Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 20:52   #1531

Boat: Easterly 30
I agree on the no tv, (ive not hhad one for 7 years) and in my last relationship, it was nice to spend time with my partner and play board games, or chess, or do things as a couple, (sailing) Im not one to believe what media says, however it is everywhere and sometimes not always avoidable... But for me, i guess the hunt for my perfect mate will continue....
Old 03-10-2010, 21:10   #1532

Boat: Horizon 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
-- soulmates do exist-- i have known a few
Yeah, you're right. Sometimes the labels fall off, they lose their corks, but they are there when you need them.
Old 03-10-2010, 22:44   #1533
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
everyone looks for something they have in their mind-- picture, an expectation, something to seek that is able to be imagined and grasped-so that if and when any meet should happen with someone, that individual is a write off, as she/he doesnt meet the imagined perfect match. .that is not seeking a soulmate. lol that is seeking lust. i figure soulmates start with friendship and grow--who knows?? if any of us knew, we wouldnt BE here!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 23:32   #1534

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child
John said:

Quote:
Compliant women are boring; cooperative, collaborative women are HOT.
So where does the typical demanding, combative and uncooperative American woman fall in this continuum John? Just sayin'

Ok Zee, before you flame me, that's not to say ALL American women are that way, but for sure some are!

I liked Mexico a whole lot more 20 years ago than today. That however is purely my personal opinion. For my money the better cruising grounds like further South...like Costa Rica and especially Panama. Again that's just my personal opinion.

As for the 3rd world women, I'll give ya'll a report once I get there and look around a bit. If nothing else, it should be an interesting experience.

Tomorrow is the final check out day of my digs, packing the car day for the drive South and then cutting my ties to shore. That too should be interesting.

Regards,

Thomas
Old 03-10-2010, 23:59   #1535

Boat: Privilege 37
My aim in life, which I try to keep up to is to do unto others only that which I would like them to do to me
Old 04-10-2010, 03:17   #1536

Boat: L. Francis Herreshoff H28 Ketch & Brisol 24 @ 25'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts66 View Post
John said:
So where does the typical demanding, combative and uncooperative American woman fall in this continuum John? Just sayin'
Ok Zee, before you flame me, that's not to say ALL American women are that way, but for sure some are!
About the same place as slick north shore paris Hilton types who more worried about their nails than stoking the fire, getting a beer and cleaning the fish. Just give me a hairy mangrove mountain girl who knows how to roll a fat one and shuck an oyster Why I like the independent type who aren’t afraid sail the estuaries and they don’t spend your money on big hotels and makeup
Old 04-10-2010, 03:32   #1537

Boat: L. Francis Herreshoff H28 Ketch & Brisol 24 @ 25'
Quote:
everyone looks for something they have in their mind-- picture, an expectation, something to seek that is able to be imagined and grasped-so that if and when any meet should happen with someone, that individual is a write off, as she/he doesnt meet the imagined perfect match. .that is not seeking a soulmate. lol that is seeking lust. i figure soulmates start with friendship and grow--who knows?? if any of us knew, we wouldnt BE here!!!!!!!!
Whole problem with Picture mag being so cheap still even the kids can buy it and the homegirls often local Hey kid heres a photo of your mum Wonder why so many turn out gay
Old 04-10-2010, 03:34   #1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemonastra View Post
I agree on the no tv, (ive not hhad one for 7 years) and in my last relationship, it was nice to spend time with my partner and play board games, or chess, or do things as a couple, (sailing) Im not one to believe what media says, however it is everywhere and sometimes not always avoidable... But for me, i guess the hunt for my perfect mate will continue....
My wife and I have been TV-less for sometime. Having just one laptop/netbook onboard is nice because we can do whatever we need to do online (with wifi or a cell card), but you can't both zombie out at the same time.

It is nice to be able to watch some movies on the netbook in bed (the v-berth). Every now and then (especially pre-baby) we've held up in the boat for two days straight watching marathon sessions of Battle Star Galactica only stopping for sleeping and eating.

Having a baby gives you something to do together, in fact it gives you a lot to do together.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:24   #1539
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
I dont watch tv. But I do watch HULU movies or PBS Documentaries occasionally online. Or get FREE educational lectures from iTunes U.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:50   #1540

do unto others as you would have them do unto you--the golden rule-- no one seems to live by anymore--is a very good rule and more folks should acknowledge it as a good way to live.
i have laptop puters with dvd players in em. i have dvds. i have puter. i ahve boat work and i have sailing.
thomas--not ALL usa felames are that-- some of us are actually females. some even respect their men. some appreciate them..lol.... even with their flaws..LOL
there are way too many folks in mexico--the ones there are too many of are the gringos who dont mind spending lots of money on their daily lives--not in many budgets to spend so much--this has ruined mexico for many of the low dollar travellers--but there are still unspoiled places to shop for way less than the silly mall stores most gringos need in their lives, and which are ridiculously high in pricing. a falsely inflated economy is not a stale one--we have inflated their economy in seeking the same stuff we had at home--that isnt right, is it! we leave home to go to someplace unspoiled and ruin it... go figger--then we bash it for having deteriorated and donot travel there anymore. i try to get along with the natives and shop in the places that the locals support.

btw--on your way south , dont forget to hit up conapesca for a fishing license so you can have fishing gear in mexico--is only 49 dollars for a full year. it takes 5 min out of your day plus ride to downtown--if you need a ride i may be able to make my beeter go that far..LOL....just being helpful....muni(cop)dock is what--10 dollars/nite.... so is really cheap to get. last minuet provisions and lic in one stop. yes i know all the cheap food stores. i figger ye has to go thru mexico to get to the southern areas....ye has no excuse..LOL.....

ovebearing??? lol.. not all of us are that....LOL...
Old 11-10-2010, 21:43   #1541

hay where did everybody go?? i know thomas is sailing--what is the excuse the rest of us have????
Old 11-10-2010, 21:55   #1542

Boat: Tartan 34C
Quote:
hay where did everybody go?? i know thomas is sailing--what is the excuse the rest of us have????
I just got back from 4 days of camping, music, and dancing at my totally awesome, semi-local music festival:

www.shakorihills.org

Detox is coming along nicely, but my legs and feet are feeling the effects of ~100 hours of Rockabilly, Blues, Cajun/Zydeco, Afro-pop, and whatever you wanna call Donna the Buffalo.

Life is gooooooood.

John
Old 11-10-2010, 22:00   #1543

Boat: Tartan 34C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts66 View Post
Can't speak for others, but I have neither the time nor the patience for their drivel.

A more prevalent issue, IMO, is the modern notion of relationships having a limited shelf life, that "together" is a temporary situation. If you have that attitude going in, you're sailing a sinking ship.

John
Old 11-10-2010, 22:18   #1544
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Hey Zee,

I just got distracted with planning for this fall's cruise. Arranging for crew, researching routes and guidebooks, etc, etc.

I'm busy trying to live the life alone, since no lovers have volunteered so far! Haha.

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 11-10-2010, 22:40   #1545

and i just let my wood worker go as he was costing me more than was doing... ..... sounds like johns trip was funnest!!!
readying for cruise is always a good thing....seems like i been doing that for waaay too long ....
and i know what ye mean about the lovers--- sheesh......men must hibernate in winter... and summer...and spring... and fall.........
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate