Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2011, 05:02   #121

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
Re: In the VI's, how lucky do I have to be to get lucky?

I know that young lady at the bar at Puerto Blanco marina in Luperon - she is definitely not available for anything other than getting another Presidente across the bar counter.
- - Where the young lassies are in the Dominican Republic is in the villages up in the hills. In a 3rd World country like the D.R. and a lot of the Spanish Central/South American countries the poor are really poor - although food and shelter is available to everybody at fabulously low prices. [one reason the under $500/mo guys flock to these places] And the "rich" are really not that rich - it is the wide disparity between the two groups that makes the situation stand out.
- - Females are an excess commodity of a society where even young men have trouble finding what jobs there are. In areas other than the big cities, young women have only have future career opportunities by working in "car washes" [hint: they don't clean your automobile there] or as wives. This along can make a lot of 1st world men get turned off by such countries after the initial novelty has worn off.
- - But as to getting "Lucky" it is more of a case of fending them off. Most of us use motor bikes to get around the country-side as the roads are not the best. In the country villages you will see mothers sitting on their stoops or porches and if you stop for any reason they will beckon you over or come out to greet you and start introducing you to their "excess" daughters in the hopes you will take one away with you. The sales techniques employed are humorous if not shocking for a Catholic country.
- - Anyway, what is even more interesting is that the country is very "family-orientated" and that "busty babe" that rode off with you will soon have you back visiting her family and "helping out" with your wallet alleviating some of their poverty. You are heartily welcomed into the extended "family" of parents, children, grandparents, aunts and uncles, etc. For lonely older men this can be a blessing and enjoyable as they go from years of being alone to having a thriving extended family around them depending upon them. Not to mention the "babe" taking care of their every wish. As to the costs, think of it as "foreign aid with benefits."
osirissail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 05:19   #122

Boat: 1978 Marine Trader 36

Not to mention the "babe" taking care of their every wish. As to the costs, think of it as "foreign aid with benefits."[/QUOTE]

Now that's funny.
Old 22-03-2011, 06:44   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucy Sailoress View Post
The bar-tender, the perfectly chilled beer, or both?
Up to you, however when you have finished one it may give you a slight headache.
The other may stalk you until you leave...
caveat emptor.
AllezCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 06:50   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Two would be better (for anti-Piracy reasons ).
there you go - her workmate...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1335.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	25382  
AllezCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 07:40   #125

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: In the VI's, how lucky do I have to be to get lucky?

This Luperon discussion got me wondering about that bartender's plans for the near future. I waited for Gord to provide a link, then went agoogling myself. I need the exercise.

At POP Report I found a worthwhile article. An interesting factoid is that "nightclub" in Luperonese likely means brothel. Sailors are born with this knowledge of course. And, ahem, this is the place to buy good beer relatively inexpensively. It's the litttle things that make life pleasant. Think: excess daughters. Or car washes for motorscooters. Or cheap cold beer. Now combine them. That's what I'm talking about. However, there's the "thorny path" thingy to consider which is why I advocate condoms for active men.

It's probably easier to just go to Ft. Meyers Beach, although now that Captain virginia boy told everybody, it may be tough to find swinging room. Anyone have the GPS numbers for the anchorage? We can't buy paper charts anymore I heard. Guess I need a GPS too. I have a sextant but mostly because I like the way it's spelled.

I guess I'll need to start my own thread on this as I abhor a drifting thread as much as a submerged container, but I've heard that the US is now spending 300 mil a week doing some damn thing in Libya. I say the money would be better spent building a bridge from Miami to Luperon. This could allow marginal vagabonds like myself to find Luperon easier. Marina sailors could truck their weekend retreats to Luperon. Older male retirees could also drive their motorhomes there solving the excess daughter problem. Everybody wins.

Yes I do own a motorhome. Why do you ask?
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 12:53   #126

Boat: Islander Freeport 41' Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgzzzz View Post
Guess I need a GPS too. I have a sextant but mostly because I like the way it's spelled.
Good stuff, Tgzzzz. I also like the way you spell your name. I might change mine... How does Tgxxxx sound?
ty.gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 16:39   #127

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: In the VI's, how lucky do I have to be to get lucky?

wish I'd thought of it. 3 xs are all ya need
Can't even feel em

fun thread
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 17:08   #128

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty.gregory View Post
Moderators? We love our beautiful Moderators. They are awesome.

We are by ourselves here people!

I am amazed there's been no looting...

Looting?? Ahhh yes LOOTING....

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 17:35   #129

Boat: Islander Freeport 41' Ketch

Uncle Bob, now I have to explaine something here. Remember in that old movie with Humphery Bogart and the banditos show up, and the one with the gold hat says, and I quote: "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!" Well, I was using that quote, and I was saying: "Moderators? We don't need no stinkin'--" And guess who showed up out of thin air? You guessed it. Ruined my whole joke... Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water.
ty.gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 18:40   #130

Boat: no longer on my Cabo Rico 38 Sanderling
Send a message via MSN to John A

When I arrived in Trinidad the first time, I met a 81 year old former singlerhandler in the process of saleing his beautiful Hans Cristain sailboat, to move ashore and support his new young wife, there newborn infant, her six year old son, and her mother.

Be very careful what you dream for.
John A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 19:58   #131

Boat: Island Packet 380

Being an attractive (non-Harley riding) sailing (but married) woman, I will reserve comment, however this is the funniest damn thread I have ever read.
Old 24-03-2011, 12:32   #132

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ocean Star 56.1 LR

Dear ty.gregory,

do not let this bunch of pessimists discourage You! Never!

When I met my Admiral first time, I was 49 and She was 22. So, as You can easily calculate, I was 2.23 times older than She. From this time we are living and sailing together really happily. The only one thing has changed: now I'm 56 and She is 29. It is obvious than I'm now only 1.93 times older than She...

As You see there are only two possibilities:
  1. Difference in age diminishes with the flow of time
  2. Women are advancing in age at higher rate than we do
Whatever is the truth, You should remember to look around for the possibly youngest girl - at least if You want to retain some age advantage for a reasonable time.

By the way I must admit that my Admiral is most attractive (definitely not Harley riding - she prefer fastest bike possible) and briliantly intelligent female, never in need to transfer from the third world deficiences to the glamour of more developed countries...

You do know... Everything is easy for motor boaters... All they need is sleeky, really fast boat, with as big sunbathing mattress on the foredeck as possible. There will be always a long queue of beatiful girls just dying for the opportunity to play Paris Hilton alter ego on this mattress...
We, common sail boaters have only one consolation - the girls from this mattress are very rarely as extremely intelligent as Paris Hilton appears to be...

So, time for my small secret I want to share (strictly confidentially) with You.
For us - sailing cruisers - Size Does Matter ! ! !

You just can not limit Your search to the sailing women. Sailors are only marginal percentage of the community, and it is quite obvious that sailing women are even thinner piece of the cake. And most of them is attached to somebody, as was pointed out before. Did You ever give a think - why?
It is as simple as construction of the flail. When You show the average young, pretty and nice girl to the average sailboat, she will tell You: "Oh, oh, no, no! It is so SMALL! It is impossible! There is no place for anything there! How You can live IN THIS SMALL THING!!!" You will be happy if she wouldn't burst into tears, really.

So - Size Does Matter ! ! !

When I realized this simple truth I made a bold move and went for 50 footer. The results were miraculous really... So my intimate life has improved that shortly after I traded up for 54 footer and this was the beginning of Eden. Short timed Eden, by the way, as I met Admiral next year and promptly transferred myself into other kind of heaven...
But for one season at least I felt better than a motor boater, with the girls queueing for the berth...
I cruised Cyclades with six girls aboard... O.K. - they were not all perfect of course... Two would better fit to the mattress on the convertible foredeck... One was very pretty and bisexual, but another was her jealous lesbian friend... One was desperately looking for husband... But at least one was really fine! You know - You need to make the thorough survey and comparative analysis if You want to find real gem.

O.K. - You can tell that GOING BIG mean huge investement. I understand this point of view. But on the other hand...
Investing in the boat means investment in the asset being the vital piece of infrastructure for real cruiser. For me it is more reasonable to invest in the vital infrastructure than in the woman - at least in the woman in the early stage of relationship...
Do You know what is the difference between infrastructure and (some) women? When State of Alaska invest in infrastructure, ther is not present and imminent danger of State of Alabama using said infrastructure for its own purposes...

So GO BIG, ty.gregory, GO BIG ! ! !

Only one thing is strange for me...
I met my dearest Admiral just in the bar. In Warsaw, not at the seaside...
And She was not queueing for my boat...

Anyway - GO BIG ! ! ! ! !
DoubleWhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 12:45   #133
Armchair Bucketeer

Over here I am usually fightin' em off with this:-

When I am not using it for navigational purposes.

Just sayin'
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 12:59   #134
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Over here I am usually fightin' em off with this:-

When I am not using it for navigational purposes.

Just sayin'
which one works best the pen or the stick?
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 13:03   #135

Boat: Nordhavn 5740

moderators, HELP! can we more this to the joke thread? enough is enough!