Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 22-09-2010, 09:46   #1411

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child
I hear you and come December I might need to escape the ubr wet Astoria winter for a while if ye gots the room fer the likes of me!

The yard finally brought a charger over, so my batteries are getting a long over due feeding. I think they are happier now. I've also discovered the yard has a shower they will let you use if you ask nice enough. After lo these many days I'm prepared to get on my knees asking nicely....just as long as a bj isn't expected. A certain hot babe who might read this might understand that cryptic content. Other wise, I'm happy as a bug in a rug, or a barnacle on a wood hull...or something like that.

Gotta run and fetch the new oil cleaner, fill up the oil pan and I'll be good to go....if the engine sees fit to cooperate.

Regards,

Thomas
Old 22-09-2010, 09:53   #1412
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Jeez Y66 i was wondering what happened to you. Yes sitting on a boat is not wasted time. There is an acclimation period before the bust out of the tide, and people sometime forget too do this. You find quirks and your instincts and awareness is heightened. Seriously, its also good to set aside up to a week quarantine period before leaving. Worse thing is to get a major flu only to leave and find out in 3 days. I've seen this happen 2x - once needing rescue and evac; once needing assistance.

French press - only way to make good coffee.
Old 22-09-2010, 09:59   #1413

Boat: Tartan 34C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts66 View Post
......chatted with a hot sailin' babe.....

a bit of a bonding process between me and my girl. The more I sleep with her, the more I'm liking her.
Ya might not want to post that here - they might find out about each other.

John
Old 22-09-2010, 10:04   #1414

Thanks for the tip John, but in this case I'm pretty sure this girl would be quite happy for me to bring another girl on board. Really.

Thomas
Old 22-09-2010, 10:14   #1415
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
The flu isn't the only disease to look out for in a quaran-teen
Old 22-09-2010, 10:31   #1416

Speaking from experience there heh little monkey? ;-)

Thomas
Old 22-09-2010, 10:40   #1417
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
LOL..no flu on my boat.
i am sure thomas's girl would enjoy another female around...
i LIKE my filter cone thingie --i WILL fine another to augment and make more than one cup at a time..
i dont squeeze my coffee--just my men.and only in a nice huggy way.
i always have room for escapees.. more the better--need 2 on watch alladatime-is a heavy and quiet boat--hard to hear screams from one end to the other..so no falling overboard...mandatory 6' tethers while on watch--cant regain access from water...simrad on the quadrant autopilot.....radar, gps,weathwerfax,stuff.....
mazatlan here i come!!!!! hoooyaaahhhhh!!!!!!!
Old 22-09-2010, 10:56   #1418

Mazatlan? Are you sure about that? Nicer places further south me thinks. Just sayin'

Thomas
Old 22-09-2010, 11:13   #1419

was just because i have friends there but other spots are welcomed as alternative suggestions...was gonna bee-line to the yard in puerto escondido, but i think i dont have to after the repair to be effected in november....unless boat sinks....lol...gonna replace packing gland in water on a mooring ...LOL...adventures in pair a dice!!! yes i have LOTS of toilet seal wax...
was also thinking of manzanillo and other places-- depends on the bahias and protection for anchoring in this winter we have to endure yet...guadalupe island is on list....canal and caribean are ultimate goal for my boat and me....
Old 22-09-2010, 12:35   #1420

I'm on for the island, I've wanted to go there for years.

Have a friend who is in love with San Blas, they just rave about it, but I've never been there. I believe the further south you go the better it gets. Costa Rica and Panama have some premo cruising grounds.

Thomas
Old 22-09-2010, 12:38   #1421

my brane is always open for suggestions as to cruising and sailing grounds--as long as the water is warm and supplies are inexpensive i am game . some of the crew hasnt been inside sea of cortez as yet-- had even thought of some of that for a minuet..there may be too many folks cruising there , however....
Old 22-09-2010, 13:15   #1422

The Sea of Cortez has some interesting cruising grounds, but it gets colder in the dead of winter, so you're probably bet off further south then. April and May would be good, but of course you start approaching hurricane season. What do all you southern bells have against Alaska anyways? Ya know, ya' can dress for the cold but there comes a point when there's no more to take off and you're still hot!! Just sayin.

Thomas
Old 22-09-2010, 14:24   #1423

hot keeps my blood flowing-i have a collagen disease which affects the arterial blood flow-- so i am seeking comfort.. alaska is too cold.. sorry -- my brother and partner in crime most of our youth is in alaska.. is beautiful--i wish i could go there-- this thing also keeps me from scuba and diving and some fun stuff--i can sail and i can do other fun stuff-- but i NEED warm water-ty for the tip on the sea in winter---onward ever souf-ward!!
Old 22-09-2010, 14:47   #1424

Then plan on making a quick run through Mexico to points south. Costa Rica is very nice and in some ways Panama is better. If you're so inclined go through the ditch and spend a few years in the San Blas islands on the Caribbean side of Panama. Very, very nice place to hang and the water is warm.

My mechanic whom I"ve been waiting days for just canceled. How do you spell frustration?

Thomas
Old 22-09-2010, 14:51   #1425

am not in too much hurry to get thru the ditch--i have to save up for that yet.... blessings of continuous, constant, reliable, limited income..LOL....so all nice places with warm water could well be visited.....my (on this topic)virginal mined is wiling to pick up info.....
FRUSTRATION is spelled....AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!

now, what was it needed fixing??
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate