Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-01-2015, 11:21   #16
Nearly an old salt
 
goboatingnow's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,649
Images: 3
Re: RSYC (Royal Snob Yacht Club)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snore View Post
Not sure if HRH "The Queen" will charter the club. But I am sure you can find "A Queen" to do so.


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum

A proper commodore would know its HM the Queen , !


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
Check out my new blog on smart boat technology, networking and gadgets for the connected sailor! - http://smartboats.tumblr.com
goboatingnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 11:46   #17
Moderator
 
a64pilot's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Albany Ga.
Boat: Island Packet 38
Posts: 17,045
Re: RSYC (Royal Snob Yacht Club)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohenyboy View Post

4. Are you descended from royalty (cadet line is okay) or have a title?

Years ago at my Sister's wedding, her new Mother in Law was running on about how they were descended from Royalty to my Father. She finally got around to asking him if he had any Royal blood.
His answer was he didn't know, but his Grandfather was rumored to be the King of the Moonshiners back home in the Kentucky mountains where he was from, did that count?

Daddy was from Big Creek, apparently close to Blue Diamond for those from Kentucky
__________________

__________________
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 12:16   #18
Moderator
 
weavis's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SEVILLE - MALLORCA
Posts: 10,135
Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: RSYC (Royal Snob Yacht Club)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
A proper commodore would know its HM the Queen , !


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
yup.

So Im cancelling all youse lot membership forthwith.... Ill get my manservant to remove your vessels.

pshaw!
__________________
- Never test how deep the water is with both feet -
10% of conflicts are due to different opinions. 90% by the tone of voice.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 13:42   #19
Resin Head
 
minaret's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle WA
Boat: Nauticat
Posts: 7,199
Images: 52
Re: RSYC (Royal Snob Yacht Club)

Just require that they know that the word "posh" is an acronym, and what it means (port out, stbd home). Then you'll get the old money Brits only.
__________________
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,

Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
minaret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 13:43   #20
Moderator
 
weavis's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SEVILLE - MALLORCA
Posts: 10,135
Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: RSYC (Royal Snob Yacht Club)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaret View Post
Then you'll get the old money Brits only.
Good Lord No!

__________________
- Never test how deep the water is with both feet -
10% of conflicts are due to different opinions. 90% by the tone of voice.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 13:56   #21
Nearly an old salt
 
goboatingnow's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,649
Images: 3
Re: RSYC (Royal Snob Yacht Club)

You really need to work out , admission criteria ,


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Check out my new blog on smart boat technology, networking and gadgets for the connected sailor! - http://smartboats.tumblr.com
goboatingnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 00:09   #22
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niagara Falls
Boat: Westsail 32
Posts: 344
Re: RSYC (Royal Snob Yacht Club)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohenyboy View Post
Any other ideas for the qualifications?
Lots of toilet paper.
__________________
Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 00:22   #23
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Australia, Central Coast.
Boat: Boden 36 Triple chine long keel steel, named Nekeyah
Posts: 776
Re: RSYC (Royal Snob Yacht Club)

There is hard genetic evidence to support the view that neither the current British monarch or those for quite a few generations before her have the paternity necessary to support their claims of royalty.
To put it bluntly, about three hundred years ago there was a fox in the henhouse!

Regards,
Richard.
__________________
boden36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 03:52   #24
Marine Service Provider
 
boatpoker's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario or Bahamas
Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser
Posts: 2,593
Re: RSYC (Royal Snob Yacht Club)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyVan View Post
I'm making the switch to a Yacht Club this year- the reason isn't snobbery.

It seems every marina owner around here is some kind of gangster.

The marina always seems to be a money laundering scheme for a coke dealer, or some underhanded tool for extorting boaters for mechanical repairs and storage. It seems many of the yard guys are in on it, either actively, or they've just become so disillusioned after years of employment by a gangster that they just don't care any more.

Its just a trial period but I'm going to try "royal" instead of "don" for a while.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Careful ..... they know where you live.
__________________
That hysterical laughter you hear as you sail a way in your "new" boat ..... is the seller.
boatpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 04:51   #25
Moderator
 
weavis's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SEVILLE - MALLORCA
Posts: 10,135
Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: RSYC (Royal Snob Yacht Club)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boden36 View Post
There is hard genetic evidence to support the view that neither the current British monarch or those for quite a few generations before her have the paternity necessary to support their claims of royalty.
To put it bluntly, about three hundred years ago there was a fox in the henhouse!

Regards,
Richard.
Possession is nine tenths of the law...............
__________________
- Never test how deep the water is with both feet -
10% of conflicts are due to different opinions. 90% by the tone of voice.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 07:13   #26
Registered User
 
CS Cruiser's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PCYC Toronto
Boat: CS36T
Posts: 310
Images: 10
Re: RSYC (Royal Snob Yacht Club)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyVan View Post
I'm making the switch to a Yacht Club this year- the reason isn't snobbery.

It seems every marina owner around here is some kind of gangster.

The marina always seems to be a money laundering scheme for a coke dealer, or some underhanded tool for extorting boaters for mechanical repairs and storage. It seems many of the yard guys are in on it, either actively, or they've just become so disillusioned after years of employment by a gangster that they just don't care any more.

Its just a trial period but I'm going to try "royal" instead of "don" for a while.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

You won't be disappointed
__________________
Paul
s/v TENACITY - CS36T
CS Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 10:23   #27
Registered User
 
rognvald's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Summer: In the land of Wooly Mammoths
Boat: Pearson 34-II
Posts: 2,252
Images: 2
Re: RSYC (Royal Snob Yacht Club)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boden36 View Post
There is hard genetic evidence to support the view that neither the current British monarch or those for quite a few generations before her have the paternity necessary to support their claims of royalty.
To put it bluntly, about three hundred years ago there was a fox in the henhouse!

Regards,
Richard.

And,when are the Brits going to admit they have been ruled by the Germans for centuries? The Celts(A Germanic tribe from Central Europe-modern day Germany) were the first to arrive followed by the Saxons and then the Vikings. It was old King George V who changed the royal family's name:Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to Windsor due to anti-German sentiment after WWI in 1917--an interesting irony since more than half of England is genetically German. The term Anglo-Saxon derives from the two great Germanic tribes that invaded the SW of England in the Dark Ages--the Angles and Saxons. And, we certainly can't forget the Norweigan invasion from the North when the Vikings came and conquered much of England until the old Duke of Normandy in 1066(a Viking from Northern France) gave them a good spanking. The testament can be see in all the English towns that end in "ton" which designates previous Viking cities.The real Brits are the Picts and comprise a very small percentage of the English population and were literally nearly pushed into the Atlantic by the invading foreigners. English snobbery? Us peasant Yanks who love World History find that quite amusing. Good luck, good sailing, Long Live Queen Saxe-Coburg and Gotha! P.S. For those students of History/Genetics, I highly recommend "Blood of the Isles" by Oxford geneticist Brian Sykes.
__________________
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathrustra
rognvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 10:29   #28
Moderator
 
weavis's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SEVILLE - MALLORCA
Posts: 10,135
Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: RSYC (Royal Snob Yacht Club)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognvald View Post
And,when are the Brits going to admit they have been ruled by the Germans for centuries? The Celts(A Germanic tribe from Central Europe-modern day Germany) were the first to arrive followed by the Saxons and then the Vikings. It was old King George V who changed the royal family's name:Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to Windsor due to anti-German sentiment after WWI in 1917--an interesting irony since more than half of England is genetically German. The term Anglo-Saxon derives from the two great Germanic tribes that invaded the SW of England in the Dark Ages--the Angles and Saxons. And, we certainly can't forget the Norweigan invasion from the North when the Vikings came and conquered much of England until the old Duke of Normandy in 1066(a Viking from Northern France) gave them a good spanking. The testament can be see in all the English towns that end in "ton" which designates previous Viking cities.The real Brits are the Picts and comprise a very small percentage of the English population and were literally nearly pushed into the Atlantic by the invading foreigners. English snobbery? Us peasant Yanks who love World History find that quite amusing. Good luck, good sailing, Long Live Queen Saxe-Coburg and Gotha! P.S. For those students of History/Genetics, I highly recommend "Blood of the Isles" by Oxford geneticist Brian Sykes.
Well guess who is never going to be allowed to join the RSYC.......

"Us royal Brits who love World History find that quite amusing."

__________________
- Never test how deep the water is with both feet -
10% of conflicts are due to different opinions. 90% by the tone of voice.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 11:01   #29
Moderator
 
weavis's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SEVILLE - MALLORCA
Posts: 10,135
Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: RSYC (Royal Snob Yacht Club)

Club Etiquette.
(excerpts from page one)

It is deemed rather vulgar to discuss the associated cost of yearly association with the club in public, so suffice it to be noted that a members butler would present himself to the Club purser with a signed blank cheque to be filled in for appropriate amount.

Beer is not available at the club except on hot days and visits from members of the colonies or Europe.

There are 132 bottles of different Whiskys from Scotland in the single malt available, 12 types of Gin, 22 types of Brandy and of course the ultimate Pimms.

Men servants will wear a discrete gold pin on their shirts to be identified by Club staff.

Boating shoes will be worn at all times in the Clubhouse.

American type chappies, not having a manservant, will be loaned one by the club, for which the appropriate compensation will be applied to the dock costs.
__________________
- Never test how deep the water is with both feet -
10% of conflicts are due to different opinions. 90% by the tone of voice.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 11:02   #30
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,157
Re: RSYC (Royal Snob Yacht Club)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boden36 View Post
There is hard genetic evidence to support the view that neither the current British monarch or those for quite a few generations before her have the paternity necessary to support their claims of royalty.
To put it bluntly, about three hundred years ago there was a fox in the henhouse!

Regards,
Richard.
Just one?
__________________

__________________
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
yacht

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Club--Annapolis Sailors Club 'Hello' qe3philadelphia Atlantic & the Caribbean 0 06-12-2012 11:53
Is There Snob Value in a Boat's Name? Nostrodamus Monohull Sailboats 89 29-05-2012 12:18
Royal Suva Yacht Club - Fiji Atraxia Pacific & South China Sea 1 15-10-2011 02:30
For Sale: Royal Cruising Club Pilotage Guides DCGSAILING Classifieds Archive 1 05-02-2011 16:26



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 22:12.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.