Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 11:33   #31
Registered User
 
deckofficer's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern and Southern California
Boat: too many
Posts: 4,198
Images: 4
Re: Sharing My Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthal Side with My Cruising Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
LOVE that driveway filler....both of em....bet the neighbors drool over those toys!!!!
Neighbors have more class than me. In this neighborhood most everyone has the fully enclosed hanger with the home and garage.



__________________

__________________
Bob
USCG Unlimited Tonnage Open Ocean (CMA)
http://tbuckets.lefora.com/
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:52   #32
Registered User
 
deckofficer's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern and Southern California
Boat: too many
Posts: 4,198
Images: 4
Re: Sharing My Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthal Side with My Cruising Friends

Tropicalescape,

Your good. It is a Seagull, but the lowly 200 instead of the 11 meter. 30 years ago I was the Seagull dealer for Sacramento area.

And if your plane is a 1947 Seabee, re-powered by the new Corvette engine and reduction drive, the deal is on.

__________________

__________________
Bob
USCG Unlimited Tonnage Open Ocean (CMA)
http://tbuckets.lefora.com/
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:11   #33
Registered User
 
Matt sachs's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: East Tennessee
Boat: 1989 50 ft Roberts
Posts: 859
Images: 18
Re: Sharing My Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthal Side with My Cruising Friends

I'm a bit of a motor head too. A long time ago I raced cars on the local dirt track. These days after work I design and build OHV cylinder heads on a CNC mill for kart racing. So far its paying for the refit.
__________________
Matt sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 18:29   #34
Obsfucator, Second Class
 
dacust's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southeast USA.
Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360
Posts: 1,743
Re: Sharing My Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthal Side with My Cruising Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
The other 2 are the Skoda Coupe... top of its class every year in rally's...
The others the Ford Capri Coupe.... only made 2000... mine was black and all the kids thought it was the 'Bat Mobile'....lol
But the most fun was this lil baby....
I think that pic is from a museum about 100 miles from me.

==> The Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum microcars, bmw isetta, messerschmitt, messerschmidt, kr200, micro cars



They claim to have the largest collection of micro cars in the world. They have the entire collection on-line. Peel, Crosley, Cushman, Goggomobile, etc.

Sad part is I have never been there. They are only open about 3 days a week. I gotta take a day off and take my Dad over there.

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 19:20   #35
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Sharing My Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthal Side with My Cruising Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
Tropicalescape,

Your good. It is a Seagull, but the lowly 200 instead of the 11 meter. 30 years ago I was the Seagull dealer for Sacramento area.

And if your plane is a 1947 Seabee, re-powered by the new Corvette engine and reduction drive, the deal is on.

There is/ was a very rare Republic Twin Seabee in Guam ..The guy that owns it is named Kevin and he owns a company called Big Eye Helicopter in Hagatna...will see if he is still there and has the plane ...it was complete but taken apart so that it could be loaded into a Conex.. he wanted 12,000 for it when last I was there...Had all logs and records..if you want to find him on your own call 411 and ask for Big Eye Helicopter..he leases helicopters to the tuna fleets...easy to find...nice plane..DVC...was the plane an Electra?
__________________
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 19:35   #36
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK/Portugal
Posts: 20,198
Images: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate Re: Sharing My Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthal Side with My Cruising Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacust View Post
I think that pic is from a museum about 100 miles from me.

==> The Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum microcars, bmw isetta, messerschmitt, messerschmidt, kr200, micro cars



They claim to have the largest collection of micro cars in the world. They have the entire collection on-line. Peel, Crosley, Cushman, Goggomobile, etc.

Sad part is I have never been there. They are only open about 3 days a week. I gotta take a day off and take my Dad over there.

-dan
Its a Bond Bug... produced by Reliant Motors UK... specialised in 3 wheelers...
The Logo for the bug was a play on Henry Ford...
"You can have it in any colour as long as its Orange..."
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 19:45   #37
Registered User
 
deckofficer's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern and Southern California
Boat: too many
Posts: 4,198
Images: 4
Re: Sharing My Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthal Side with My Cruising Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
There is/ was a very rare Republic Twin Seabee in Guam ..The guy that owns it is named Kevin and he owns a company called Big Eye Helicopter in Hagatna...will see if he is still there and has the plane ...it was complete but taken apart so that it could be loaded into a Conex.. he wanted 12,000 for it when last I was there...Had all logs and records..if you want to find him on your own call 411 and ask for Big Eye Helicopter..he leases helicopters to the tuna fleets...easy to find...nice plane..DVC...was the plane an Electra?
The Blue "Tahoe Special" is owned by Steve Lantz out of Crystal Bay, Nevada, on Lake Tahoe, and is currently for sale for just $85,000, due to this accident.......

2011-01-21 Accident on Shasta Lake, Redding, California. During landing on Shasta Lake just before 12:30 p.m., right wing float hit debris in the water some 500 yards from Bridge Bay Resort.
R/H wing dipped into the water. The pilot gave throttle to try to get the wing out of water. The plane went in circles three to four times, before the attempt failed.

When it stopped, pilot/owner Stephen Lantz and his two passengers — Thomas Giles, 72, of Anderson, and Douglas McLain, 70, of Redding — climbed out. Then the plane flipped and began to sink as the men scrambled on top of it.

Bridge Bay employees quickly made it to the sinking plane and rescued the three, deputies said.

Stephen Lantz and his companions had taken off from Benton Airpark in Redding before landing on the lake.

Back to me live, so as you can see a salvaged 1947 Republic Sea Bee going for $85K, kind of hard to believe a flier at $12K.

Your the 2nd that thought it is an Electra, no a Beech 18 with the P&W R985's.
__________________
Bob
USCG Unlimited Tonnage Open Ocean (CMA)
http://tbuckets.lefora.com/
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 20:33   #38
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Sharing My Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthal Side with My Cruising Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
The Blue "Tahoe Special" is owned by Steve Lantz out of Crystal Bay, Nevada, on Lake Tahoe, and is currently for sale for just $85,000, due to this accident.......

2011-01-21 Accident on Shasta Lake, Redding, California. During landing on Shasta Lake just before 12:30 p.m., right wing float hit debris in the water some 500 yards from Bridge Bay Resort.
R/H wing dipped into the water. The pilot gave throttle to try to get the wing out of water. The plane went in circles three to four times, before the attempt failed.

When it stopped, pilot/owner Stephen Lantz and his two passengers Thomas Giles, 72, of Anderson, and Douglas McLain, 70, of Redding climbed out. Then the plane flipped and began to sink as the men scrambled on top of it.

Bridge Bay employees quickly made it to the sinking plane and rescued the three, deputies said.

Stephen Lantz and his companions had taken off from Benton Airpark in Redding before landing on the lake.

Back to me live, so as you can see a salvaged 1947 Republic Sea Bee going for $85K, kind of hard to believe a flier at $12K.

Your the 2nd that thought it is an Electra, no a Beech 18 with the P&W R985's.
The twin engine sea bee I am talking about is in pieces and would need some work but was avaliable for 12000 and then the shipping would be about 10000 and the work and speculation that all parts are there and in good shape would reduce the price..this guy had a spread sheet as to what it would cost to have her flying and it was around 50000 to 70000 depending on what one would want to add to her..there were only four of these made I think...Do you know anyone with a polaris or remos brand of flying boat?..DVC
__________________
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 14:01   #39
Registered User
 
deckofficer's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern and Southern California
Boat: too many
Posts: 4,198
Images: 4
Re: Sharing My Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthal Side with My Cruising Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
Do you know anyone with a polaris or remos brand of flying boat?..DVC
There are quite a few flying dinghy makes out there right now. I've given some thought to this, as I have a lot of hours in hang gliders and would have no problem storing the wing when I only need the dinghy as a dinghy. Nobody makes what I'm looking for, and that is...

1.) The dinghy needs to be the fast and efficient catamaran RIB type.
2.) The power plant needs to be a turbo diesel from a Smart Car.

One builder did use for a one-off build that engine, but no one has used a cat type tunnel hulled dinghy. Might just have to roll my own on this concept.
__________________
Bob
USCG Unlimited Tonnage Open Ocean (CMA)
http://tbuckets.lefora.com/
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 14:24   #40
Senior Cruiser
 
Therapy's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: W Florida
Boat: The Jon boat still, plus a 2007 SeaCat.
Posts: 6,894
Images: 4
Re: Sharing My Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthal Side with My Cruising Friends

Motorcycles for me.

250,000 miles or so.
__________________
Who knows what is next.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 16:26   #41
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Sharing My Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthal Side with My Cruising Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
There are quite a few flying dinghy makes out there right now. I've given some thought to this, as I have a lot of hours in hang gliders and would have no problem storing the wing when I only need the dinghy as a dinghy. Nobody makes what I'm looking for, and that is...

1.) The dinghy needs to be the fast and efficient catamaran RIB type.
2.) The power plant needs to be a turbo diesel from a Smart Car.

One builder did use for a one-off build that engine, but no one has used a cat type tunnel hulled dinghy. Might just have to roll my own on this concept.
Met a man at Lake Norman that builds what he called the best RIB on the market, it is a cat I think and he wanted to do some R&D with one of my wings ..will contact and pass on info...Whats a "smart car" ?...DVC
__________________
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 16:43   #42
Registered User
 
Mark1977's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax, N.S Canada
Boat: Tanzer 26, Walk22
Posts: 930
Re: Sharing My Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthal Side with My Cruising Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
Met a man at Lake Norman that builds what he called the best RIB on the market, it is a cat I think and he wanted to do some R&D with one of my wings ..will contact and pass on info...Whats a "smart car" ?...DVC
Smart car........kinda stupid if ya ask me
edit....picky no work....
__________________
Just the guy that runs the boat.
Mark1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 17:14   #43
Registered User
 
Ironhorse74's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver Washington
Boat: Ed Monk designed 34' Sloop Second Wind
Posts: 400
Images: 1
Re: Sharing My Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthal Side with My Cruising Friends

For me it was always about bikes up until I learned to sail. My original 49 Pan, and my current ride 09 Roadglide





The girl washing the bike told me she was just a starving college student. So I was doing my part to help further her education. As you can see in the picture she could barely afford clothes.
__________________
Ironhorse74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 17:16   #44
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler
 
sarafina's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco
Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck
Posts: 5,559
Images: 56
Re: Sharing My Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthal Side with My Cruising Friends

Richard Thompson left me with a yen for Vincent Black Lightening...

Which none of my scooters have ever satisfied...
__________________
Sara

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
sarafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 17:38   #45
Registered User
 
Ironhorse74's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver Washington
Boat: Ed Monk designed 34' Sloop Second Wind
Posts: 400
Images: 1
Re: Sharing My Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthal Side with My Cruising Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafina View Post
Richard Thompson left me with a yen for Vincent Black Lightening...

Which none of my scooters have ever satisfied...
The Vincent Black Shadows are awesome too. They are trading in the 6 figures range. So I will just settle for drooling on them in museums.
__________________

__________________
Ironhorse74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cruiser, cruising

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:45.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.