Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 06:17   #1801
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyloo730 View Post
Ahhh you sound like my kind of man ....
Number 1 is my favourite .... And normally leads to 2!!
I have had an afternoon of adrenaline filled danger ... Car Racing (passenger) at our local circuit !!! It's on the headland ... Rain lashing down ... Drifting and a few near misses .... But the white horses on the seas looked even more fun

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Better late than never.....

Agreed... #1 almost always leads to #2...

Track racing definitely gets the adrenaline rush, very similar to the "whew!" is it warm in here? feelings...

Spent many a day on the track/pit, and flying in the air offroad... Nothing like blasting along a cliff side at 100 on dirt, looking down 200 ft to the beach...

All that traded for the occasional white horses mixed with flat runs... Way more fun

Mai Tai's fix everything...
Old 04-10-2014, 11:24   #1802

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMdRSailor View Post
Better late than never.....

Agreed... #1 almost always leads to #2...

Track racing definitely gets the adrenaline rush, very similar to the "whew!" is it warm in here? feelings...

Spent many a day on the track/pit, and flying in the air offroad... Nothing like blasting along a cliff side at 100 on dirt, looking down 200 ft to the beach...

All that traded for the occasional white horses mixed with flat runs... Way more fun

There's nothing like a good adrenaline rush to make you feel alive !
I think the term 'junkies' describes our kind very well ... It's all about our absolute enthusiasm for everything slightly crazy or dangerous !
Flats runs are the perfect time for making a gin and tonic and enjoying it lounging on the foredeck with a good book !!

Old 05-10-2014, 07:57   #1803

Hello, everybody! Any Californians aboard?

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 05-10-2014, 10:35   #1804
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by monache View Post

good morning monarche. please fill out the info section of your profile to include marital status and some info about yourself. thankyou!!!
when you are a full member you may peruse the bios inside the social club and experience the benefits of membership.
thankyou for your interest.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:27   #1805
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
There's nothing like a good adrenaline rush to make you feel alive !
I think the term 'junkies' describes our kind very well ... It's all about our absolute enthusiasm for everything slightly crazy or dangerous !
Flats runs are the perfect time for making a gin and tonic and enjoying it lounging on the foredeck with a good book !!

Junkies indeed!

We took the little boat out yesterday because of the warm temps and 20+ kt forecast... What a wild wet blast! Reefing is over-rated...

All went great until 5 min from back in the slip, when the rudder downhaul parted... It would have been a bit over the top exciting having it let go with a rail in the water 1/2 hour earlier...

Favorite flat run activity is the aforementioned beverage... And a big hunk of lamb or beef on the BBQ so the aroma wafts along with the boat...

Quote:

So Cal native displaced recently in the deep South! You can do a search for CA members by going to the "community" drop down menu/members list, and use the search on the upper right...

Old 06-10-2014, 06:02   #1806

monarche will be able to scan and peruse the social group members list once the requirements for membership are met.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:41   #1807
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
monarche will be able to scan and peruse the social group members list once the requirements for membership are met.
Zee runs a tight ship boys and girls...

Insubordination will not be tolerated!!!

(I was talking member search for the entire forum, not the group members)

Carry on Admiral!

Old 06-10-2014, 06:45   #1808

What other requirements do I have to meet? I posted my marital status if that is what you are talking about.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:44   #1809

[QUOTE=HappyMdRSailor;1646834]Junkies indeed!

We took the little boat out yesterday because of the warm temps and 20+ kt forecast... What a wild wet blast! Reefing is over-rated...

All went great until 5 min from back in the slip, when the rudder downhaul parted... It would have been a bit over the top exciting having it let go with a rail in the water 1/2 hour earlier...

Favorite flat run activity is the aforementioned beverage... And a big hunk of lamb or beef on the BBQ so the aroma wafts along with the boat...

Sounds like an 'interesting' trip ... Gives you something to repair though... Men love a good repair job !!

Hmmm you are in the same 'I won't take a reef in until the conditions are so bad that you will surely get swiped off the deck when absolutely forced to take in said reef' group .... You and my mum would get on ... She sails only to see the rails in the water !'

BBQ ... Sounds great but defiantly not at this angle !! ... And a huge steak is always a must !!

Old 06-10-2014, 21:15   #1810

Quote:
What other requirements do I have to meet? I posted my marital status if that is what you are talking about.
gotcha. sorry i am a tad slow... welcome...!!!
Old 07-10-2014, 04:13   #1811
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
gotcha. sorry i am a tad slow... welcome...!!!
Oh poo... I missed a golden opportunity... Here was requirement #1

1. Turn on the AC really high so it's cold in the house, put a 3-4 various sizes of line in one large random pile on the bottom of your tub and run a cold shower with the drain partially blocked so you maintain 6-12" of water... Head to your living room and prop up the back legs of your sofa 6-8" so it tilts forward at a fairly large angle... Scatter a few large and small objects on the floor between the sofa and the shower... Stay up until 3AM so you're exhausted, hop on the sofa nekid, set your alarm for 4AM and turn off all lights...(lights must be kept off for the remainder of this requirement) When your alarm goes off, run to the bathroom cursing like a sailor for all the painful encounters with the items strewn in your path... Hop in the cold shower and plop down in the tub... feel around to find the bitter end of the largest line and tie a bowline around your waist... Now search for two bitter ends of different sized lines and join them with a bend of your choosing... After you've completed this, you may then curl up on the bath mat for a few more moments of sleep... (extra credit for no mat and a cold hard floor) (double extra credit if you sprinkle a few drops of diesel around the bathroom baseboards)

Quote:
Sounds like an 'interesting' trip ... Gives you something to repair though... Men love a good repair job !!

Hmmm you are in the same 'I won't take a reef in until the conditions are so bad that you will surely get swiped off the deck when absolutely forced to take in said reef' group .... You and my mum would get on ... She sails only to see the rails in the water !'

BBQ ... Sounds great but defiantly not at this angle !! ... And a huge steak is always a must !!
Oh man! I must REALLY LOVE repairing things then!!! I have a very large list with the approximate financial requirement equal to the GDP of a small to medium sized country...

Over canvased in the right conditions is too much fun... Condition #1 of course is provisions for your beverage... =closed cup with a straw ... You and mum don't mind straw cups do you?...

The BBQ tends to lose it's charm over 15 kts or 10 degrees... AND... I have a hard time coming up with much that isn't better on the Q!

Old 07-10-2014, 04:27   #1812

Oh man! I must REALLY LOVE repairing things then!!! I have a very large list with the approximate financial requirement equal to the GDP of a small to medium sized country...

Over canvased in the right conditions is too much fun... Condition #1 of course is provisions for your beverage... =closed cup with a straw ... You and mum don't mind straw cups do you?...

The BBQ tends to lose it's charm over 15 kts or 10 degrees... AND... I have a hard time coming up with much that isn't better on the Q![/QUOTE]

Isn't that the prerogative of all boat owners !

Straw ... Bottle with cork ... Camel style bag ... I'm Easy ... As long as it gets to the desired place !!
I am the family victualer ... The choosing, stowing & consuming of beverages is my area ... I am famous for serving stupid unboatly food at silly angles ... Making sure the correct vessels for drinking are distributed and rain full at all times ... I'm a great crew member !!

Enjoyed the new requirements for entry into group ... You got to put people through their paces

Old 07-10-2014, 04:54   #1813
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Isn't that the prerogative of all boat owners !

Straw ... Bottle with cork ... Camel style bag ... I'm Easy ... As long as it gets to the desired place !!
I am the family victualer ... The choosing, stowing & consuming of beverages is my area ... I am famous for serving stupid unboatly food at silly angles ... Making sure the correct vessels for drinking are distributed and rain full at all times ... I'm a great crew member !!

Enjoyed the new requirements for entry into group ... You got to put people through their paces

Excellent! Sounds like we are a pretty good match then! Boy... Why hasn't somebody come up with a wine bottle cork/straw that has a check valve in it??? And maybe... some type of bean bag sleeve to keep it from rolling around?

Glad you liked my idea for requirements... (that was #1 btw)
Zee will probably think it's over the top, but hey... It's her club!

Old 07-10-2014, 05:06   #1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMdRSailor View Post
Excellent! Sounds like we are a pretty good match then! Boy... Why hasn't somebody come up with a wine bottle cork/straw that has a check valve in it??? And maybe... some type of bean bag sleeve to keep it from rolling around?

Glad you liked my idea for requirements... (that was #1 btw)
Zee will probably think it's over the top, but hey... It's her club!

Ohhh a non return valve wine bottle ... Yes there's a definite gap in the market .... Maybe you could put this on your job list !? ... Might help raise some towards your 'repair fund' .... Although I would have to claim a percentage of profits for creative inspiration ...

Not sure about the bean bag though ... Im thinking a thigh strap/ or pouch ... You wouldn't want to be too far from the bottle ...

2#!?

I'm sure Zee would appreciate the need for a rigorous testing process while locating a potential life partner ... I for one will now be putting all prospectives through this before I consider them for any further romance !!!

Old 07-10-2014, 05:45   #1815
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Ohhh a non return valve wine bottle ... Yes there's a definite gap in the market .... Maybe you could put this on your job list !? ... Might help raise some towards your 'repair fund' .... Although I would have to claim a percentage of profits for creative inspiration ...

Not sure about the bean bag though ... Im thinking a thigh strap/ or pouch ... You wouldn't want to be too far from the bottle ...

2#!?

I'm sure Zee would appreciate the need for a rigorous testing process while locating a potential life partner ... I for one will now be putting all prospectives through this before I consider them for any further romance !!!
OK then... You're in for a 50% partnership if you diligently test all the prototypes...

The thigh strap idea is BRILLIANT!
The only downside I see is the inability for hands free accessibility? In this case it seems like a perfect solution for a partner to also have said vessel strapped to a thigh.... See where I'm going with this???

Oh I think the proper vetting process for you is essential!!! Life on the seas is too short to get handcuffed with the wrong partner... The right partner however..... Hmm.....

Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle