Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2015, 09:46   #1921

Boat: 1978 Pearson 424 Ketch
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Hi zeehag.

I saw some post earlier, that you were re-doin' yer engine. How did/is that goin'? Are you still on the Pacific side or have you come through to the carib ? I enjoy reading your post and like your style. Would like to run in to ya one day...socialy that is ;-) I try to keep collisions to a minimum... I think that'd be an adventurous occasion. Chance will decide. The world aint that big.
Old 07-07-2015, 22:32   #1922

Location: Tampa Bay area, Tarpon Springs, and Clearwater Beach
Boat: MacGregor 26M

Can't figure out this social group. Can anyone help? How do you join or post bios?
Old 07-07-2015, 22:43   #1923
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

[tink3rman...still pacific side, enginevgood but other issues came up. it IS a boat....

the process of joining ssssm is easy when the instructions are followed as per the heart paragraph. state marital status. post here. after posting here, i admit you if the parameters are met and you are not a married swinger crew searching bot. after you are admitted into the group as the page states, then you can make a bio inside group.

hope everyone had a lovely weekend.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:47   #1924

we welcome irene to our group... we have one other still pending..... i think he is trying to figger out how to post in a thread he needs to search for......

anyone got summer stories yet?????

i got one bad one... everything my last alleged crew touched has been found to have been done in such a way as to cause me grief and harm, so i am redoing everything so i might actually arrive in mazatlan for further repairs and such. i will be repairing wood spars--should be fun, and i will post pix etc of progress, should i live thru the last 300 miles of ocean before the destination...
found a live 130 v wire just sitting in a cabinet i use as a junk cabinet. guess how i found it...lol.
my hand is stiull feeling strange after the zap, err, ZZZZAPP.....dang thing bit the c***outtamypaw...now i t is gone, as i had a neighbor remove it, now i get to replace the gfi socket that was made to fail by the incident--and i am ever so glad i didnt use my invertor while in marina, as the live end was the end which used to go into the 400 wtt invertor that was used on anchor.. ok... burn baby burn is not my mantra.....AND it is good i have a system check for my shore power cord, as the inept one didnt twist lock it either end, and i found cord HOT both ends.. ok i averted another impending doom moment... whew....
and i will not go thru what i have had to do about my marine head system that was made fail by papier mache inside all the hoses and fittings and such... 2 pump assemblies later, i am still fighting with it.. do not flush paper down a manual toilet. if the head can handle it, the hoses cannot. i have two hoses and 2 fittings to yet clean out or change out while in a locale without the fancy dancy stuff used by snotty yotties in their boats lol.... is 20 miles and 500 pesos to get officially approved marine items here...no, not whining, splainin-- life here rocks and there wis no place prettier to be stuck tha ti have found and that is safe in storms. this place is ok in my book. i am protected from wierdness by local fishermen of the cooperativa, am brought caracol, pulpo, fishies, ostiones, all kindsa seafoods not normally eaten quite this fresh by gringos. i LOVE it here.
and what they give me for cat to eat is awesome.. pez vela--sailfish..dorado... yummmmm
always make friends with the local fishermen. you never know what they can assist with-- they found me my mechanic and parts i couldnt find. good folks. they also advise as to who is a sticky fingred ladron, as all pueblas have one.
Old 08-07-2015, 22:04   #1925

Good t' hear yer motor good. yup stuff dose brake tho.

Crew is hard to find...good crew that is ;-) Went out to the tortugas a couple weeks ago. Had 5 other people on board....well some of them could be called crew. one person stated that he might get seasick, before we left and was offered some ginger ail that I brew...that has worked for everyone I've given it to, I might add....he said his wrist band would work. He filled my shower sump on the way out. There were no hot showers for the first two hours after we anchored. I had to pull the sump apart and scoop it all out, as the pump strainer wouldn't pass any of it. There were a couple women on board and a personel item ended up in the hose off the head. it must have taken some vigorous pumping to get it half way down the hose to the vented loop.I didn't ask who it was tho. that was a bit of a mess. both lavatories got clogged with hair and I'll have to take some blame on that, as they were of reduced size due to salt build up. I need to move the thru hulls up at the next haul out.
I did get to do some diving tho. one of the "crew" is a marine biologist and we got to check out some of the corals they are studying and some that they've planted. Did a night dive with ultraviolet light....boy you want to talk about incredible?
the sail down and back was great. had 20 knot winds out of the east was an easy run down with only about 3 foot seas just south of the wind and only two tac's back under the main and genny. I'm kind of glad we didn't have to do a lot of tacing tho. one crew thought it would be a good idea to haul the sheet in tight and "then" put it on the winch. He got his hand caught. Hence I came into the wind fast. and another thought setting the winch handle on the combing was a good idea. I have three others and put two of them down blow for safe keeping.
It's a good thing I'm able to let most things ride, as at the end we all had a good time and they all....except the seasick one...expressed a desire to move in and cruise. I said we'll see.,,,not... why don't you, get a boat and you'll have even more fun.;-)
Life is good
Old 09-07-2015, 01:38   #1926

If I am single, is this were I post to considered to part of the SSSSM group?
Old 09-07-2015, 05:43   #1927

patrick 7, have you gone to the social group page and filed a request?? that is where ye sign up, thankyou !!

tink--yes crew is difficult to find.. some that find you even have death wish fro your boat--i wish it were not that way.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:31   #1928
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Oh zeezee! Becareful playing wif electrik snakes and stuff! Stay healthy!!!
Old 09-07-2015, 16:15   #1929

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
Oh zeezee! Becareful playing wif electrik snakes and stuff! Stay healthy!!!
smb--i wont endanger me nor bubba nor boat.
when the sabos i foun d done to this boat have been reversed an d diesel fuel filters installed an dsome few other items corrected i will leave. already the electrical systemless is poerforming better. i only placed myhand into a cabinet supposedly free of electrical charges, and that was day before yesterday. today mny hand is still with changed sensation. th e shocker was not spozed to be a shocker, so i had it removed. i cannot under stand making deliberate fail in such a manner. had i left my invertor with this cord plugged in to it while on shore power, this boat would have burned already.
i have found many lil electricity things that should have caused bad damages except oi found em in a timely manner....
and the cretin who did this did other stuff i am stilll finding. and many folks seem to think this was a decent crewmember for me.
the fact is he sucked. he went back to fla and told folks my boat was "fixed"
yeah it was fixed. it wa sfixed so i would not have made mazatlan befor e death and destruction.
glad i fired his worthless self.
also good thing i have gut feeling a about stuff that needs ttention before i go anywhere, as i woulda died and sunk--he left toilet hoses disconnected and too short.. wondrous.. ok i am still in middle of manual toilet repair endless saga from hell, and only 2 or 3 hoses left to replace. getting there--at this rate should be another year,. dammit, and then, only back to mazatlan for further repairs, as i need to create booms and maintain masts among other repairs...
Old 09-07-2015, 16:24   #1930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick7 View Post
If I am single, is this were I post to considered to part of the SSSSM group?
ok so i presumed you were telling me you are single. so i added you to group. welcome. now go to that heart page and enter the social group ..in there you will be able to make a bio... whooot we got fresh blood...
Old 10-07-2015, 03:39   #1931

Zee yah, ignorance abounds in a lot of prospective crew. I wish I could say I didn't have any ;-)

electrical...most of the work I do, is fixing what the pro's did.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:39   #1932
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Geez, Zee, I noticed I'm single! Got any li'l bunnys for me?

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
Old 10-07-2015, 06:54   #1933

might just--are you a member yet???
i can let ye in, as you are no stranger to me....at least not online...lol

please answer your invitation, thankyou!
Old 10-07-2015, 07:50   #1934

Boat: Hunter 34

Hello all. I am a new single sailor here. I sail out of Gulport, FL. Always interested in meeting new people.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:02   #1935

wow fresh meat--lovin this day.. welcome new folks..
come out of the woodwork, folks--we got us some welcoming to do
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle