Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-10-2010, 20:06   #16

I recently took a class from www.learntosailsandiego.com. He is certified through ASA and I my review is good and bad. The lessons were good. I recieved my certs however the bad is not remarkable enough to comment. He is the owner/operator of a single boat. He pricing is competitive but keep in mind you get what you pay for! You only can take the option to take the package of staying on the boat with lessons. The boat is small, older and not well maintained. The linens were dirty, I doubt the comforter was ever washed! The sink, stove etc were not well cleaned either. I didn't expect this from the price I had to pay...
Jennifer Pauls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 21:50   #17
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Pauls View Post
I recently took a class from www.learntosailsandiego.com. He is certified through ASA and I my review is good and bad. The lessons were good. I recieved my certs however the bad is not remarkable enough to comment. He is the owner/operator of a single boat. He pricing is competitive but keep in mind you get what you pay for! You only can take the option to take the package of staying on the boat with lessons. The boat is small, older and not well maintained. The linens were dirty, I doubt the comforter was ever washed! The sink, stove etc were not well cleaned either. I didn't expect this from the price I had to pay...
Jennifer, was it not possible for you to check the program (the boat, the owner, etc.) out thoroughly before you committed to it / paid for it? Did you come from a distance to participate? Was there no one local to that particular vessel whom you would have trusted to check for you and give you a fair opinion?

I'm sorry to read that it was less than what the cost of the program had led you to believe you were going to get. Price alone is seldom a good way to gauge the quality of anything, however, so doing a bit of advance research before signing a contract or paying any money is always a smart step to take.

TaoJones