Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-02-2007, 10:06   #1

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"
I must have blinked...

I was wading through the dreck in the flying pig thread to suss out relevant details and updates on the boat and owners. Now I can't find it. Did the dreck overcome the usefulness of the thread?

Mark
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 10:11   #2
Armchair Bucketeer

I think it has "dissapeared".

To some degree I can understand why (Scabs don't tend to improve from picking at 'em ), but I would have preffered a closing post from a Moderator and then the thread only locked rather than making a Thread dissapear.........
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 10:14   #3
Building a Bateau TW28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bateau TW28 Long Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj
I was wading through the dreck in the flying pig thread to suss out relevant details and updates on the boat and owners. Now I can't find it. Did the dreck overcome the usefulness of the thread?

Mark
Mark

Things were getting a little out of hand so I quarantined it pending Administrator review. I exchanged PM's with "bottleinamessage" & "skipgundlach" as well as a backroom discussion with Sully. PM me if you want more details.

Rick
knottybuoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 10:37   #4

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"
No details necessary - I'm just a passenger here and leave the operations to you guys. I will get the details and updates from another forum. Too bad, though. This forum used to be one of the most level and upstanding of the bunch (Bumfuzzle not withstanding). Shame on those who made cause for the removal.

Mark

BTW Rick, I'm surprised you were able to rise enough to quarantine the thread given that I thought you would be a bloated, burping bag after all the beer and popcorn you were consuming! (or was that another thread?)
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 10:41   #5
Building a Bateau TW28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bateau TW28 Long Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj
BTW Rick, I'm surprised you were able to rise enough to quarantine the thread given that I thought you would be a bloated, burping bag after all the beer and popcorn you were consuming! (or was that another thread?)
Diet soda and popcorn (no butter). Watchin' my calories & carbs (diabetic).

Wish I didn't have to do it but there weren't any admins present so the play in the sandbox was getting a little rough. The three principles weren't too broken up over it and are kind of relieved it's gone. If there was anything specific that you need just ask.

See what happens when the adults are away and leave us unsupervised!!
knottybuoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 10:46   #6
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
wow it must have took a real down turn sice I was on it this morning,
I hope its put back up, as there was some useful info there
Ram
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 11:04   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to bvimatelot Send a message via Skype™ to bvimatelot
Oh, Bother! I didnt even start to read it so now I dont know what anyone is talking about Tony
bvimatelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 11:53   #8

Boat: 1964 Pearson Ariel 'Faith' / Pearson 424, sv Emerald Tide
See the outcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottybuoyz
Mark

Things were getting a little out of hand so I quarantined it pending Administrator review. I exchanged PM's with "bottleinamessage" & "skipgundlach" as well as a backroom discussion with Sully. PM me if you want more details.

Rick
See the outcome ==>here<==.
s/v 'Faith' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 22:13   #9
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
Hi folks, I have just got back from 3 days sailing. So I missed all the action. But with the others in the team, I am trying to help pull all the pieces back together.
Knottybouyz did the right thing in pulling the thread. When all the team is back we will discuss what happend and work foreard as to what to do and also learn from the experiance so as we can perhaps try and cope better next time. I imagine we will cut all the "off topic" part of that thread and reinstate it.
I do ask for a bit of maturity in situations like this. None of us like being run down and so when some topic is looking like it is heading south (down the gurgler or what ever, just refrain from posting an even worse slap back. Please understand and have faith that behind the scenes we maybe dealing with the issue privately. In this instance, Monday morning before I left, I had actually suggested to Sean to back away as it would all go to custard. He was holding back well till something was said and in he lept. Whether is reply was warranted or not is not the real point, he was rightfully trying to justify himself when others were bringing him down. Hey the same can be said in reverse and no one deserves that nor needs that on what ever side of a discussion ones want to take.
I do hope Sully returns and I thank all that have made a comment that have asked him to stay.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 22:39   #10

I suppose I should have seen it coming. Discussions involving Bentham rarely end well....
N.M.I.ke is offline   Reply With Quote