Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 17:17   #16
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cabo Rico 38
Re: Misadventures of Rewiring a Pocket Cruiser

Everything has its place and time working on boats is not a place and time for phones.One of my biggest issues with employes cell ph usage,they always stated what if there is an emergency,my answer we have a switchboard.One day looking over a real cell phone abuser I,saw the notes she was taking, Bread ice cream but the one that got me was RUM.I,banned all cell phones from entering the work place,including my own.Never carry it while working on the boat,just check it every so often for messages.Without a doubt the most conveient thing ever invented,except GPS.
casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 23:29   #17

Boat: 1984 Johnson Boatworks Inland Scow, 20' and a 1975 sailMFG Bandit 19 Pocket Cruiser

I run multiple forums......I'm a consultant in Social Media, and that supports my boating habit. Sometimes I work 20 hours a month, sometimes 20 hours in 10 hours. It can get fun if I have 5 or 6 of the 30 forums I Admin all go down at one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
Which means you are too busy........................

Making money?

If so hire some of that out. Think if the respect you will get from others that observe you sitting with a drink in your hand while the hired help are upside down in your bilge. They will respect you more.

PS.

I know what it is like being on call 24/7. Can't go anywhere without it attached - toilet, shower, no where. Last week it was yard work. Got so sweaty the phone got wet with sweat. Toast. Weakling, pansy, sissy things they are.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:47   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 1984 Catalina 22, 2005 Carolina Skiff 24, 1989 BW Outrage 19, BW SS 15

This week I was checking the cables on the Edson steering, upside down in the lazarette and seeing the miles of neatly bundled brilliant white marine wiring going in every direction felt like kissing the deck in joy because the PO had completely and professionally rewired the boat, one of the most under-rated upgrades a boat can have. I hate cell phones, I guess I wore a beeper for too many years back in the day, and tried going without one for two months earlier this year- it was paradise but the kids and gf went nuts and insisted I get another one. It's a modern day addiction, especially checking your email every ten minutes with a smart phone. Bleh.
Azul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruiser