Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-02-2009, 07:47   #1

PBO subscription

In November 2008, paid over £200 for 3 year subscription to PBO. In short order I received a copy of the January cover issue. Since then as at 24th february 2009 nothing!
Numerous email got automated answers the replacement copies would be sent within 21 days but, of course , nothing arrived. Two telephone calls have resulted in the same lack of action with the exception of offering me an extension of subscription which , given the pathetic lack of service is unacceptable, in any case I particularly wanted the February issue. The phones seem to be manned by some remote call centre who aren't in direct touch with IPC. I now wait, as I was requested to do, until mid march when the failure to deliver 3 issues apparently is supposed to trigger some action from IPC subscriptions.
It's not rocket science, since I got the first copy, they have my address.
I strongly regret taking out a long term subscription and would like to advise others of the lack of response they can expect from IPC once they have your money.
Surely taking my money and not providing the goods is to say the least " sharp practice"
bg9208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 11:28   #2

Boat: Astinor 840
Register yourself as a user on Yachting and Boating World forums: Viewing forum: Practical Boat Owner's Reader to Reader and repeat your post.

That will get a VERY fast reaction from IPC.
kindredspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 11:43   #3

PBO subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindredspirit View Post
Register yourself as a user on Yachting and Boating World forums: Viewing forum: Practical Boat Owner's Reader to Reader and repeat your post.

That will get a VERY fast reaction from IPC.
#
Thanks, I've already done that on 24th feb but ----- Strangely enough I am unable to find the post on the forum. Maybe it's just be but can't help being suspicious.

I paid over £200 subscription in November and shortly after received the January cover issue then ---- nothing! After my 4th email and second telephone call, necessary because email replies were automatically generated messages saying "replacement would be sent within 21 days". I was informed that the would take no tracing action until 3 consecutive issues had not been received and that if I had not received any of the outstanding issues by 15th March, call them again. They did question my address but bit pointless as they had actually sent one issue which was received.. I find IPC's attitude to say the least cavalier and would advise others against entering into a long term subscription with them. If I have not received satisfaction by Mid March I shall be writing to their new CEO, Evelyn Webster.
bg9208 is offline   Reply With Quote