Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-10-2014, 05:34   #271
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Re: Spain and Ebola: Discuss

That NYC vector passed through enhanced airport screening when he came into the US

GOOD NEWS! CDC Says NYC Ebola Doctor Cleared Enhanced Airport Screening | The Gateway Pundit

Oh MY! People are "disappearing"!!!

» Doctor: Health Authorities Covering Up Ebola-Like Cases in U.S. Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Such a safe warm feeling.
Old 24-10-2014, 06:55   #272

Boat: Bayfield 40' Silent Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyoldboatguy View Post

Dude, Rima is a quack. Nano-silver is an antimicrobial that has not been shown to have meaningful effects on any virus. To believe so in an epidemic situation is to put human beings at risk for their lives. It's great at disinfecting food preparation surfaces and reducing the odor of stinky socks. That's it.
Where do you get your information and who can you trust. Quackwatch is a location a lot of people take as gospel. Lets check them out quack doctors the doctors who done the Tuskegee syphilis experiment did not make it there. The surgeons who cut off both arms and legs of a woman who went it hospital to have a baby and other surgeons who cut off the wrong part did not make it either. What about the doctors who prescribe drugs that cause millions of death per year they don’t make it either. What about the doctors who said a package of cigarettes per day is good for you they did not make it either. What about the doctors on drug or alcohol and working in the hospital they don’t make it either.
Well who make it Dr like Lynes Pauling who has two Nobel prizes 48 honorary doctorates because he recommended vitamin C a harmless vitamin.
Dr Burzynski has been very successful in the incurable cancers he made it.
All the people attack by quackwatch are people who are looking for alternatives to drugs for curing. The drug industry is a trillion dollar business and they will get any stooges to protect that.
Old 24-10-2014, 07:01   #273

Boat: Alden auxiliary ketch 48'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post

That infowars website where you got the "info" about Ebola cover up disappearances also posted a video with some jamoke talking about how the Canadian Parliament shooting was staged. I'm going back to the site to find out where they REALLY filmed the '69 moon landings.
Old 24-10-2014, 07:09   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug View Post
Where do you get your information and who can you trust. Quackwatch is a location a lot of people take as gospel. Lets check them out quack doctors the doctors who done the Tuskegee syphilis experiment did not make it there. The surgeons who cut off both arms and legs of a woman who went it hospital to have a baby and other surgeons who cut off the wrong part did not make it either. What about the doctors who prescribe drugs that cause millions of death per year they don’t make it either. What about the doctors who said a package of cigarettes per day is good for you they did not make it either. What about the doctors on drug or alcohol and working in the hospital they don’t make it either.
Well who make it Dr like Lynes Pauling who has two Nobel prizes 48 honorary doctorates because he recommended vitamin C a harmless vitamin.
Dr Burzynski has been very successful in the incurable cancers he made it.
All the people attack by quackwatch are people who are looking for alternatives to drugs for curing. The drug industry is a trillion dollar business and they will get any stooges to protect that.

It doesn't matter how many straw man arguments you pose, it doesn't change reality. But from your post, I gather you and the truth have passed each other without speaking.
Old 24-10-2014, 08:24   #275
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

Quote:

It doesn't matter how many straw man arguments you pose, it doesn't change reality. But from your post, I gather you and the truth have passed each other without speaking.
That was very funny, and in good taste I might say. But in the interest of being kinder and gentle- may I offer our wild eyed revolutionary a drink. After all, it's only a movie.
Old 24-10-2014, 08:41   #276
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sabre 28-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
That NYC vector passed through enhanced airport screening when he came into the US

GOOD NEWS! CDC Says NYC Ebola Doctor Cleared Enhanced Airport Screening | The Gateway Pundit

Oh MY! People are "disappearing"!!!

» Doctor: Health Authorities Covering Up Ebola-Like Cases in U.S. Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Such a safe warm feeling.
Still only health care workers. Still not airborne. Still not an epidemic in the U.S.

Nurse Pham being discharged as I write. Nurse Vinson in a day or two.

Time to stop the panic and start focusing on getting things right in West Africa.
Old 24-10-2014, 09:10   #277

Boat: PSC Orion 27

I didn't read this whole thread so forgive me if this was brought up already. More people in the U.S. have married Kim Kardashian than have died of Ebola.

goat
Old 24-10-2014, 09:11   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuman View Post
Still only health care workers. Still not airborne. Still not an epidemic in the U.S.

Nurse Pham being discharged as I write. Nurse Vinson in a day or two.

Time to stop the panic and start focusing on getting things right in West Africa.

The problem remains, for folks eschewing the fringe hysteria, is that we keep getting re-assurances that don't fit reality. While that sends the conspiracy crowd into fits of ecstasy, it makes many reasonable folks not trust what they are being told. I'm not talking about the transmissibility - Ebola has been around for a long time but apparently has no history of mutating and can NOT be spread thru the air. I'm talking about this Dr who had direct contact with Ebola pts in Africa, who is wandering around NYC ignoring protocol HE, OF ALL PEOPLE, should have been following. He should have been restricted to his home for the incubation period - most reasonable experts agree that he didn't follow protocol. This is what amazes reasonable people, and it makes them not trust the folks we should be listening to. Until there is consistency in the response you will have reasonable people not trusting the gov't. The protocol has been well known for decades. It has been used successfully in Africa (until this recent outbreak) to limit the spread of the disease. Why is it being ignored (admitted by the folks @ CDC) by the very people who know it so well? Stupidity? Arrogance?
Old 24-10-2014, 09:13   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat View Post
I didn't read this whole thread so forgive me if this was brought up already. More people in the U.S. have married Kim Kardashian than have died of Ebola.

goat

You need to work on that - it still won't fit on a bumper sticker.
Old 24-10-2014, 09:20   #280
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
The problem remains, for folks eschewing the fringe hysteria, is that we keep getting re-assurances that don't fit reality. While that sends the conspiracy crowd into fits of ecstasy, it makes many reasonable folks not trust what they are being told. I'm not talking about the transmissibility - Ebola has been around for a long time but apparently has no history of mutating and can NOT be spread thru the air. I'm talking about this Dr who had direct contact with Ebola pts in Africa, who is wandering around NYC ignoring protocol HE, OF ALL PEOPLE, should have been following. He should have been restricted to his home for the incubation period - most reasonable experts agree that he didn't follow protocol. This is what amazes reasonable people, and it makes them not trust the folks we should be listening to. Until there is consistency in the response you will have reasonable people not trusting the gov't. The protocol has been well known for decades. It has been used successfully in Africa (until this recent outbreak) to limit the spread of the disease. Why is it being ignored (admitted by the folks @ CDC) by the very people who know it so well? Stupidity? Arrogance?
Actually, he did follow protocol: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidkro...n-west-africa/

And, the airborne reference was for Saltymonkey, who unilaterally declared this new route of transmission earlier in this thread. He accused anyone who questioned him of burying their head in the sand.
Old 24-10-2014, 09:52   #281
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Do not listen to anyone who purchases a Tayana and keeps it on a river or near the chess pond (tells mentality right there don't it?)

Cat owners have credibility though.

Just saying'.

Old 24-10-2014, 09:52   #282

Quote:
Actually, he did follow protocol: NYC Doctor Craig Spencer Followed Proper Protocols After Returning From Ebola-Stricken West Africa - Forbes

And, the airborne reference was for Saltymonkey, who unilaterally declared this new route of transmission earlier in this thread. He accused anyone who questioned him of burying their head in the sand.

I have heard otherwise re protocol - but that is a debate that I can't get into as I am not up on those things. Thanks for the link - I appreciate thoughtful debate.

I knew you were referencing Saltymonkey in your post. The reality is that folks are concerned because of the missteps in the beginning and the continued confusing information being voiced by the folks we NEED to be able to trust. The fringe won't listen to anything but their circular references and links. There really ARE reasonable folks who pay attention and seek good info. So far, some of the info has been confusing at best.
Old 24-10-2014, 10:26   #283
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

Quote:
Actually, he did follow protocol: NYC Doctor Craig Spencer Followed Proper Protocols After Returning From Ebola-Stricken West Africa - Forbes

Mr. Neuman,
I am not one of those fanatics, nor do I think you bury your head in the sand. I do not usually speak up for monkey, as he can say things just as fast as anyone here. I did however, speak up and say the virus can be transmitted via the air in droplets.
The evidence is as follows: Primates with Ebola were placed in the same room as uninfected primates (in Lab conditions) All the primates were eventually infected. This was from my medical briefing in Ebola. That said, there is no evidence that I am aware of that Ebola has spread via the air in real world conditions. But-
The current HazMat gowns and hoods and respirators worn by individuals taking care of these patients is the standard of care for Respiratory transmitted illnesses. As far as the CDC is concerned:
Your actions are drowning out your words!

We may now return to hyperbole and counterpoint.
Old 24-10-2014, 10:39   #284
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Beth View Post
Mr. Neuman,
I am not one of those fanatics, nor do I think you bury your head in the sand. I do not usually speak up for monkey, as he can say things just as fast as anyone here. I did however, speak up and say the virus can be transmitted via the air in droplets.
The evidence is as follows: Primates with Ebola were placed in the same room as uninfected primates (in Lab conditions) All the primates were eventually infected. This was from my medical briefing in Ebola. That said, there is no evidence that I am aware of that Ebola has spread via the air in real world conditions. But-
The current HazMat gowns and hoods and respirators worn by individuals taking care of these patients is the standard of care for Respiratory transmitted illnesses. As far as the CDC is concerned:
Your actions are drowning out your words!

We may now return to hyperbole and counterpoint.
If you're not convinced by the science, just use your common sense: No one cooped up in the same apartment as Duncan for days contracted Ebola. No one on the plane with Amber Vinson got Ebola. And, no one on the subway in NYC will get it from Dr. Spencer, either Ergo a) all these "trace contacts" are incredibly lucky or b) it is not transmitted through the air.

The CDC protocols are designed to protect health care workers, who are handling bodily fluids.
Old 24-10-2014, 10:44   #285

The challenge here is to determine what the difference between the medical term "airborne infectious" and the ability to transmit thru the air via the droplets you mention.

It may just be semantics or there may be a clear difference. All who are knowledgeable a adamant - Ebola is not a disease that can be airborne transmitted. It can, however, get into the lungs thru droplets.

For laymen such as myself that seems a distinction without a distinction. A reason why so many folks are questioning what they are being told by the experts.

Historically, Bubonic Plague was not an airborne disease but I suspect folks could have become ill by inhaling droplets from an ill person nearby. When the disease mutated into Pneumonic Plague its virulence and capacity for rapid transmission exploded - the black death followed.
Closed Thread

Tags
Spain, spain