Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-12-2012, 19:09   #16

Re: Newtown shooting

(inflammatory post deleted)

God be with those families and friends.
Old 14-12-2012, 19:42   #17

Boat: Ohlson 38

I haven't been so horrified and saddened since 9/11. Why did he have to shoot the little kids, they were little more than babies.

If only there had been a teacher with a firearm available to stop him in time.
Old 14-12-2012, 19:51   #18

Boat: Brayndlmeyer 40 custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia boy View Post
I haven't been so horrified and saddened since 9/11. Why did he have to shoot the little kids, they were little more than babies.

Well said!
Old 14-12-2012, 19:58   #19

Boat: PDQ 32 DogHouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia boy

Amen brother.
Old 14-12-2012, 20:04   #20

Boat: Beneteau 393

All I know for sure is the 20th of this month should be my daughters 24th birthday . However I lost her when she was 4 so I have spent he last twenty years on the holidays and birthdays taking her flowers and wondering what might have been. I will pray tonight for the families as well as the officers that will forever have the visual of those babies in their mind.
May ther be some sort of healing for all involved.....I will go to the cemetery tomorrow and cry for so many and tonight I will also pray for my friends and family both near and far to be ok.
Old 14-12-2012, 20:33   #21
cruiser

Pure evil exists in this world as it demonstrated itself today in the senseless killings of innocent children and adults.

One cannot hide from evil, it cannot be treated as a sickness, it shouldn't be feared, reasoned with, understood or ignored. All good righteous people must confront and fight evil where ever it exists.

The killer today was evil... not his mother, not the gun he used, not his upbringing... the 20 year old s%#t was pure evil... no one else is to blame for his actions. We must all be vigilant to minimize the chance of this happening again, where ever we are in the world.

May the victims rest in peace.
Old 14-12-2012, 21:07   #22

Boat: Privilege 39 Catamaran, Exit Only

I am sure lots of people are going to start home schooling of their children after this incident.

We boat schooled two of our kids when we sailed around the world. My daughter did two years of high school, and my son did three years of high school.

No problem with schools on the seven seas.

Now that my kids are grown up, they will have to decide what they will do with their children.

The torch is passed.
Old 14-12-2012, 21:10   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy30 View Post
A right to bear arms was meant to encompass a musket and powder not the crap available anywhere online today.
Actually the musket was the state of the art at the time; same as used by the continental army. When written our right to bear arms allowed us better arms than used by our military (the rifle).

How would you go about overthrowing a tyrannical government in todays age with a musket?

It's not the gun it's the operator and gun free zones only insure that only the criminals will be armed (look to Mexico).

This kid could with all confidence go today to this school assured he would be unopposed by any person armed with any sort of weapon.

It is impossible to remove the 12 billion firearms and 17 trillion rounds of ammunition from the planet. Embrace them and make sure governments respect their citizens.
Old 14-12-2012, 21:27   #24

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel heart View Post
I try to tell people that the guy did it so that people would talk about it. The quicker it dies in the media (including social), the less fantastic acts like this are, and hopefully the less appealing they are to any other whackjobs.
Seeing how the shooter took his own life at the end I'm not sure that theory holds up. He's certainly not around to hear the talk.

I think, just my opinion of course, that the answers are much more complicated than just seeking attention. How would you explain the guy in China today that knifed 22 kids at a school? Mental illness is becoming epidemic around the world with no cure in sight.
Old 14-12-2012, 21:31   #25

Location: Branched Oak Yacht Club, Wife is an Admiral in the Nebraska Navy
Boat: Clipper Marine 32 CC Aft Cabin Ketch
I apologize for my rant. Mods feel free to erase it. Wish it were so easy to erase events of the day.
Old 14-12-2012, 21:37   #26

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMayo View Post
I apologize for my rant. Mods feel free to erase it. Wish it were so easy to erase events of the day.
Don't worry they are watching you and will if they decide to.
I had better be careful, too.
Old 14-12-2012, 22:25   #27

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
I think this is the 1st time I agree with you 100%...thank you

I think we should regardless of something like this. We are doing our children no favor abandoning them with strangers.
Homeschooling is a great idea if you have that option, but how many kids come from single parent homes today? Take a look at this story and just imagine what kind of kids are going to come out of this environment. Just to give you a taste of the problem 50% of the kids in one county have lost their parents to prescription drug addiction.

Prescription drugs 'orphan' children in eastern Kentucky - CNN.com
Old 14-12-2012, 22:35   #28

Boat: Franz Maas 37

Surely we don't need to discuss this disgraceful act, and others like it, on a forum dedicated to cruising. I vote the thread be locked or removed.
Old 14-12-2012, 22:38   #29

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
The problem here was that the mother failed to secure her firearms to prevent access by an emotionally unstable adult child. First she, and over two dozen others, paid the price for that dereliction.
So inside this house they not only had guns, i.e. two pistols and maybe two rifles, but also battle jackets?

Wow! America must be a very scared nation, what is the perceived threat?

If having the 'right to protect yourself' is the reason for a simple household to have such battle-gear then why do you have so many of these disgusting slaughters of innocent life?

Is something not working?

Blaming the mother for not locking the cupboard? Do you know that was the case?? Our news is limited here.

Such a sad sad end to a very violent year, worldwide!
Old 14-12-2012, 22:52   #30
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzee View Post
Surely we don't need to discuss this disgraceful act, and others like it, on a forum dedicated to cruising. I vote the thread be locked or removed.
Sometimes people just need to vent on a forum like this between friends.

I don’t mind and if it gets silly, I will just ignore and the Mods will close down.

Just a huge ache in my heart for the little ones, whose safety and future, we as adults are obligated to safeguard.

I feel the same way every time I hear of child abuse throughout the world!
Closed Thread