Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 09:22   #151
Registered User
 
anjou's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Malvernshire, on the sunny side of the hill.
Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Posts: 1,905
I didnt live in Sardinia, but Im going to cos I want to be with that man, and the boat and liveaboard/cruising lifestyle are a bonus.

Its a two way effort and he was only to happy to jump that plane to come see me and find out if we fancied eachother.

In uk, we have a long running TV series called Antiques road show, where people take their antiques to the experts to get more info and a valuation.
One day a lady turned up with a pretty little sewing thimble. The expert took a peek and settled back in the chair.
Where did you get it he asked.
In a car boot sale she said
How much did you pay for it?
50pence (30cents) she replied.
Do you know anything about it, what made you buy it he asked

Its a pretty thing and I liked the look of it she said.

It turned out it was a one off, made specially for the Tsarina, the wife of the last Russian Tsar, by the famous jewler Faberge and was unique.
Unable to value acurately but estimates suggest 300-500, 000 pounds.

So, ......a thing of such exquisit beauty and value, no doubt hidden away then hawked round ending up on a car boot table because NO ONE knew its true value or provenence.

A bit like me.
Ive dated/met a lot of guys and most just didnt know what a gem they could have had. Its their loss and Alans gain.
He knew a bargain when he saw me online and made the effort to find out. Im lucky too that hes my type and I adore him, so he gets his reward.

Fortune favours the brave.

Just remember, not all women are shysters and husslers. Some of us want the things money cant buy and are happy with the real things in life like love and companionship, whereever it may be.
__________________

__________________
www.amy-artimis.blogspot.com
anjou is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 12:02   #152
Senior Cruiser
 
Ocean Girl's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In transit ( Texas to wherever the wind blows us)
Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Posts: 4,115
Images: 2
Well it couldn't of happened to a more incredible woman. He must a be smart guy to see what a gem you are. God bless.
Erika
__________________

__________________
Ocean Girl is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 13:30   #153
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,313
Good for you, hope things work out.

Funny, a friend went through a divorce. He and his wife drifted apart, she did not like the water and had no interest in sailing, he had no intrest in her hobbies. Afterwords I asked why he married her when they were so different, he didn't really have an answer.

Later he was lamenting about no woman in his life. I just looked at him and started listing the eligable woman at the sailing club and asked him what the hell his problem was. He kind of gave me a dumb look and said maybe that is the place to look.

Long stroy short, he dated and married one of the gals from the club and is now happily married to a sailor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
I didnt live in Sardinia, but Im going to cos I want to be with that man, and the boat and liveaboard/cruising lifestyle are a bonus.

Its a two way effort and he was only to happy to jump that plane to come see me and find out if we fancied eachother.

In uk, we have a long running TV series called Antiques road show, where people take their antiques to the experts to get more info and a valuation.
One day a lady turned up with a pretty little sewing thimble. The expert took a peek and settled back in the chair.
Where did you get it he asked.
In a car boot sale she said
How much did you pay for it?
50pence (30cents) she replied.
Do you know anything about it, what made you buy it he asked

Its a pretty thing and I liked the look of it she said.

It turned out it was a one off, made specially for the Tsarina, the wife of the last Russian Tsar, by the famous jewler Faberge and was unique.
Unable to value acurately but estimates suggest 300-500, 000 pounds.

So, ......a thing of such exquisit beauty and value, no doubt hidden away then hawked round ending up on a car boot table because NO ONE knew its true value or provenence.

A bit like me.
Ive dated/met a lot of guys and most just didnt know what a gem they could have had. Its their loss and Alans gain.
He knew a bargain when he saw me online and made the effort to find out. Im lucky too that hes my type and I adore him, so he gets his reward.

Fortune favours the brave.

Just remember, not all women are shysters and husslers. Some of us want the things money cant buy and are happy with the real things in life like love and companionship, whereever it may be.
__________________
Joli is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 14:25   #154
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 82
Quote:
So, ......a thing of such exquisit beauty and value, no doubt hidden away then hawked round ending up on a car boot table because NO ONE knew its true value or provenence.

A bit like me.
Anjou, I LOVE your attitude!

Mike
__________________
MikeZ is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 14:41   #155
Registered User
 
anjou's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Malvernshire, on the sunny side of the hill.
Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeZ View Post
Anjou, I LOVE your attitude!

Mike
Hey Mike, no ones gona blow my trumpet, so I have to do it.

Anyway, I have a valid reason/excuse. Temporary loss of reality brought on by endorphines.
__________________
www.amy-artimis.blogspot.com
anjou is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 17:33   #156
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Boat: Any time now!
Posts: 123
So did you find him from this group OG put together? Or was it through some other means?
__________________
~^~ ^~^ /|\ ~^~ ^~
~^~ ^~ (_|_\ ~^~^~
~^~^~ \====/ ~^ ~
anathema is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 08:53   #157
Senior Cruiser
 
Ocean Girl's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In transit ( Texas to wherever the wind blows us)
Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Posts: 4,115
Images: 2
Hello all,
We have some new members (44!) so please go check out the members list on our singles page.

Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates:
Here is the link to add your bio if you have not done so yet. In reposting my bio I have noticed that I am only allowed 1000 character this time. Some of you have posted nice long bios, if you go to edit it it might throw this 1000 character limit on you so just a warning about that.

Cheers,
Erika

Single Sailor Seeking Soul Mates Join Here
__________________
Ocean Girl is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 14:12   #158
Registered User
 
flysci's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Panama, en route to Mexico
Boat: CS36T, 36'
Posts: 586
Hi Ocean Girl,
I just found this group yesterday and promptly asked to join. You even more promptly admitted me. Thanks.

Now I'm wondering how to post a profile that include more than what's in my (rather minimal) profile. I can't figure out how to post a narrative about who i am and what I want. Can your lead me by the hand?

Thanks
__________________
M. Roark
s/v Baja Beagle

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
flysci is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 14:21   #159
Senior Cruiser
 
osirissail's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: A real life Zombie from FL
Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
Posts: 5,416
Images: 2
If I may make a suggestion - write in your word processor everything you can think of that would be a proper and accurate description of you and your life, want, don't wants. Then start deleting and rewording until you distill it down to the size allowed. As you read your original you will see points that are most important and others that are not. Going over and over it until your "essence" is pared to the proper size.
__________________
osirissail is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 15:56   #160
Armchair Bucketeer
 
David_Old_Jersey's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,013
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
In reposting my bio I have noticed that I am only allowed 1000 character this time. Some of you have posted nice long bios, if you go to edit it it might throw this 1000 character limit on you so just a warning about that.
Just in case you don't know, following the software update a social group can now have multiple threads........just an idea, but if members each had a thread they could either extend their bios into a 2nd (or 3rd?!) post............
David_Old_Jersey is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 16:54   #161
Senior Cruiser
 
Ocean Girl's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In transit ( Texas to wherever the wind blows us)
Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Posts: 4,115
Images: 2
DOJ
Actually that is a great idea. I am at work, later tonight I'll put my brain to work to see if we can do just that. flysci - i'll help you tonight too (if ya still need it).
Erika
__________________
Ocean Girl is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 11:40   #162
Senior Cruiser
 
Ocean Girl's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In transit ( Texas to wherever the wind blows us)
Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Posts: 4,115
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Just in case you don't know, following the software update a social group can now have multiple threads........just an idea, but if members each had a thread they could either extend their bios into a 2nd (or 3rd?!) post............
What do the mods think? I think it is a great idea, a little more work for me but I think I can handle it.
Erika
__________________
Ocean Girl is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 13:04   #163
Senior Cruiser
 
Talbot's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Brighton, UK
Boat: Privilege 37
Posts: 3,579
Images: 32
I think this is a very good idea, it allows each person to start his thread with a better description, and then allows all the conversation by that person to be easily accessible.

Gets my vote.
__________________
"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors - and miss."
Robert A Heinlein
Talbot is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 14:04   #164
Senior Cruiser
 
Ocean Girl's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In transit ( Texas to wherever the wind blows us)
Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Posts: 4,115
Images: 2
OK, looks like I have got some work to do . Please bear with me, I will try to get the new layout up and running this weekend.
Erika
__________________
Ocean Girl is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 15:02   #165
Senior Cruiser
 
Ocean Girl's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In transit ( Texas to wherever the wind blows us)
Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Posts: 4,115
Images: 2
Well a little snag in the layout change. If I transfer the bios to individual discussion thread it puts me as the poster with my avatar. As much as I love my little wave it will confuse the viewer for sure.

So, the Single Sailor members will have to transfer their own bios over to a new "personal discussion".

To do this:
1) go to the Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates group page.
2) Click on new discussion (near bottom of page)
3) title discussion with your sign on name
4) add bio and submit.

**be sure you are starting a new discussion and not adding to someones personal thread
***there is a 1000 character limit per post so you may have to divide up your bio and post multiple posts (NOT multiple discussions - multiple posts).
****you may not see the new discussion right away due to the moderated parameters


I quickly posted mine to give example of the layout- sorry, I was hoping to do the work so you all wouldn't have to.

Hope this can improve the effectiveness of our great singles group.
Cheers,
Erika
__________________

__________________
Ocean Girl is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi, Single Sailors ! catbluemoon Meets & Greets 52 13-10-2011 15:32
Reenactment group for NC, SC, VA Sailors angelgal918 General Sailing Forum 3 01-04-2009 13:26
Seeking female 1st mate for cruising Gulf of Mexico & Caribbean TxSailor Crew Archives 13 05-06-2007 08:47



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:46.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.