could take as long as it did here to rebuilld my engine.
Old 21-11-2015, 07:19   #1993
cruiser

zee zee zounds like no trees means all monkeys are in cafe doing internet games.

zee will leave too since catts like trees.

repairs good. Glad things are ok uthherwize
Old 21-11-2015, 07:34   #1994

is still gorgeous here even with leafless trees..still just enough green. banana trees only green tops. no flowers no fruit... betewwn water flowing through the farms and the wind from hell, wow is all i can say.. before vs after is incredible. sorry bananas will be pricier.
no more tree grown fruits in open markets. all now is imported..and monkees are either in tears or have followed the bananas....
Old 21-11-2015, 09:12   #1995
cruiser

SaltyMonkey wishd he could see what zeezee saw before, during and after storm when zeezee ran away from dock by doom machine heading toward zee!

SaltyMonkey watched webcam Lan Manzanilla beach during that time awaiting news from zee, and storm looked um...normal. SM went to get himself a banana from the kitchen and 5 minutes later the beach was INSANE!!! 5 minutes only!!!

La Manzanilla Beach cam

Now cam is back and looks beautifil
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle