Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2016, 08:25   #1

Boat: TBD
Living your Adventure

This morning I read something in a farewell message that I felt like sharing, don't ask me why. I hope no one finds this post gloomy, I don't see death that way anymore.

This man, Gaston, died at the age of 70 from cancer and someone posted 7 or 8 paragraphs about his life. It was the last paragraph that got me. I found this very inspiring. Thought a group of sailors, out there living life, would appreciate the sentiment.

"Gaston always had a great joy and zest for life, and was able to impart this enthusiasm to others. He was extremely generous with his time and life, and extended his friendship to all. A friend who was sitting with him two weeks before he died heard him say in the midst of great pain 'What an adventure!'. "
m2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:33   #2

Boat: Lagoon 420
Re: Living your Adventure

It's not about the destination, it's about the journey. Enjoy every day!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is you know - it's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs. But what a ship is...really is, is freedom. ~Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow
krafthaus is offline   Reply With Quote