Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 23:34   #1201
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts66 View Post
Hook up? Naaaaa I don't date folks who don't shave their legs and pits and who can pee standing up. Sorry. I know that may make me seem prejudice to some here, but I am the way I am, pure hetero. Folks who swing the other way are fine by me to, it's just not for me.

Little Monkey, I've worn berets, that time has passed, Greek Fisherman's caps suit me just fine now. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Thomas
who you talking about--i hope is self-oriented!!! LOL!!
i am female and have been all my life! is too bad you brought that attitude here--this is a NICE place. LOL

is ok, smb, i can probably outsail him, anyway--he is definitely NOT my type--i prefer gentlemen
Old 04-09-2010, 00:51   #1202

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child
What attitude? I'm always polite! I've never been a racer, maybe you can out sail me, you're certainly welcome to try. ;-) Besides that my Momma never abandoned me in no supermarket. It was on the steps of the church I think. So there!

Krassamire: If you have something folks need to know, you should be posting it here. Your post seems a bit to me to be fishing for email addy's ya' know? Zeehag will now tell me I'm rude for saying that no doubt, but I did anyway, even if it earns me her ire and she becomes even more determined to beat me.

Regards anyway.

Thomas
Old 04-09-2010, 01:19   #1203

i dont race either..was just making a statement. you need an earring or something with that hat, mebbe....
what flavor boat is your new one?? havent followed that much as i have been repairing mine--a formosa isnt gonna out speed anything, but ye gotta sail to sail it....
Old 04-09-2010, 02:28   #1204

An ear ring? ya' think? Never thought about that. Is that what a guy has to do these days to find a good woman? Wear an ear ring?

It's steel of course, Bruce Roberts designed, 3/4 keel. Heavy, well built, go anywhere kinda boat, cutter rigged. It needs paint, a good cleaning and some TLC. Hope to move it up here late next week, wanna crew for me?

Regards,

Thomas
Old 04-09-2010, 06:16   #1205

Boat: 82 Present, 13 ft dinghy
Margo said, "Any singles on the SE coast want to get together? I know cute Monkey and Feral are around here somewhere. Anyone else?"

Uggg, That would be me, Da Mule, 'Ol Hobart in St Pete. However I am kindda landlocked right now. My first mate mutinied so my trawler is on the hard getting a bow thruster so I can single hand. Boat will be on the hard for 2 or three weeks, the more into hurricane season the better, less exposure.

Hobart
Old 04-09-2010, 09:05   #1206

sounds like a good boat. glad you found her. i am looking for crew for my formosa for leaving in december--trying to get to warm water--i am not able to manage in cold anymore-getting too old for blood to flow. no i am not that old--still 19 in my brain.

my crew i sailed with seems not to be able to do this trip as he has many obligations on land in another part of this country.

i am not looking for a crew position i am looking for a partner i can sail with and be with and have fun sailing with even when the conditions arent fun. thought i found that but , as usual, i seem to have picked the wrong one. so i will ready my boat and sail solo if i need--i have simrad on my quadrant--i have a comfy sofa at the helm and i only need the egg timer. i also have tethers and i have everything i need except the critters inflatables for the kat. he sails with me. even keeps watch , but doesnt steer well-- the simrad should help that.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:30   #1207

When I started down this path I had no idea finding crew would be such an arduous undertaking. I can see how it could easily consume a great deal of time, time I'd rather spend working on the boat. I'm now of the mindset that if crew stumbles upon me, they will be treated to the trip of a life time. If they don't find me, that's ok too. I know how to do it by myself and while it's not my first choice, it's acceptable to me. The bottom line is leaving. Cutting those ties to shore and see just where the wind does in fact blow. I think for most, that is a very frightening prospect, so frightening they do not take that final step. That's ok though, not everyone was meant to, nor should they. I have in the past and I will again. The sea beckons me like no other. I don't know why, words can not begin to describe the peace I feel inside when land disappears and I'm surrounded by nothing but water. I yearn for that, I guess I need it. Fair winds to all. Reef early, sail far.

Regards,

Thomas
Old 04-09-2010, 11:41   #1208

Quote:
When I started down this path I had no idea finding crew would be such an arduous undertaking. I can see how it could easily consume a great deal of time, time I'd rather spend working on the boat. I'm now of the mindset that if crew stumbles upon me, they will be treated to the trip of a life time. If they don't find me, that's ok too. I know how to do it by myself and while it's not my first choice, it's acceptable to me. The bottom line is leaving. Cutting those ties to shore and see just where the wind does in fact blow. I think for most, that is a very frightening prospect, so frightening they do not take that final step. That's ok though, not everyone was meant to, nor should they. I have in the past and I will again. The sea beckons me like no other. I don't know why, words can not begin to describe the peace I feel inside when land disappears and I'm surrounded by nothing but water. I yearn for that, I guess I need it. Fair winds to all. Reef early, sail far.

Regards,

Thomas
as the kids say...."word"

concur with above---i am having a disappointment issue--i am tired of being disappointed--so i dont let it happen anymore---i had a sailing partner i got along well with, and he has decided, it appears, that land obligations are far more important than are adventures with a partner and sharing any life....so i will head out and see what is out there for me. if someone else wishes to share, i is here. if not--so be it--i have experienced solo existence for long time..isnt anything new or different.
Old 04-09-2010, 15:40   #1209
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
can pee standing up.
Zeehag is a woman of many talents

Old 04-09-2010, 15:43   #1210
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
I've already cut my land ties and am out here "doing it". But it's even harder to find a companion with no land base. Moving target. So, if you don't really want to single-hand, you probably shouldn't leave 'til you have found the mate. They don't fall in your lap when moving from anchorage to anchorage! Haha!

I also think we're all finding this thread is not helping as much as we'd hoped. Other online venues are likely to be even less useful.

Anyone want to argue this? Or agree?

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 04-09-2010, 15:56   #1211
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Just remember, flysci...men are like flies. Just wave your coconuts around and they will land where you least expect.
Old 04-09-2010, 16:07   #1212

If Z can write her name with her pee while standing I would be ultimately impressed! It might also be a sight worth paying to see. LOL

I hear you Margo, but I don't have a solution easy or hard. Over all, I think you women have it much easier than us guys. Like little monkey says, flapping the coconuts around can get you some notice. However, if you're a guy, flapping things around only gets you arrested.

Regards,

Thomas
Old 04-09-2010, 16:25   #1213

i dont pee standing up --i am a lady.

waiting for the perfect sailmate is like waiting for the perfect man, as i wrote before....it dont happen...aint no suchuva thing..wait too long ye cant go...
Old 04-09-2010, 21:17   #1214
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
Just remember, flysci...men are like flies.
You mean dirty annoying insects?

Quote:
Just wave your coconuts around and they will land where you least expect.
I can see that. I guess my reluctance to wave those coconuts is getting in my way! Haha ... if only it were that simple.

And, in case you don't know women notice men's ... er, papayas? too. Just that for us that's not enough.

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 04-09-2010, 21:23   #1215

Fashion states being what they are, I would think it much harder to get a view on a man, ya' know....... Hey!! Wait a minute. I thought size didn't matter! What's going on here?

Regards,

Thomas

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate