Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 23-09-2010, 17:05   #1441

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl
Back to Basics

The common denominator in all your relationships is your own self. So if you can recognize a pattern, it's time to look at yourself and work on changing you. Not the easiest thing to accomplish. You've got to really want the change.

@ Saltmonkey - Not that we don't cherish and enjoy your company but If you aren't really looking for a Soul Mate why your pressance here then. You are "that Dude" the women are talking about! The one that always has one foot on the boat and the other on the dock. Just my opinion and observation.
Old 23-09-2010, 17:48   #1442

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child
There you go little monkey, turn the darn light on, she's probably standing right in front of you!

Thomas
Old 24-09-2010, 21:19   #1443

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
BIG NEWS!!!!

Gadagirl has agreed to become the next Moderator for our Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates group!!!! Wahooo. Please give her a big welcome. Gadagirl has always impressed me with her insightfulness and positive attitude, I think she is perfect for this! I painted a nice rosy picture of you all so BE GOOD

I will still be here reading your funny and insightful posts and putting in my 2cents.

I think it would be a good idea for the moderator to hand over the reins after a year or so, this will keep the group "young" and have new and fresh ideas coming in.

Cheers,
Erika
Old 25-09-2010, 03:32   #1444

First off, Thank you Erika for starting this this group. I appreciate your compliments but think it a little daunting stepping into your shoes. I will try to do my best.*

To all the SSSSM Group.......let's continue to have fun on this adventure.*

Old 25-09-2010, 07:42   #1445
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Heh . . . I know the YouTube link is there for the lyrics of the song, but I had to smile when I looked at the picture. "Beetles" should be Beatles and Paul McCartney (bassist) is actually left-handed. It's funny that someone who would put that up on YouTube couldn't find an authentic photo of the Beatles from the time of "All You Need Is Love." (Mid-'67) Nice to hear the song again, though . . . Thanks, Gadagirl.

Old 25-09-2010, 08:03   #1446
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
So you think we (still?) need a babysitter ... er, monitor, Erika?! I too thank you for this group. And good luck with Mr. Right!

Welcome to herding cats, Gadagirl!

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 25-09-2010, 11:00   #1447
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
so, mommy left us in the grocery store and auntie gaddy picked us up..lol--pooor gurlee.. hay gadagirl--- wow---- awesome of ye , brave soul...

lol--herding kats is easy if ye have maine coons--they are goood-- train easily!! the mixes are best--they look like bubby! train em all to come to whistle, as bubby does, then just whistle!!! easier than training men,,LOL!!!!

Old 25-09-2010, 12:49   #1448

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post
So you think we (still?) need a babysitter ... er, monitor, Erika?! I too thank you for this group. And good luck with Mr. Right!

Welcome to herding cats, Gadagirl!

Margo
Babysitter? no not babysitter but more of a a.. uh actually yes babysitter You all have always amazed me with how unique and beautiful each and everyone of your are, even the crusty old guys here are amazing!(you know who you are). I hope this group in some way has helped you with your journey of finding a mate. Surely sooner or later we will have a SSSSM wedding!! Ah a gal can dream can't she.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
so, mommy left us in the grocery store and auntie gaddy picked us up..lol--pooor gurlee.. hay gadagirl--- wow---- awesome of ye , brave soul...

lol--herding kats is easy if ye have maine coons--they are goood-- train easily!! the mixes are best--they look like bubby! train em all to come to whistle, as bubby does, then just whistle!!! easier than training men,,LOL!!!!

You are too funny Z

In honor of Gadagirl who loves Dave Mathews Band and her willingness to herd cats, a song about Love.

Cheers,
Erika
Old 25-09-2010, 14:18   #1449

aaaaaaaah, but , erika, you KNOW i am right!!! it IS easier to herd kats than train men!!!!
good song.
Old 25-09-2010, 15:01   #1450

No comment on the training of men....nope, I aint touchin that

of course, I like the way men put their own spin on things, makes life very interesting

Old 25-09-2010, 15:38   #1451

lol erika---is fun to watch testosterone on the run!!!
by training, i am figurative, not literal...
with cats training is literal....
love the shopping cart!-kinda says it all--- but they wanna bring it into the house!!!! i mean, is ok to put the harley in the kitchen, but i dont know where the shopping cart will fit.....
Old 26-09-2010, 18:35   #1452

Boat: Tartan 34C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
even the crusty old guys here are amazing!(you know who you are.
Ouch, baby.

John
Old 26-09-2010, 18:49   #1453

Erika - Thank you that is one of my favorite Dave songs

Zee - No one's abandoning you. The children need to learn to fly. Your Mama and Auntie are never too far away to offer guidance, help, and friendship

Tao Jones - Correct. I was just after the song and lyrics. I really should pay closer attention to the details. There's just all these choices on you-tube and I was in a hurry so I picked one. LOL I think that's how I came to pick my Ex back when I was in my 20's. Lesson
learned.

As to Erika's question........In years past, yes being single always seemed to be like trying to explain a defect. Like living on the Island of misfit toys. Not so now. I am just enjoying life, and every day, the best that I can. My life is more than just fun. It's rich and beautiful. I have to pinch myself some days and thank my lucky stars. I'd gladly share it with the right man but I don't dwell upon it. I just go outside, play, enjoy and do. I'll try to inspire all of you to do the same.

Really, go outside and play. "If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there."
Old 26-09-2010, 19:09   #1454

Boat: Tartan 34C
So, I spend a few days trying to fix/improve the boat, and you guys solve cancer AND world peace, but are still hung up on the ol' he/she thing. Let me see if I can move the discussion.....

I meet 20 gals and with each one - I think, "she nice/cute/whatevs".

4 don't think that about me, no chemistry.

And another 4, I feel that way about them after one date.

3 think I'm a great guy, but not their type.

And another 3, I feel that way about them (great gals, that is).

2 want to get to know me until they get to know me.

And another 2, I feel that way about them.

1 sees it all and likes it all

And I feel that way about her. She gets out in 6 - 8 with good behavior.

And #20 never called me back.

In the past year, I have dated about (?) a dozen women. Some never got going (the relationship, that is), some of them backed off, and a few I backed off. I met one gal I could really fall for, but she's 1200 miles away, and doesn't want to put in the effort to build a long-distance relationship, given the slight odds of success. Me, I'm a true believer, and have had a tough time turning away from something that really strikes a chord. Haven't been on a date in 4 months, been focused on the boat to break the addiction.

There is plenty wrong with me, which is to say, I have at least my share of flaws. But I'm not broken in ways that can't be fixed. As fall approaches, I might start spending a few weekends in town. Maybe lightning will strike, maybe not.

John
Old 26-09-2010, 19:29   #1455

i will hopefully be sailing--once the chainplates and packing gland are replaced and the whatever isnt gonna break cause i wont let it is done and fixed....guadalupe island and then wherever i wanna go . southward and eastward--to caribean ultimately. i figger if i am gonna have anyone with me , he will fall into the boat out there---LOL.. stranger things have happened...but then mebbe i am spozed to sail solo--- is all goood..

i havent dated in years--i see no reason for that torture-- i will sail or do daytime stuff with folks. will see what life has to offer and what is out there..see if i can relate or even deal with having to sort thru all the ..eeww .. many men are not as they seem or say ...DUH..lol....the mix is a scary one.
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate