Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 20:03   #2236
CCG

Re: Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mate Group

Thanks Oceangirl, great idea! I just joined!
Old 06-03-2011, 10:40   #2237

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

You are so welcome CrisCraftGirl, hope you find your soul mate here at CF (I did ;-) ).
Erika
Old 06-03-2011, 12:21   #2238
CCG

Ocean Girl, that is so cool that you found your soul mate this way. I am happy for you!!! I posted a bio, I thought, but it isn't showing up on the page. Not sure what I did wrong. I followed the directions you gave. I'm new to this so it may be floating out there somewhere where it shouldn't be....

Thanks again for this site. I heard the perfect song today for this group. In my opinion anyway.

"Lucky I'm in Love with My Bestfriend"...
Old 06-03-2011, 12:42   #2239

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

CrisCraftGirl, you are right I dont see your bio either. Gadagirl is the forum Headmistress (I am retired ) will see what she thinks.
This is the first time in a long long time I looked at the bios, I am just amazed how many really neat-o people we have here! 248 members, dang that is too cool. I started this group in june of 09 and it took me a year plus to find my man (though he was under my nose the whole time!), hope you find him soon.
Cheers,
Erika
Old 14-03-2011, 09:35   #2240

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child

The little monkey said:

Quote:
Thats how it works....except for Y66...who eats pinaple...wasting away in self indulgent land talking about himself...w/o emotion...while his perfectly good Roberts is sitting in Napa yard rotting...Y66 should give Monkey his boat!!!!
First Monkey, steel boats don't rot, they rust! She's not rusting because I applied several coats of high quality epoxy paint to her before I left and she's on the hard. Second, what do you have against pineapple anyways? As for the self indulgent thingy, a little hedonism now and then is good for the soul and does wonders for the waistline. Trust me on this. Finally, you're welcome to take my boat, just pull out your check book and write me a nice big check, since things given away are not usually appreciated.

That said, I talked to the local pump boat maker about making me a 10m boat while I work on getting my boat here. I've also found a really nice anchorage for her. It's sheltered by mangroves and is in 20' of water at low tide. Not that it matters much, since we rarely get bad weather here and even on the rare occasions a typhoon comes this far south I'm on the back side of the island, so by the time they arrive in these parts they are usually pretty tame.

My on line access has been spotty lately, which account for me being so quiet, but I had to come up to Cebu today to take a good friend to the airport. He too has fallen in love with it here and is going home determined to convince his wife to make the move here. I wish him well, but doubt she'll budge. White women don't seem to appreciate these parts near as much as us men do. Go figure!

I also bought a motorcycle to make it easier to get around and do more sightseeing by land. The pump boat I'm getting will take care of the sea side touring. What is a pump boat? A narrow wooden boat with outriggers on both sides and a small inboard diesel (sometimes gasoline engine). They are very shallow draft, very light and near perfect for exploring the shallow inner waters that abound here.

I learned to make coconut milk the other day, which really makes rice pudding very special. Drop by for a visit and I'll make some for you.

Regards,

Thomas
Old 14-03-2011, 09:44   #2241
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

I will open a tatoo shop and call myself Sailor SaltyMonkey Jerry and eat coconuts and spit at the ocean and take Y66's boat to 'im. Thats if the Japaneseville radiation doesnt spread to SF bay and make SaltyMonkeys hair glow
Old 14-03-2011, 09:48   #2242

Come here little monkey, we are up wind and far south from those nasty rads! LOL
Old 14-03-2011, 09:57   #2243
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

smb-- at least ye wont be needing nav lites--all will see where ye sail!!!!
surf the rebound waves....yeeeehaaaawww!!!!!! smb rides again!!!!!!

sounds like yer having a great time, thomas--- keep up the good work!!! we see which direction my boat wants to go from mazatlan....... or la paz..........or....
Old 28-03-2011, 18:50   #2244

Where is everybody? This thread got awful quiet! We've had some really snotty weather here with power failures regularly, so my Internet access has been spotty at best. What's your excuse little monkey?

Regards,

Thomas
Old 29-03-2011, 01:17   #2245
cruiser

Its been raining like crazy up here the last 2 weeks, Y66, so SaltyMonkey has locked himself into his treefort and has been working his computer quite a bit. Everyone else is out having a REAL life experience, but not Saltymonkey who still thinks he can make ooodles of money in either working for someone elses startup or his own. And really, its just a BIG GAMBLE really because SaltyMonkey will nebber have a FAT PAYSTUB like Y66 comin in fer retirement from thr guvment, so he has to do someting or other to try. So he can take care of all his ex girlfriends. Hmmm 2% common stock of 2 billion dollars for this startup and he could actually take care of a few exes i bet, and maybe just maybe but an OVNI!

The other option is to burn all his bridges and buy a PSC 27 and just see how far he either takes it or dies tryin. He knows he could take it to NZ easy, but teh dying part needs some work.

So that is what is happening Y66 who eats pinapples and looks at girlie pinapples and leaves his boaty in Napa when really he should leave it with SaltyMonkey who will practice his welding skills.
Old 31-03-2011, 18:57   #2246
cruiser

Hey everybody! Zeezee is almost on her way

And David Dawson, her crew member, is keeping an online journal including FILM of teh experience...Check out his site. I caught a picture of her wonderful formosa, her cat and an incredible hand carved door.

David Profile | WithSailsUnfurled

also posted a general alert @:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post657158
Old 31-03-2011, 19:33   #2247

Boat: Tartan 34C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
Hey everybody! Zeezee is almost on her way

And David Dawson, her crew member, is keeping an online journal including FILM of teh experience...Check out his site.

David Profile | WithSailsUnfurled

also posted a general alert @:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post657158
Thanks, SM - I don't care what they say about you, you're a pretty good monkey.

John
Old 02-04-2011, 17:35   #2248
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts66 View Post
Where is everybody?
Hi all,

Finally back on line. My computer died weeks ago, and have had almost no internet access since - talk about going cold turkey!! Now Im back in Nassau, to get some repairs done, and I have a brand new computer.

Sooooo ... watcha all been doin? Any new pairs of lovers?

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 02-04-2011, 17:49   #2249

New computer huh? Sorry to hear that but you are online again! D.
Old 02-04-2011, 18:06   #2250

Boat: Van de Stadt Victory 40 ketch
Send a message via Yahoo to kismet

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post
Hi all,

Sooooo ... watcha all been doin? Any new pairs of lovers?

Margo
Not here, as a matter of fact my girlfriend finally realized that I was not going to be her house boy..she now knows that I am going to sail away, with or without her, so single once again. She will be on my mailing list. No point in getting too upset, we just are living in different worlds..but she is a special person and I am going to miss her. It is difficult to be on yer own, but what is a sailor to do?
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate