Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 16-10-2010, 19:36   #1606
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
so , basically what you need in a female is a true motor/gearhead with an urge to sail away from it all and help out and.. hoooyahhh. and......beauty and poise and grace are must haves......

but what if her name isnt grace???

btw-- you may wish to address the docklines..... they look a lil worn....if you tie her up in them , she will be able to break loose and spank YOU!!!!! lol....
Old 16-10-2010, 20:24   #1607

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child
Those are the old ones, I have 1" nylon but in the hurry to get her stopped I threw the first thing that I could grab. Interesting experience though. Happened to be on the dock this afternoon when this power boat guy comes in way too fast. Offered to take his line, but he had none to give me and didn't seem very concerned about his momentum and that fact he was heading right into my port quarter. Grabbed his rail to try and stop him and he gave ma a sour look, but his wife/gf told him it was ok I was just trying to help. Sunday boaters, I swear. LOL

Thomas
Old 16-10-2010, 20:50   #1608

ok goood, may you do this kinda sailing....
is sunrising, moon setting.... both at same time... was sooo awesome...

sunset---in gulf of mexico... awesome!!! just one of many many many....

just another sunrise on way to ft myers....
Old 16-10-2010, 20:54   #1609

:-)) That works for me!

Thanks for sharing.

Thomas
Old 16-10-2010, 20:58   #1610

see-- ye dont have to hear well to see this stuff...LOl.. and folks wonder why i love the sea so much....LOL..... wanna see my sweetheart's smile????

lol-- found this--is bubba the boat cat-- for bubba daboatkat--lol..see how similar it looks to the real bubbba--

and i always love these-- this one is at fort jefferson, dry tortugas, fla...
Old 16-10-2010, 21:35   #1611

I had some great sunset and at sea pics....but lost them in the divorce along with most everything else. Damn.

Thomas
Old 16-10-2010, 22:30   #1612

dang--i got to keep my pix-- lol not much else--not even my clothing-- go figger--- i was the one making the income , also... some folks are jerks.

but, thomas-- ye know, that is why gods made cameras and more seas to sail.....
Old 16-10-2010, 23:34   #1613

Boat: piver lodestar 35' "pupule malolo"
i like girls with eyes wide open . cause i'm going be looking at your assets anyway . just sayin !
Old 17-10-2010, 01:22   #1614
Armchair Bucketeer

Been a while since I dipped into this thread / soap opera...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
I FOUND MY SOUL MATE ON CRUISERS FORUM!
No pressure on him then

But seriously, yer got that then everything else is merely details

I guess lesson for all is - get off backsides
Old 17-10-2010, 06:51   #1615
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Back on the west coast after an interesting trip. I see that Y66 is up to more trouble again on my lake.

zeezee - i love your boat!
Old 17-10-2010, 07:03   #1616

Boat: 82 Present, 13 ft dinghy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts66 View Post
I had some great sunset and at sea pics....but lost them in the divorce along with most everything else. Damn.

Thomas
I think it is possible that the sun and sea might pose for you again. As for everything else????
Old 17-10-2010, 09:52   #1617

Boat: Tartan 34C
Lip Reading

I read lips, too. I suppose my way is different than Thomas's, and it only works on about half the population, but the communication is crystal clear.

John
Old 17-10-2010, 11:05   #1618

i made a point of learning to read lips when i was growing up--so i could know what my sibs were saying bout me--i was the oldest and i ran them well..LOL..i am not 100 percent by a long shot---

smb--ye wanna sail on her?? she isnt a s shiny as in pix....and i can always use crew.....no strings no muss no fuss no bother....friends at any rate.....whaddaya thingk??, eh?? same deal is open to anyone--aint a discrimminator...any of my imaginary friends can come to sail with me at any time .. just ask or let me know when yer gonna get to where my , at that time , fixed boat is--i will leave here in december. i am aiming at south. any and all legs of the trip are open for crew and friends to participate. fist major goal-- mainland mexico(mazatlan). second main goal-- panama. 3rd main goal-carribean.
Old 17-10-2010, 14:37   #1619

Feral Cement sent me an email saying some here have been offended by his comments about signing etc. I have not been offended by his comments. I would not have made them, but I'm sure I am quite capable of inserting my foot into my mouth without any assistance. I did not feel then and do not feel now that he was intending to be mean or disrespectful. Cut the guy some slack, ok?

So all of you know, had I a choice of loosing my vision, an arm, a leg, any appendage on the day I was blown up, instead of my hearing, I would opt for the appendage in a heart beat. Were I blind, you would know it immediately and not expect me to read the street sign. Were I in a wheel chair you would not expect me to climb a flight of stairs, but I'm none of those things, I am nearly deaf and you can't tell it unless, like poor Michael, you are trying to communicate with me by speech. Hearing loss is the invisible disability. Sometimes I can communicate fairly well if the environment is right or I just guess lucky and as Michael experienced, sometimes I can't. In my experience, people quickly forget those times I couldn't, remembering only that I could and become offended when I can't. I've been accused of "not paying attention;" "not caring what I say;" "choosing not to hear;" and just plain, "being rude." All because I was not able to hear something someone was trying to say to me.

One person told my ex she thought me very unfriendly because she had a tendency to come up behind me and talk to me, which of course I ignored because I had no idea she was trying to talk to me! That meant I was rude and unfriendly. Go figure. Years ago when my hearing first started being problematic I was hoplessly in love with a British girl. Her hair turned purple in the sunlight on my sailboat, Gawd was she awesome. She dumped me though because, "you don't listen to what I'm saying to you and then you talk about something else!" That hurt. She knew I had a hearing problem, but yet she was offended when I couldn't hear what she had to say. Sometimes life is hard, ya' know?

Our society in general is not very accommodating to the hearing impaired. The two most hated words in my English lexicon are, "Call Me!" Ewwww that just makes me shudder! Most support lines are telephone based. Virgin WiFi is one of the worst. I've been fighting with them for a month because they refuse to give me support except via telephone. I went with them because they offered "email support." So, when the first problem came up, I fired off an email and they responded with, "Please call our 800 number for assistance..." I now have an email string of more than 40 emails trying to get some assistance to no avail.

One of the worst offenders is the one place you would think would be the most understanding....the Veterans Administration! Better than 33% of all disabled veterans are hearing impaired yet the VA ignores our needs. When I need an appointment I get a post card or letter in the mail from them saying, "Call our 800 number to schedule your appointment...." Incredible, but true. I've often wondered if they send vets who've lost their legs letters saying, "if you want an appointment, just run up these three flights of stairs," ya' know?

Enough for this rant, if I go on I might get depressed. So, when that old geezer you're talking to says, "huh?" a lot, be patient, he can't help he doesn't understand you. Maybe you should trying writing him a note?

Regards,

Thomas
Old 17-10-2010, 14:47   #1620

when i was still actively working, there were deaf and nearly deaf folks as patients and we would communicate ok-- either i would make writing note or they could read lips well -- -- and i would wake them gently with a hand on arm instead of blaze of lights and cannon voice of most nurse ratchets..LOL....i know the wrong side of nursing-- was a patient a coupla times-- yipes.... unnerstan wherefrom ye come!!(wrong side=being a patient insteadof being nursee..)

but then, most nursees didnt likee me as i used humor to help patients in icu and emergency room situations--LOL-- i worked those areas for 30+ yrs....or mebbe they thought i wanted their job..LOL
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate