Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-08-2009, 11:34   #1

I Find Myself a Sailor in Need of a Small Bit of Help

Hello all,

I find myself a sailor in need of a small bit of help.

It's been some time since we have been active posting on the board. You might remember, we were full time cruising in Mexico on our Nor'Sea 27 when we found out our son was murdered. Today is the one year anniversary of his death.

Two guys were caught and have admitted to the brutal murder. Without a small bit of help, one of them is likely to only get 15 years!

I would like to ask anyone reading this to please take a moment, go to a new page we just posted and if you feel it appropriate, send an email for us. We need the email to get to us before September 10.

The web page is - Aaron's Murder

Thank you in advance

Greg, Jill, Ralph and Brandon

Delezynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 11:59   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
So sorry for your loss.
regards
Old 28-08-2009, 12:47   #3

Boat: Privilege 37
I feel for your loss and understand your anger. You have my absolute sympathy.

However, the people who were responsible have been caught and sentenced to substantially more than would be the case in UK. Your anger at the reduced sentence of one of them is a big concern. Everytime you think of your son, you are probably getting angry. You need to put this behind you (however hard this is) and get back to celebrating his life rather than remembering with anger.

You probably did not want to hear this, and may even be angry with me for writing it, but do you intend to remain angry for the rest of your life?
Old 28-08-2009, 13:01   #4

Talbot,

I am not angry for your thoughts. Quite the contrary, I always like to get other opinions. I have traveled extensively and know that there are many other legal systems. Some better than the one in the US, some not.

I just find it hard to understand how a person can do what he did, then get out after only 15 years. Our son will NEVER come home, I will NEVER hear his voice, we will NEVER again be able to sail together.

As I write this, we have a candle burning and we are glad of the time we had with Aaron. We just wish we had more of it.

Am I angry at the guys who did this? YOU BET YOUR $#@*&&^% I am!

They took our son out into the desert, got him out of his car and shot him in the back of the head, then covered up the body in a ditch. What would the sentencing be in the UK for this type of a brutal slaying.

Greg
Old 28-08-2009, 16:21   #5

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
I would suggest that you need to go sailing in the Caribbean or someplace outside the USA for a year or two. Maybe connecting with the simple joys of the natives down here and the absolutely verdant garden islands can help you re-center and get in touch with the "good" that the world outside has to offer. To be a bit more brutal - maybe - get out of the "insane asylum of the USA" for a while. Sitting on top of volcanic mountains and hiking on the rain forests can really change your prospective.
osirissail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 17:17   #6

Osirissail,

When this took place, we were out cruising in the Sea of Cortez (full time for over 4 years). We were VERY happy and very pleased with life in general. Our son's murder jerked us out of the cruising life. Take a look at our web site at: www.svguenevere.com. We hope to get back to some type of cruising once this is put in order.

Until the sentencing is done, we are here to try to represent our son. We have learned that the judicial system is NOT about the victim or the victims rights!

Greg

Old 28-08-2009, 17:45   #7

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers. Thank you for your efforts for more education and awareness about victim's rights (or lack there of). I will be sending you an email of support.
God bless,
Erika

PS great pictures
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 18:01   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
The entire mod team sympathizes greatly with the Delezynski family and in the interest of taking care of our own support this thread.

We'd just offer a gentle reminder not to let this thread devolve into a judicial system or political system discussion, but rather stick to its purpose of supporting the family.

Our deepest sympathies for your loss.
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 18:17   #9

Ex-Calif and all of the Mod team,

Than you for your support!

Greg, Jill, Ralph and Brandon, and I am sure, Aaron also.
Old 28-08-2009, 18:17   #10

My heart breaks for you. As the mother of 4 adult children and 19 grandchildren, I , too, have had a child experience the brutality of another and be failed by our justice system. My child did not die; but, he has had to live with the reality of it every day of his life. And, as his parents, we have suffered and grieved with him and for him. In our case, the police failed us completely, and the perpetrator, who we knew well, was never arrested or prosecuted. Almost 25 years have passed, and time has given us the knowledge that we can go on. But, our family was changed forever, as yours has been. I say all of this to let you know that I support you in your quest for justice for your son. Be his voice; let him be heard. Champion his cause. Do everything within your power until you have no more choices. I believe that your actions can actually be a healing force that will keep you from being overcome with bitterness and depression. When all is said and done, whatever the outcome, you can then return to your life, and be at peace, knowing you had given Aaron everything you could. He deserved that.

Anne
annegibsonwaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 20:16   #11

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
Delezynski
- - I thoroughly agree and my heart aches for your loss and although I have had somewhat similar circumstances - But - in no way as tragic and horrifying as yours - I found getting back on the oceans and islands was my best cure.
- - Sometimes life just sucks the big one. But then the years of good times and experiences you have had can help provide some limited balance in that not all the world sucks. All us cruisers have had many good, great, and downright wonderful experiences that many, many others have never had.
- - I, and probably many others, have had periods of time when we think this existence to just not worth it - but then we remember the "good times" and pull back into the reality that "good times" will again come around.
- - And I have cruising friends who have lost children in the most senseless ways but after attending to the necessary requirements and the details that must be finished - then move on and get back to living good lives again.
- - Venting your anger and frustrations is good and constructive because even if all you can do is to save maybe one other "somebody's" son from a similar fate then there is some small compensation for your tragedy. IMHO, those who meekly accept the injustice only perpetuate the injustices. Those that stand up and scream and do something - that it looks to me you are doing - then something good may be done.
- - I was only suggesting in my earlier post that after the necessary things are finished, you get back out "there" and recharge your souls/spirits with the healing powers of sailing the oceans and islands.
osirissail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 23:51   #12

Boat: Privilege 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delezynski View Post
Talbot,
They took our son out into the desert, got him out of his car and shot him in the back of the head, then covered up the body in a ditch. What would the sentencing be in the UK for this type of a brutal slaying.
Greg
For the one who did not pull the trigger, probably about 12 years and out on parole in less than 10 (yes I know it sucks) (I m guessing here as this sort of crime is very uncommon in UK)
Old 29-08-2009, 06:44   #13

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Quote:
For the one who did not pull the trigger, probably about 12 years and out on parole in less than 10 (yes I know it sucks) (I m guessing here as this sort of crime is very uncommon in UK)
We can't keep these bad things from happening, but we can at least voice our outrage and demand justice. The cruising community is a family, and this is what families do in time of crisis - help.
Sent that email, put me on your email list, be glad to help more.

Erika
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 11:32   #14

Whatever happens, don't let the bad guys win. As soon as you feel able, get back out there - that's what your son would want you to do.

Best wishes

Keith
ColdFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 10:09   #15

Thank you guys for the words of encouragement!

We do plan to get back out sailing and cruising. But we are aware that it will NEVER be the same for us. We were cruising full time and having the kids visit us when they could. BUT we think that our future cruising will be more on the part time basis. Spending more time with our remaining sons.

Once again, thank you for your words and emails.

Greg, Jill, Ralph, and Brandon