Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 04:11   #1591

Boat: Mason 43
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Just a reminder for newbies... commenting on a users profile is public, a private message remains private :-)
Old 10-12-2013, 06:41   #1592
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

thank you helen for that....
Old 10-12-2013, 09:39   #1593

Boat: NA
SSSSM - Part Deux

Hello everyone...I'm a single sailor - in between boats right now - ready to crew for you anywhere in Southern Cal from Ventura to San Diego...just tell me where and when! I grew up on Long Island and had my first boat at 12 yrs old. I've been in Cali since 1978. I'm proficient and versatile on the water. I sailed on the Great South Bay and to Fire Island many, many times. Left NY at nineteen and have been sailing to Two Harbors numerous times over the years. I’m ready to go sailing if you are!

Cruisers & Sailing Forums - View Profile: DaleT
Old 14-12-2013, 21:02   #1594

Boat: Freedom 38

OK, Zee, here you go...I'm finally posting an introduction and hope I can also be helpful in livening the SSSSM. I was born to a circus family that settled in Florida where I spent most of my crazy years. I'm now in the San Francisco area. My boat is a Freedom 38. It is my first sailboat, which has often made me feel like I was holding my breath while leaping off a cliff, then climbing back up to do it all over again. But it's so much fun and she's just an incredible boat. As for me, I remain obstinately single, which means I don't pair up easily just for the sake of having a partner, but I do love the idea that there is someone out there with whom I can build a relationship that will become greater than the sum of its parts. (Mmmm, yes, whatever that means. Just cue the violins here.) Actually, I'd rather talk sailing and racing and diving and kayaking -- ANYTHING ELSE -- than sound like a Match.com ad Am I still welcomed into the group with open arms? I am really looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old 15-12-2013, 04:15   #1595

ok!! welcome to the group...please read your pm.....
Old 15-12-2013, 08:05   #1596

Boat: Bayliner 2355, looking for a Whitby

welcome Dan!
Old 17-12-2013, 17:00   #1597

Location: Currently on the HARD in Guaymas Mexico and staying in Phoenix, AZ
Boat: Columbia 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamayun View Post
OK, Zee, here you go...I'm finally posting an introduction and hope I can also be helpful in livening the SSSSM. I was born to a circus family that settled in Florida where I spent most of my crazy years. I'm now in the San Francisco area. My boat is a Freedom 38. It is my first sailboat, which has often made me feel like I was holding my breath while leaping off a cliff, then climbing back up to do it all over again. But it's so much fun and she's just an incredible boat. As for me, I remain obstinately single, which means I don't pair up easily just for the sake of having a partner, but I do love the idea that there is someone out there with whom I can build a relationship that will become greater than the sum of its parts. (Mmmm, yes, whatever that means. Just cue the violins here.) Actually, I'd rather talk sailing and racing and diving and kayaking -- ANYTHING ELSE -- than sound like a Match.com ad Am I still welcomed into the group with open arms? I am really looking forward to meeting everyone.
Dumb old me, are you a male or female? How old are you? What are your future plans?
I was not able to get that from your profile or your posting. But then this Mexican weather is really making me lazy. Good luck.
Old 17-12-2013, 18:00   #1598

Boat: Freedom 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookoutnw View Post
Dumb old me, are you a male or female? How old are you? What are your future plans?
I was not able to get that from your profile or your posting. But then this Mexican weather is really making me lazy. Good luck.
It occurred to me later how obscure that post was. Apologies for that. I'll post a bio soon with more details. In the meantime, I'm a 48-yo female biologist/independent environmental consultant. My kid is grown and lives in DC. My dog is 9 yo, but hates the water. I plan to race hard and cruise over the next few years, save some money and then explore the world. I'll either start with the puddle jump to Hawaii via the single-handed TransPac (if I think I've got the skills by then) or go south with the Baja HaHa. This is as far as I've thought it out. I am definitely not a planner.

And who are you? Am I supposed to read through all 1,600 postings to get a sense of who's on the site? It seems the bio page is just that, too. So now I am the dense one. Guess I'll figure it out soon enough...

Cheers all,

Carliane
Old 17-12-2013, 22:53   #1599

Boat: Kristen 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamayun View Post
It occurred to me later how obscure that post was. Apologies for that. I'll post a bio soon with more details. In the meantime, I'm a 48-yo female biologist/independent environmental consultant. My kid is grown and lives in DC. My dog is 9 yo, but hates the water. I plan to race hard and cruise over the next few years, save some money and then explore the world. I'll either start with the puddle jump to Hawaii via the single-handed TransPac (if I think I've got the skills by then) or go south with the Baja HaHa. This is as far as I've thought it out. I am definitely not a planner.

And who are you? Am I supposed to read through all 1,600 postings to get a sense of who's on the site? It seems the bio page is just that, too. So now I am the dense one. Guess I'll figure it out soon enough...

Cheers all,

Carliane
Sounds like a plan to me
Old 18-12-2013, 02:01   #1600

well I sail a little learning more mid 40's single male Puget sound. my understanding is I post here on this thread to prove I am not a robot.( I am pretty sure I am not a robot so I am posting. ) then I click on join group and wait? is this correct?(not the robot part I dont need clarification on that)

Oh and hi Zee
Old 18-12-2013, 06:34   #1601

hay unkle...how ye doin...
ç
gamayun..you have access to the bios which come under heading of discussions in our social group

dale, i still await your about me section in your profile so i can make you a member here....
Old 19-12-2013, 05:18   #1602

unkle toad...welcome...you now have access to discussions aka bios inside the group....
WELCOME!!
Old 20-12-2013, 15:53   #1603

Boat: Last boat - Morgan IO 33

Hi All,
I am new to this forum so let me introduce myself. ILIRA was the name of my boat. I am a 56 year young single white female with experience in cruising and tall ship sailing. I am retired from education and hoping to cruise in warm climates again. I lived aboard my Morgan OI 33 for 5 years in the Florida Keys. I hope to find a trawler or a sailboat, but what fun is it alone? Just can't seem to find the guy that REALLY wants to cruise. I would like to find a well educated gentleman, around 56 yrs. young and retired. I hope this group can point me in the right direction. Thank you Zeehag for carrying the torch and restarting this group.
Old 21-12-2013, 10:24   #1604

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 38
Hi Ilira, and welcome!
Were you aboard the Lynx when she sat at Peanut Island last spring?
What a beautiful vessel she is!
I'm sort of in the same search mode you mentioned. I'm finding it hard to
find someone without all the ties to a land based life.
I'm in east central Florida hoping to start south soon.
Anyway, welcome!
Rick
Old 21-12-2013, 15:07   #1605

Boat: Last boat - Morgan IO 33

Hi Rick,
I was on Lynx at Peanut Is. Spring of 2010. Again from Philly to Boston 2011, and just finished a month with her in Gloucester, MA for her winter maintenance, down rigging and stepping the masts for coasties inspection. Whew, all hard work no sailing makes LeeAnn one TIRED woman! They should be arriving in Ft.Myers beach this week.
How far south are you going?

Sent from my DROID4 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle