Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-03-2015, 09:53   #1

New Pirate threat. .. uninvited bording

It is getting dangerous out there. Now pirates are resorting to incredible lengths to disguise themselves as the jump aboard unsuspecting boats. This is frightening.

GoingWalkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 09:58   #2
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: New Pirate threat. .. uninvited bording

ROFLMAO...

BOO...!!!

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 10:09   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time
Re: New Pirate threat. .. uninvited bording

Going Walkabout, please give us some evidence. Links to news articles or first person reports would be appreciated. You are always trying to spread fear amongst the group but you very seldom, if ever, back up your posts with evidence.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 10:44   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

I dont think anyone is trying to spread fear as much as notice that the **** is going to hit the fan in a more personal way than in the past and if only we would do some research in the right direction we would all be enlightened..Some crazy bunch of western hating SOBs recently said that the Mediterranean would fill with the blood of the infidels..Watch what happens with the security personal in that area of the world from here forward or just call and ask them what they think about people sailing around with no fear and or indifference to the global threat assessments being blasted from every direction...Or as has been stated several times already google US State depts . travel advisories..No one wants to come across as a war monger or a person that spreads fear of wars I think this person is just concerned for his fellow sailors safety..Ignorance is bliss reality is real..
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 11:09   #5

Boat: 2017 Jeanneau 519

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
I dont think anyone is trying to spread fear as much as notice that the **** is going to hit the fan in a more personal way than in the past and if only we would do some research in the right direction we would all be enlightened..Some crazy bunch of western hating SOBs recently said that the Mediterranean would fill with the blood of the infidels..Watch what happens with the security personal in that area of the world from here forward or just call and ask them what they think about people sailing around with no fear and or indifference to the global threat assessments being blasted from every direction...Or as has been stated several times already google US State depts . travel advisories..No one wants to come across as a war monger or a person that spreads fear of wars I think this person is just concerned for his fellow sailors safety..Ignorance is bliss reality is real..
I had to look up contradictions and this post came up. Lol. Not spreading fear but spreading non factual piracy claims on a public board. He knows he's doing it but he is ignorant to it. Right.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
scuba0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 11:13   #6

Boat: Skookum 53'

boarding
Old 17-03-2015, 11:28   #7

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Some places are getting better. There has not been one piracy attempt this year near Somalia. West Africa is getting shittier.
https://icc-ccs.org/piracy-reporting...ive-piracy-map
Old 17-03-2015, 11:33   #8
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba0_1 View Post
I had to look up contradictions and this post came up. Lol. Not spreading fear but spreading non factual piracy claims on a public board. He knows he's doing it but he is ignorant to it. Right.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
I understood what he meant as I had read a story/link that was posted on CF. I could see where the uninitiated(the people that didn't read the link) would have a problem with the reading of the post..Why am I talking for this guy? I don't know!
Old 17-03-2015, 11:37   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Walkabout View Post
It is getting dangerous out there. Now pirates are resorting to incredible lengths to disguise themselves as the jump aboard unsuspecting boats. This is frightening.

The OP linked the video as an image...

As you can see, having a gun onboard was ineffective in this piracy act
Old 17-03-2015, 11:39   #10
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
Some places are getting better. There has not been one piracy attempt this year near Somalia. West Africa is getting shittier.
https://icc-ccs.org/piracy-reporting...ive-piracy-map
Those little flags had the straights of Malacca(sp?) clogged..Pirates everywhere!(or at least crazy people).
Old 17-03-2015, 11:40   #11
cruiser

Boat: Ebbtide 33' steel cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post

BOO...!!!

WHaaa.... no,,, gerroff!!!!

oh.

You really had me going there, thats not funny!

conachair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 11:43   #12
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Well.. now I'm really worried.. my boats in Malta and to get it to Portugal I have to sail right through 'Immigrant Alley'..
You live on in NC with blissfull ignorance and I'll make yet another trip through waters infested by Levantine pirates and water winged Jihadi Johns..
Sheesh.. you got a GOP bullshite contract or summat..
When was the last time a yacht was attacked in the Med..? apart from Israeli Special Forces beating up innocents..

Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 17-03-2015, 11:47   #13
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post

The OP linked the video as an image...

As you can see, having a gun onboard was ineffective in this piracy act
Great disguise.. He totally wiped out any trace of having lived in Minneapolis!!
Old 17-03-2015, 11:49   #14
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Walkabout musta seen this...

Old 17-03-2015, 11:51   #15

Quote:
Wow! You got all of that out of this?
Quote:
That's amazing! Your powers of comprehension are bordering on psychic!
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote