Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 12:28   #1021
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwsteel View Post
Z
My friend is in Manzanillo, Colima
He wants to scrub yer bottom...lol

i think manzanillo is on my list of places to go--has a nice bay--a cpt friend of mine cares for a boat there , also..ty
Old 15-08-2010, 15:45   #1022

Send a message via AIM to iwsteel
ding-a-ling

Old 15-08-2010, 16:30   #1023
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Scrub yer bottom ... !
Ding-a-ling ... !

Boy, I leave you guys alone for a few days and the whole conversation goes to h**l! Haha - what fun!

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 15-08-2010, 17:07   #1024

Send a message via AIM to iwsteel
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post
Scrub yer bottom ... !
Ding-a-ling ... !

Boy, I leave you guys alone for a few days and the whole conversation goes to h**l! Haha - what fun!

Margo
well spice it up!
Old 15-08-2010, 17:34   #1025

at least is about boats and boaters.........except the dingalingalingaling......
Old 15-08-2010, 17:45   #1026
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Do you mean add a few more double entendre? Sure those are easy. How 'bout...

I will pump your bilges? Plumb the depths? Raise the mast? Wink wink, nod nod, say no more!

I prefer trading needs/wants, and hearing how other sailors handle all this. Trying to get inspired and maintain hope.

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 15-08-2010, 18:03   #1027

lol .... those of us without our soulmate/solemait/sailmate---we will find one --one fitting our individual style, flair and personality--i know there are guys like this out there---i have met them...i just havent met mine yet.....same with everyone here--i watched friends of mine find their soulmates--is cool to see friends finding happiness....
so forgive me i am celebrating life this week-- a friend who found his soulmate 18 3/4 yrs ago just died aug 10--his soulmate called me and we cried together on the fone. personally, i expected the call a couple of yrs ago--he fought like a marine...
celebrate life and dont put off anything you can do now--despite not having money or a boat--go on other peoples boats and have fun--there will be a way to make things happen that you want to happen. my friend was going to have a business in mexico and all kinds of dreams that will never come to be because he waited way too long....
go--celebrate life and live it----i am going sailing in december--when are you guys leaving??? we can meet out there....dont put it off, if you want to sail--GO...have fun while you are still upright.

trading is a good thing...sharing is good....cooking for one is a drag..not to mention is also wasteful. .i trade my cooking for work on my boat--

steel, ty for the dingalingaling song--was a lift for my day....havent heard that one in years!!!!
Old 16-08-2010, 07:49   #1028
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
zeehag, nice note. Still think a rally is called for all of us
Old 16-08-2010, 11:43   #1029

Boat: 44 M/Y gulfstar
Hi. You can c my boat on mariners owners group seatrek 40 ft mariner. Oh and me and gg not a couple no more
Old 16-08-2010, 11:55   #1030

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Have you been taking tips from Monty Python?

A nods as good as wink

Quote:

I will pump your bilges? Plumb the depths? Raise the mast? Wink wink, nod nod, say no more!

I prefer trading needs/wants, and hearing how other sailors handle all this. Trying to get inspired and maintain hope.

Margo
Old 16-08-2010, 18:05   #1031

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl
Quote:

Margo
Go outside (the box) and play! Just have fun and enjoy your life, every day
!
Old 16-08-2010, 18:23   #1032

Boat: Tartan 34C
Double entendre?

Quote:

QUICK! Grab the tiller -- I getting blown off course!

Now that we're on a steady heading (drumroll/cymbal).......

.......how do you (male or female) propose to navigate gender differences for boat chores when so much of what the boat needs is 'guy work'? Zeehag alluded to this with the "will cook for repairs" idea. I am not suggesting that the women here are not capable of fixing their boats or pulling their weight. Just wondering if people see it as a source of friction, a non-issue, or a potential deal-breaker. Or maybe a source of strength and appreciation?

Z - Will mechanic for she-cooking, amongst other things.

John
Old 16-08-2010, 18:43   #1033

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl
I'd suggest that you change your perspective. It's work. Period. Now, I have a lot to learn but I'd be put out if I were excluded from anything. It might turn out that we each have separate strengths, but I can't see how that couldn't all be worked out.

Is this really a huge concern? Or just fodder for thought?
Old 16-08-2010, 19:09   #1034

Boat: Tartan 34C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
Is this really a huge concern? Or just fodder for thought?
That's why I tossed it out there, to see if anyone sees it as a positive, a negative, or a non-issue. Personally, I tend to agree with your POV - everything we do together is good, for us, the boat, the journey, etc.

Still, some people are territorial about their tasks and skills. Some folks have a hard time sharing the boat, let alone the thousand maintenance jobs. Others want to learn - about injectors or bilge pumps or thru-hulls, AND want to learn about how they interact with a potential SO while learning and doing.

John
Old 16-08-2010, 20:28   #1035

i used to be able to do wrench work--now i just am able to grab wrench and have it fly out of my hands..usually onto the water....cant afford that too often..my hand strength is nil and that isnt conducive to doing much wrench work or work with hands. big negative point on my part--no thumb strength due to working as a rn in intensive care and emergency rooms and post anesthesia rooms for over 30 yrs.--so i have to barter goods and services for work on my boat--sometimes i even have money for repairs!!!! wow !!!

i love cooking, and men usually dont--so i dont mind bartering home cooking for work!!! john--ye serious??!! i am always open for having work done--after all, i own a formosa41!!!!! they are always needing work! but ye are sooo far away!!!!

i believe salltymonkey said we should have a rondayvooooz.....i like the idea---when i get the canal is a good time? or should we meet in some other place?/ most of us are in east coast??/

how many of us are on left coast??

the best way to find out about someone is to work with them in a closed place--and sail with them in a small space for a long time...lol...kill em or cure em, ye think??!!!! if they survive that, then they should be ok ...

in all seriosity, the trip i took last year--a near year of gulf cruising--there wasnt any debate over who does what----worked out well...wasnt my boat but the galley was mine before the end of the first hour.
i have no problem sharing work on a boat..is easy to share it--is difficult to try to do it all yourself.--isnt that why we want our soulmate?? so we have company and empathy and cuddles and sex and serious arguments about where we are supposedly going and alladat>>.???and the making up part...lol...mmmmm.....
sharing work isnt the entirety of our seeking partnership, is it!
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate