Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 22-01-2010, 01:49   #256
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post
Cangrats OceanGirl! You deserve the best.

I'm still hopeful, but this "soulmate" thing is starting to seem impossible.

At this point, I'd settle for a 'friend' who could be a co-crew! Going it alone on a boat is hard work, and less fun when there's no one to bounce ideas off, and think out loud to when facing a difficult decision.

So, where's the thread for those "Single Sailors Seeking Company Aboard"?

All you crusty old hermits out there: I think you'd find me easy to live with. I'm not girlie, but am very sexy (). Don't like to talk much, but will listen. Have a nice boat with room for you.

C'mon, let's share the work
Hi Friend! Im in S. Fl for the winter and I posted something to your Soul mate page many moons ago-but never herd back from you! good to see your still paddling!
Old 22-01-2010, 09:51   #257
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Sorry Ram,

Ever since I moved aboard my wifi has been spotty. Led me to lose other messages too. Now that I'll be here in Marathon for a month, I've signed up (paid - yikes) for a service, so now I'm trying to catch up.

Actually the only paddling I've done lately is in my dinghy. Frustrating that - I can only see where I've been!

Cheers,
Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 06-02-2010, 05:55   #258

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Quick update: We are up to 77 members

Welcome new members - jjones1349, hummingway, boatman61, surfershane, doug86, and Lianne Morten. Sorry if I have forgotten someone!
I was looking through our members list trying to remember who our new members are and it never ceases to amaze me what an interesting and unique group we have here. So many fascinating, funny, beautiful, and adventurous sailors here. I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day.
Hugs,
Erika

P.S.
I would be great to hear from you all. Anyone want to drop a line here at the singles thread telling us how things are going?
Old 06-02-2010, 06:27   #259

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Awww Erica
You sound rather happy.
I hope your news is good?
Old 06-02-2010, 06:55   #260

Another new member, welcome Highseas I hope you dig your way out (see Highseas photos) kinda makes ya want to sail south.

Anjou, I am happy but that is my nature, I am one of those odd people that smile all the time see I told ya.

As far as soul mate it is still a question mark, sigh. This soul mate business is unexplored territory with lousy outdated charts! but on the up side, that is the exact description of a great adventure.
Hugs and kisses (hey Valentine's day is comin!),
Erika
Old 06-02-2010, 09:07   #261

Boat: Marine Trader 40' Sedan Trawler, 1978. WATER TORTURE
still single, still sailing (trawlering). Cheap rum, water waters and long sunsets. All is good out here in Exumas.
Doug
ps: keep your fingers out of the windless!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:11   #262
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle
I'm enjoying being on my own but there are times I miss being able to share life's little discoveries with someone who can be excited about them as though they were their own and share theirs with me in turn, someone to hold during the quiet moments and to consult with during the busy ones. I'm not sure what a soul mate is. My last relationship failed because in the end we didn't share the same level of aspiration and willingness to accept uncertainy in our lives. I believe that is important in a lifes partnership but not always easily discerned. I can be good friends with someone that I couldn't live with but it seems being good friends is a part of it. It's been many years since I was married. I was infatuated with my wife but we weren't good at communicating out inner thoughts, of being vulnerable with each other so we could understand each others behavior. I don't think love has to hit like a hammer, it's been my experience that it can grow but the trust to allow it has to be there. So how do know when you've found your soulmate?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:04   #263
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
LOL
how do you know when you have found a friend--lol--friends turn into soulmates as often as do strangers---LOL---gooodluck---have fun looking--i run away from home to go sailing with friends--having a great time--i leave on tue for louseyanny for another trip with same friend i sailed with last time..LOL...
there arent many people who get along with other hard headed and obnoxiously different kinds of people--as are sailors--lol-----dont i know!!! i learned from my uncle--there are people with whom things just click--but it all has to be maintained--isnt maintenance free by any means, is it!!??
i spend so much time working on my relationship with my boat i wish folks could be maint free...LOL...guys just donot understand......btw--i gave up on looking--i just sail and have friends--lol---mebbe that will work ...sailing is awesome and only way to go anywhere LOL....
Old 06-02-2010, 12:18   #264

Boat: Marine Trader 40' Sedan Trawler, 1978. WATER TORTURE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
LOL
.btw--i gave up on looking--i just sail and have friends--.
Curious though - what use is the black lace bra if you've given up on men?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:44   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug86 View Post
Curious though - what use is the black lace bra if you've given up on men?
didnt say i gave up on men--i am not actively seeking a relationship with any---lol--i am married to my formosa at present--lots of work to do and most men dislike "project boats" LOL --- i sail with folks who accept my kat--he doesnt go to katsitter for 6 mos at a time--lol..and i sail..lol...when i am home i fix my boat .....
besides-my boat is larger and slower than those of most of the males seeking..... i run across...LOL...they donot sail the same way i do....doesnt work over long term if trying to cruise...i run across more possibilities for sail partners when i am out sailing than i do "on the beach" as it were....LOL......besides, ladies wear that which they like and enjoy wearing....LOL.....mebbe i just enjoy wearing stuff with lace and pretty stuff on it -LOL--i purrty much do as i like--LOL..

ps--like the name of yer boat...lol......
Old 06-02-2010, 14:38   #266

Zeehag, great post, very insightful.

Hummingway, that is the million dollar question! Maybe it is when there are no more question marks..? does that make sense?

Cheers,
Erika
Old 06-02-2010, 16:24   #267

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter
Quote:
LOL
how do you know when you have found a friend--lol--friends turn into soulmates as often as do strangers---LOL---gooodluck---have fun looking--i run away from home to go sailing with friends--having a great time--i leave on tue for louseyanny for another trip with same friend i sailed with last time..LOL...
there arent many people who get along with other hard headed and obnoxiously different kinds of people--as are sailors--lol-----dont i know!!! i learned from my uncle--there are people with whom things just click--but it all has to be maintained--isnt maintenance free by any means, is it!!??
i spend so much time working on my relationship with my boat i wish folks could be maint free...LOL...guys just donot understand......btw--i gave up on looking--i just sail and have friends--lol---mebbe that will work ...sailing is awesome and only way to go anywhere LOL....
My kind of Dame. You have it right I think. Do what you love to do and you will meet folks who love doing what you do. Flirt with everyone available and interesting. It's amusing that young folks have classes I've noticed, on how to flirt.

The rub is often availability. I met an awesome woman in Santa Fe, out on the lake sailing with an old friend of mine, and she decides to come along and is direct and lovely. Unfortunately, I was not available then. Availability, as you will know, isn't just whether one is in a relationship or not, but has to also do with one's emotional ability to engage. Fair winds, Zeehag. Hope to meet you out there one of these days.
Old 06-02-2010, 19:15   #268

speakeasy--we just may--i will be takingmy formosa outof its moorage and going south as soon as possible--then thru to the other side of the earth where islands arent so blessed far apart lol..and there are more of them--and the water under hull is WARM!!!!! LOL.....is a very small world on the water--many donot yet know this and act very arrogant on their way --until they , too realize the diminished size of this world...lol..really arent many of us reallly cruising--most go out and come back--my goal is to not come back...lol...stay out sailing.......find new places to see and experience....donot know how far i will get....LOL
Old 06-02-2010, 19:41   #269
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
speakeasy--we just may--i will be takingmy formosa outof its moorage and going south as soon as possible--then thru to the other side of the earth where islands arent so blessed far apart lol..and there are more of them--and the water under hull is WARM!!!!! LOL.....is a very small world on the water--many donot yet know this and act very arrogant on their way --until they , too realize the diminished size of this world...lol..really arent many of us reallly cruising--most go out and come back--my goal is to not come back...lol...stay out sailing.......find new places to see and experience....donot know how far i will get....LOL
As far as you want to go gal.....Lmao....

It was a dark and stormy night and the captain of the ship said.. "Hey Jim, spin us a yarn." and the yarn began like this.. "It was a dark and stormy night.."
Old 06-02-2010, 20:04   #270

Location: Currently in South Haven Mi hopping to soon be in a warmer climite.
Boat: 17ft runabout my boat 2
Send a message via Yahoo to gunslinger9729
Hi all. Still not sure about finding a human soulmate but I am sure I found my boat soulmate. I just got the deal done on my next livabord 32 ft Columbia so I will be seeing more of you out in the world. Maybe even you Zeehag with your lace bra. If I get down there Erika I will invite you over for coffie but I am supposed to pick up the boat in Wa so I dont know when I might get to Tx now. I am very happy that I found one of the pieces of my new life and so for now I will be happy with that. See you all soon G.
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate