Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 11:57   #916
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Ok that makes total sense to me! I'm all for that
Old 07-08-2010, 11:58   #917

Send a message via AIM to iwsteel
Salty u sound like my x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
self reliant ahh ptui *

Did you build everything on your boat? Did you forge the winches and sew all the sail? Did you flintknap your knifes and forks?

Illusions...all romanticizes illusions...
After i was done building her Castle....Yeah Pretty Much Myself.
We were admiring it one day.....And of course i got a little Boastfull.
and said....i made it.... i made it all. She got all mad and said "You didnt make the rocks"......i shoulda threw one at her.....lol
Old 07-08-2010, 12:01   #918
cruiser

My point is you still need people and help (although typically with SaltyMonkey dramatics)
Old 07-08-2010, 12:06   #919

Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
erika--palapa on the beach in la paz..i see ye next to me, eh?..lol...

salty--there is a crab shack across the bay from me, but by the time ye get to me, i will be in mexico where lunch is cheaper so ..... if you time this for after my haul out in puerto escondido , whenever, we can go sailing for a minuet.

i have no yardarms nor planks.....yet.
Zee
I have a friend who lives on the mainland at the mouth of the Sea of Cortez.
I was planning on taking my boat there and learning to sail in the Sea of Cortez. If ya get down that way i'm sure he would love a ride. He'd prolly even by a bottle of Capt Morgan or 2.

Hes really hot n looks just like Fabio with long flowing hair and says he had a dream of sailing my boat as the Captain on the Great Barrier Reef
(not really but i do hope ya find him)
Old 07-08-2010, 12:19   #920

Landing a Keeper

I'm pretty sure i'm gonna have to get a Fabio Wig.... And Only Take it off After i Sleep with her....lol

Imagine the Shock...lol
Old 07-08-2010, 15:50   #921

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
erika--palapa on the beach in la paz..i see ye next to me, eh?..lol...

me and Z...
Old 07-08-2010, 19:17   #922

Boat: Tartan 34C
Call the relationship cops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post
I think maybe 'self reliant' may have a different meaning, or resonance, for women. Traditionally we have relied on men for so many things. So it feels like freedom.

We are then free to want men around without needing men just to get by. Want them for what only men can do! Heehee.

Margo
OK, we have the confession in writing! After a short trial, she'll be doin' time on the "Uses Companions" rap.

(Margo - I trust you know I'm kidding.)

Have you ever been in a relationship where they each do what they're good at so that together they can be the best possible couple? Synergy is a beautiful thing.

I am constantly amazed by the number of women who say they are looking for a committed relationship, then in the same breath talk about the limits they will put on their emotional investment. When I ask, "How's that workin' for ya?", the answer is always the same - "still looking."

Love like you've never been hurt.

John
Old 07-08-2010, 19:21   #923
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Cement View Post

John
wow...where'd you find that quote?
Old 07-08-2010, 19:35   #924
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
only problem is --if ye dont love like ye never been hurt ye get no where in life--

gooood cartoon!! i am still laughing.....

being self reliant anymore doesnt mean having to make everything by self, but is more geared as stated above..back when i could hold tools without losing them or killing anyone as they fly out of my hands, i used to repair my own cars. wasnt hard. i have had to rely on myself---

now steelboy---throwing rocks is a bad thing--would have compounded what she did to you...gotta leave that junk and its trunk behind...

"We are then free to want men around without needing men just to get by. Want them for what only men can do! Heehee."
totally!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 19:51   #925
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
btw--salty--fabio hair isnt all is cracked up to being---just spawns bad attitudes and narcissism
Old 07-08-2010, 21:10   #926

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Quote:

John

Love like you've never been hurt is the ONLY way to love.
Erika
Old 07-08-2010, 22:38   #927

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter
The Catachism of the Church of SSSSM

Quote:
catechism (kăt`əkĭzəm) [Gr.,=oral instruction], originally oral instruction in religion, later written instruction. Catechisms are usually written in the form of questions and answers. Almost as old as Christianity, they were used especially for the instruction of converts and children.
Honesty, sincerity, energy, libido, kindness, self-awareness, with an ability to suspend their woundedness and love like they've never been hurt or disappointed. Amen!

The search for the magic formula or elixer goes on for all of us who still have the temerity to dream of a perfect union. I took that to be a goal of the USA in my younger days, when I adopted patriotism to replace the religion I'd rejected as facile and for simple"s people like my relatives and social group.

What has been lost is what the Frogs refer to when they say, "Vive le difference!" Pat Benatar sang "Love is a battlefield", but it seems to me that strategy is no longer taught in our catechisms for the young. The strategy of how to deal with (please, handle, interest, dissuade, encourage, build up, bring up short, etc., etc.) the enemy, the object of our desire is left to pop singers. Playing the strengths and weakness of girls, of boys, of men and of women to get what you want and create something of value.

Since biologically men want something rather different than women the catachism that teaches the dance steps to both sexes is now lost, buried in some moldy books that Scamazon doesn't yet sell, through it's diligent pursuit of the fat tail holy grail that young corporate execs use to justify new economy and the future.

Ladies, men are very simple. They're just like the boys they used to be with a lot of info and armor added. Basically, despite what their theories about relationships say, they want to hear two things from a female. 1. I've never felt this way before you beautiful boy. And 2, Of course, I'll do anything you want sweetheart. That's a pretty simple flute to play, with only two holes in the shaft. Men, we are hopelessly outclassed when it comes to having thought through what it means to relate, marry, reproduce, etc., because women have largely been thinking of it since they were girls while we were out joking and running and trying to jump higher to win approval.

And where did you get your papal hat, I hear you cry. The answer, of course, is the highlands of Scotchland.

Love is the reward you get if you make it through the battlefield, and find respite with an enemy that makes you happy.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:45   #928

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
You been drinking again Speakeasy?

You know what the Doc said about drink and procrastination, it only leads to thinking, and then the real trouble starts.

Men shouldnt think, they should just obey.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:50   #929

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Once youve been round the love/relationship loop a few times, life becomes more like a poker game. You dont put all your money down in one go like when you were 17, from now on, your working on a 'See you, then maybe raise you' strategy. Its damage limitation, just incase it goes tits up again, cos the older you get, the less you want to take the pain of another failure.

Quote:

I am constantly amazed by the number of women who say they are looking for a committed relationship, then in the same breath talk about the limits they will put on their emotional investment. John
Old 08-08-2010, 05:09   #930
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
You dont put all your money down in one go like when you were 17, from now on, your working on a 'See you, then maybe raise you' strategy.
Never any substitute for time.
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate