Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2016, 16:25   #46

Send a message via Skype™ to scraw2010
Re: New Power Generator that relies on magnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by four winds View Post
Being openminded, I did look it up. Interesting.

What is your engineer friend's specialty?

Did he say what aspect of the device necessitated the many trial and error efforts?
Hello

He has an associates degree in electrical engineering. The trial and error began under the presumption that magnets used in the device had to be conditioned as stated by Floyd Sweet. That was simply not true as proved by an experimenter named Ashley Grey in New Zealand. She improvised and built a version that was functional. Another challenge was building an oscillator circuit that could generate the proper waveform. This was overcome by following Ashley Gray's results. Finally, a balance between the number of turns and diameter of wire had to be experimented with.

Other than that there is not much more technical stuff involved as the VTA is a simple device. Many people on this forum have trouble trying to figure out how it can generate more output than input. Forget about conventional laws of physics because 1. they are not accurate and 2. the device is not designed to limit the power output, but increase it. Each square centimeter of space contains infinite energy that can be easily harnessed and this has been demonstrated many times in history.
scraw2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 16:53   #47
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraw2010 View Post
Hello

He has an associates degree in electrical engineering. The trial and error began under the presumption that magnets used in the device had to be conditioned as stated by Floyd Sweet. That was simply not true as proved by an experimenter named Ashley Grey in New Zealand. She improvised and built a version that was functional. Another challenge was building an oscillator circuit that could generate the proper waveform. This was overcome by following Ashley Gray's results. Finally, a balance between the number of turns and diameter of wire had to be experimented with.

Other than that there is not much more technical stuff involved as the VTA is a simple device. Many people on this forum have trouble trying to figure out how it can generate more output than input. Forget about conventional laws of physics because 1. they are not accurate and 2. the device is not designed to limit the power output, but increase it. Each square centimeter of space contains infinite energy that can be easily harnessed and this has been demonstrated many times in history.
This is truly amazing. You know a guy with a two year degree that is smarter than Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, Nikola Tesla, et al.

So, please tell me about some of the people and situations where this infinite energy has been harnessed. If it is so easily harnessed and has been done many times in history I really wonder why we aren't all using some of this infinite energy.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 16:58   #48

Boat: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
I don't trust that new crap! If it was good enough for NCC-1701 it's good enough for me
I think she's parked right next to CV-10, some people asking a nuclear wessel nearby, but there are none there anymore.
Caribbeachbum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 17:03   #49

Boat: No more boat (my medical, not the boat's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraw2010 View Post
He has an associates degree in electrical engineering.
For those in other parts of the world, an associates degree is a degree given after two year of study in a California junior college, sometimes called community colleges. I do not know the exact requirements, but it usually mean 60 semester units of study, most of which involve general education classes that would not be related to electrical engineering.

A hundred years ago the guy that supposedly had the machine might have made a fortune selling electrical medical devices that would have supposed cured everything from polio to arthritis to leprosy (same machine for all cures). I'd love to be incorrect and find out it worked, but I will not pin my future to that hope.
Old 01-04-2016, 20:22   #50

Boat: 1971 cal 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosiersailor View Post
Doesn't a solar panel work like that? Especially when mounted to an orbiting satellite
very valid point
first wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 20:55   #51

Boat: 78 Pearson323 Four Winds

Scraw, I was hoping you would say he was a particle physics nerd. And a genius.

Instead of saying the conventional laws of physics aren't accurate, it would better to say that they don't properly describe nature at the quantum level.

I've always found it interesting that the name Maxwell rarely comes to mind as quickly as Newton or Einstein when the short list is written. Even though he was the one to first understand the link between electricity, magnetism, and light. His formulas were the first to combine fundamental forces and began (or energized) the quest for a unified field formula.

Einstein built on Maxwell's work in his theories on relativity.

Marconi understood as well, and ushered in the age of wireless communication.

Imagine what people thought when Marconi said he was going to send voices through the air and be heard around the world. Probably sounded similar to this thread.

As for me, if I had lived in Marconi's day, I would have been the fellow that carried the receiver over the hill to the next valley. And fired the shotgun to signal Marconi that the pulses were received.

As for me, today, I quietly cheer for the physicists at CERN. And the modern day Einstein/Hawken among them. Whomever he or she may be.

And for the modern day Marconi, who may harness the ebb and flow of the Sirac Sea, creating a battery that will run my boat by by harnessing the energy of the flag waving on the stern.

Stranger things have happened.
Old 01-04-2016, 21:16   #52

I first read about something like this several years ago. Here's a link:
The Energy Machine of Joseph Newman

The funny thing is, those physicists who actually spent time with Newman realized after a bit that he was onto something, that Maxwell's theories are taught wrong. There have been machines built that actually work that produce more "work" (power) than is supplied by any power source connected to it. I saw one that used some 9v batteries to get it running and then they were switched out of the circuit and the pump kept running with no external power source connected. Once you grasp the concept of how that can happen it is amazing that the principle hasn't been used more often. It is NOT perpetual motion and it does NOT violate the conservation of energy. One has to understand where the extra energy is coming from and that is what flies in the face of current teaching and makes peoples' heads explode when trying to understand. Again, the learned ones figured out that he was right. It's everyone else who don't get it.

I personally pay only about 13 cents/KWHr total (divide KWHr into the bottom line on the bill) so it isn't worth my time and effort to make a Newman machine. Those that have, however, get work done without consuming power from the utility. Yeah, today is April 1 but I ain't joking with this one. I'll tell the same story any other day. Y'all have fun and enjoy the adult beverages.
trifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 21:20   #53

Boat: Island Packet 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
I don't trust that new crap! If it was good enough for NCC-1701 it's good enough for me
I would not trust that Dilithium stuff for perpetual energy, every two weeks or so Spok was teleporting down to some horrible planet looking for replacements for the cracked crystals. In addition we would have to contribute to interminable threads about red versus blue etc - you think I'm exaggerating have a look at the LiPo threads.
RaymondR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 21:31   #54

Boat: No more boat (my medical, not the boat's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifan View Post
The funny thing is, those physicists who actually spent time with Newman realized after a bit that he was onto something, that Maxwell's theories are taught wrong. There have been machines built that actually work that produce more "work" (power) than is supplied by any power source connected to it. I saw one that used some 9v batteries to get it running and then they were switched out of the circuit and the pump kept running with no external power source connected.
Are you saying the power source such as a 9v battery that remains out of sight does not count?
Old 01-04-2016, 21:49   #55
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

One serious question what is the patent number there is no way IMO anyone would'sak of anything this "big" without covering their interest in the profit margins.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:12   #56
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
I first read about something like this several years ago. Here's a link:
The Energy Machine of Joseph Newman

The funny thing is, those physicists who actually spent time with Newman realized after a bit that he was onto something, that Maxwell's theories are taught wrong. There have been machines built that actually work that produce more "work" (power) than is supplied by any power source connected to it.
Is this the same Joseph Newman whose machine, when tested by independent engineers and scientists was found to NOT produce more power than it was supplied and whose patent was denied?

It is very clear that Joseph Newman is a businessman trying to sell his machine and not some idealist doing research just for the sake of it. 100% absolutely certain that if this thing really worked, patented or not, Newman would be richer than Bill Gates. Even if you ignore "flawed physics", based just on the fact that he cannot manufacture a commercial product even though he submitted a supposedly "working" model for patent 37 years ago certainly indicates to me that it does not work.

Quote:
Once you grasp the concept of how that can happen it is amazing that the principle hasn't been used more often.
Yes it is amazing. So amazing that it demonstrates to me that the "principle" doesn't exist or it would be used, everywhere and all the time.

Quote:
One has to understand where the extra energy is coming from and that is what flies in the face of current teaching and makes peoples' heads explode when trying to understand. Again, the learned ones figured out that he was right. It's everyone else who don't get it.
All the research I've done found zero "learned ones" that believed this nonsense. Newman himself claimed the extra energy came from conversion of some of the mass of the copper into energy but again, independent tests disproved the that the ouput exceeded the input.

One final point, Newman, after his device was proved not functional, refused further examination by independent testers, using only his own "expert" who happened to be an investor in his business.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:24   #57

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Is this the same Joseph Newman whose machine, when tested by independent engineers and scientists was found to NOT produce more power than it was supplied and whose patent was denied?

It is very clear that Joseph Newman is a businessman trying to sell his machine and not some idealist doing research just for the sake of it. 100% absolutely certain that if this thing really worked, patented or not, Newman would be richer than Bill Gates. Even if you ignore "flawed physics", based just on the fact that he cannot manufacture a commercial product even though he submitted a supposedly "working" model for patent 37 years ago certainly indicates to me that it does not work.

Yes it is amazing. So amazing that it demonstrates to me that the "principle" doesn't exist or it would be used, everywhere and all the time.

All the research I've done found zero "learned ones" that believed this nonsense. Newman himself claimed the extra energy came from conversion of some of the mass of the copper into energy but again, independent tests disproved the that the ouput exceeded the input.

So by converting metal mass into energy, the machine itself is disappearing while functioning? Sort of like a battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Sailmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:56   #58

Boat: Teak Yawl, 37'

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Nope, Watts ain't energy. And they are not "usable".
You have set someone up for a "teaching moment" if anyone wants to bother.
LakeSuperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:37   #59
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34

Keeping an open mind, I pondered the question of could one make a solid state generator using magnets.

First of course, all electric power other then PV uses magnetism within a rotating field to produce electron flow. Much in the way the typical alternator takes 4 ah of field current to produce 30, 60 or 100 ah from the alternator. Of course one has to have a driving force to rotate the field polarity, such as via fan belt. So there is no violation to the conservation of energy. The mechanical energy is simply converted in a small part to electricity in the alternator field.

I pondered if one could create a solid state generator, that is no moving parts, perhaps using an oscillating field circuit that would induce a secondary larger voltage. I decided, that while it would be possible to excite electron flow in the secondary winding, there would be no net gain in energy.

So with that thought, I decided that the vacuum triode ( A very simple amplifier, that was replaced by transistors well over 60 years ago), discussed is incapable of accessing zero point energy and would not in any case be able to violate the conservation of energy (which even zero point would not do). Snake oil, by any other name is still snake oil.

And no, there is not infinite energy in a cubic cm of vacuum. Even if it was at the density of a neutron star (the only really solid matter) it would not be infinite.
sailorchic34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:48   #60
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmonkey View Post
So by converting metal mass into energy, the machine itself is disappearing while functioning? Sort of like a battery?
More like a nuclear reaction e=mc2 however no one has yet demonstrated conversion of mass to energy on a small scale. Tests of the device did not show any more energy output than the energy input but I'm sure those tests were conducted by agents of the conspiracy controlled by the big oil and power cartels.

Tags
generator