Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 16:47   #871
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
hear hear, David! Indeed! (clap clap)
Old 06-08-2010, 16:59   #872

Send a message via AIM to iwsteel
hang em high

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
I feel so....special

dont worry Salty i'll throw my Bowie and cut you down in the nick of time.....providing you with the auto-erotic fix of a lifetime.
Old 06-08-2010, 17:02   #873

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxuxx View Post
The name of this group is: Single Sailors Looking for Soul Mate......
NO lynching of salty!

SSSSM :
It is having the dream but not someone to share it with. Its a lonely business not fullfilling ones dreams, and sailing (cruising) to many is a dream. Having a mate to share sailing with, well that is as close to a great life as I think one can get.
Many of us have already gone down the landlubber mate road, this group is about finding a sailing mate. dagnabbit, I have more to say but I am losing daylight and gotta get the boat project done.
Cheers, great conversation (up to the lynching talk)
Erika

Lets keep it nice (wince) please.
Old 06-08-2010, 17:02   #874
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
No lynching, please! Of course Salty's "requirements" fit in - as do yours Jersey. Speaking only for myself, I needed a mirror held up to my own assumptions about this group.

Truth is, I don't fit in either if it comes to that. I don't believe in the soul or in soul mates, and at my time of life I'm not looking for a forever commitment. I take my life a day at a time, and expect to do the same thing with any relationship I might have.

But right now I want to be cruising, and living aboard, so where better to hang my help wanted sign than here!

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 06-08-2010, 17:08   #875

Boat: 45'=not anymore
Send a message via Skype™ to xxuxx
Salty????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
I feel so....special
The accused always feels special right before the Lynching....it's just normal. By the way ole pal....can I have your boat?????????????
Old 06-08-2010, 17:09   #876
cruiser

Thats right flysci, and we want you here. We want you to find that someone, and what better way than finding those dreams than by reflecting and learning from other peoples dreams as well - whatever their path and definition of the dream that has been given to them is?
Old 06-08-2010, 17:09   #877
cruiser

Quote:
The accused always feels special right before the Lynching....it's just normal. By the way ole pal....can I have your boat?????????????
I dont have a boat and IM GOING INSANE NOT HAVING ONE AND BEING TRAPPED IN THIS APARTMENT WORKING AT HOME SAVING FOR IT ARRG!!
Old 06-08-2010, 17:29   #878

OK...on to more serious stuff

The great XXUXX (pronouced zooks) is available for a relationship, boat or crew. Bidding starts at a 30 footer......
Old 06-08-2010, 17:36   #879
cruiser

what about said Boat: 45' center cockpit Location: Hampton, VA you sly zookie?
Old 06-08-2010, 17:40   #880

45' boat??

Yeah, I better take that off ....it was my ex's. He said it was ours til he decided it wasn't. LOL
Old 06-08-2010, 17:41   #881
cruiser

Well that was a cheapo loser wasn't he?
Old 06-08-2010, 17:48   #882

Send a message via AIM to iwsteel
Quote:
Yeah, I better take that off ....it was my ex's. He said it was ours til he decided it wasn't. LOL
Yeah funny how it goes from Yours Mine and Ours.....To Mine Mine All Mine

bummer
Old 06-08-2010, 17:49   #883

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter
Quote:
The great XXUXX (pronouced zooks) is available for a relationship, boat or crew. Bidding starts at a 30 footer......
Well, xxuxx, I take you are a youngster. That's forgivable. After all, it's not your fault. However, as a matter of policy, I've never bought a galley slave without seeing a picture first. In fact, I would think that anyone even halfway serious about forming a soul or sailing bond on ssssm would have a recent photo or two in their profile, no? After all, as someone's sig on CF says, "better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you ain't..." or some such.
Old 06-08-2010, 18:07   #884

Boat: I have been from 8' sabot to a 65' Ketch. I am over the Norsea 27 and looking for 50'+
Hey guys! I was approved a year ago, but then got busy selling things and moving back to SoCal from SoFla. I am 44yo male, 6'1", average body, curly light brown hair and blue eyes.

My father bought me a sabot for my 10th birthday and that is when the bug bit me. I went to a Laser and then at 17 I sold my GTI and bought an Ericson 23 and a Moped. Mom didn't like the moped idea, so they bought me another car. When I start college (only 20 miles away) my parents offered to rent me an apartment. I took the money and took over a Mariner 40 Ketch (woody) and liveaboard. Since then I have had more than a few boats and a few houses. I lost my Mull 40' in Wilma when a 118' Charter Barge broke free and squashed my boat (luckly I was not aboard). I moved to a house and bought a Santa Cruz 27' to sail (need that fix) and sold her in 2009. I moved back to Huntington Beach, CA (where I am from) and now have mom living with me. My father has Alzheimers ( in a home now)and i am his guardian and I am taking care of mom. Currently looking for a small cruiser, more than likely a Nor'Sea 27. Not to liveaboard, but to escape for 2-7 days in the Channel Islands. It is great to be out of the SoFla Heat, but do miss some great friends.

I have never been married, although I have been engaged more than a few times, but they never got the sailing thing. Looking for a LTR with someone that wants to go sailing for more than a few years and see and experience life.

I live 3 blocks from the Beach, about a 10min walk to the Huntington Beach Pier (I have to live at least close to the water). When I am old and grey i would like to build a house on the Big island, where I once lived and visit often.

Stephen
Old 06-08-2010, 18:12   #885
cruiser

Well speakeasy, did you click on her profile and see her pic?
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate