Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 16:57   #1

marriage over the long haul, funny story

The following story is absolutely true, and I'm not even going to change the names.

An old friend of mine is a master machinist and he used to own Ultramax, making chrome moly parts for BMX bikes. His name is Don and his wife is Diane. They're both still very much in love and real sweethearts to everyone.

Don still tinkers around and makes custom parts for friends. One of his friends is Gary, a very wealthy developer who owns 2 Skaters. I believe the double engine one is about 42' long with something like 3600 hp, he keeps it at Lake Havasu. The other one is a little larger, triple engine one, well over 4,000 hp and he keeps it at his condo in Newport Beach.

Gary commissioned Don to build him a custom billet aluminum mount for his HD action cam to fit on his boat. Don finished it one morning and told Diane that he was going over to Gary's house to deliver the part. Don got there and Gary said, "Let's go put it on and try it out." Don figured they would get in his small plane and fly to Lake Havasu for a quick install and short run.

Instead, Gary flew them all the way from Tucson to the FBO near Newport Beach and they hopped into one of his cars and drove over to the condo. It has a huge boat slip for a garage. They installed the camera mount and fired up the 3 engines and warmed them up. Gary said, "I know a great place for lunch!" and they took off, hitting 178 mph between Newport Beach and Catalina Island. Don said it only took about 15 min or less to get there. They pulled up to the dock and tied up. They went to a very nice restaurant for lunch.

They got back into the boat and blasted back to Newport, hitting every 3rd or 4th wave at close to 180 mph again. They parked the boat, locked up and drove back to the FBO and flew back to Tucson in time for dinner. Don got home and Diane asked, "How was your day, dear?"

So Don proceeds to tell her everything above, but in even greater detail. After letting him finish his story, she finally said, "Don, if you don't want to tell me what you and Gary did all day today, that's fine, but you don't have to make up some sort of crazy story to get me to leave you alone!!"

LOL
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fun, funny