Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2014, 09:05   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetsailing3 View Post
C'mon. The title to the thread is "How to sneak into beach resorts".

It's like amateur con man night. Stealing a swim and a shower isn't a felony, but you know it's not the right thing to do, right? What if I come to your house for drinks, and take a shower without asking you?

It's not really even a grey area, is it?
It's more like stealing a swim from a yacht club and using their shower. Your not hurting anyone.
Actually it's more like me using your neighbors beach house's pool and using their outdoor shower to wash off. I'm not throwing a kegger, just keeping cool.
But I agree with tipping the help better than you normally would if staying at the resort.
Old 16-01-2014, 09:18   #137

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: How to sneak into beach resorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastlife247 View Post
It's more like stealing a swim from a yacht club and using their shower. Your not hurting anyone. ...
Heh. I think it might be more like drawing your salary at work while playing on the internet. Net result: a hundred or two taken right off yer company's profit line.

No harm done, amirite?

(Hey L-E, thanks for that "amirite" usage. I love it!)
Old 16-01-2014, 09:23   #138

Re: How to sneak into beach resorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Heh. I think it might be more like drawing your salary at work while playing on the internet. Net result: a hundred or two taken right off yer company's profit line.

No harm done, amirite?

Truth, if there were work to be done, I sure would. However, there is not.
But I don't come to your corner and tell you how to do your jobs.
Old 16-01-2014, 10:49   #139
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Quote:
Your not hurting anyone.
Yes you are. You are stealing.

People like you, and the others in this thread who have admitted it, are not welcome on my boat, nor in my life.

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
Old 16-01-2014, 10:54   #140

Boat: Haven't seen it yet. Bought on Ebay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab

No harm done, amirite?

Well using that logic I guess the hot water thief is providing local employment by causing the need for heavily armed security guards.
Shoot to kill.
Old 16-01-2014, 10:55   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ

People like you, and the others in this thread who have admitted it, are not welcome on my boat, nor in my life.
Obviously. They would steal you hot water.
Old 16-01-2014, 10:56   #142
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: How to sneak into beach resorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post

****... and I was so looking forward to drinking your Mount Gay when you went up to investigate a noise I'd made up..

Prefer Havana Club.. but doubt you'd stock that..

It was a dark and stormy night and the captain of the ship said.. "Hey Jim, spin us a yarn." and the yarn began like this.. "It was a dark and stormy night.."
Old 16-01-2014, 11:06   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Your Opinion is noted, and Im not sure I would come aboard your ship or want to be part of your life.(I'm sure your usually a nice guy but I don't swing that way) But is it really hurting one of these lavish resorts I'm assuming we're talking about? I'm not even talking about pocketing the shampoos and conditioner bottles just using a freaking pool.
If the owner of the hotel is really stingy enough to try and prosecute you for using the pool or outdoor shower, then he is most likely a grade A douche get it as in "ducharme"
Old 16-01-2014, 11:34   #144
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

Quote:
Your Opinion is noted, and Im not sure I would come aboard your ship or want to be part of your life.(I'm sure your usually a nice guy but I don't swing that way) But is it really hurting one of these lavish resorts I'm assuming we're talking about? I'm not even talking about pocketing the shampoos and conditioner bottles just using a freaking pool.
If the owner of the hotel is really stingy enough to try and prosecute you for using the pool or outdoor shower, then he is most likely a grade A douche get it as in "ducharme"
He, and a lot of others, would feel the same way about folks using his facilities for free that others have paid for. Keeping the riff raff out would be the reason,, but sometimes does not work, obviously. You should get thrown out, heavily.

Coops.
Old 16-01-2014, 11:45   #145

Boat: Catalina 30

Quote:
Wow. first off making a gay joke that's really classy. Good on you for going there.

Second it has nothing to do with taking a physical piece of property. Someone other than you paid for the property, the pool, the employees salary, the building materials and so on. In return for having spent that money he is going to charge money if you want to use those facilities he provided. It is still stealing if you sneak in. Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is looking. Obviously you have none.
Old 16-01-2014, 11:48   #146

I once got stuck at London Gatwick for 10 hours. When I asked at the Crowne Plaza it was 10 pounds for a day pass to the health club (pool, hot tub, sauna) A pair of trunks from an airport shop, and the day passed quite pleasantly.
Old 16-01-2014, 11:53   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherocks83 View Post
Wow. first off making a gay joke that's really classy. Good on you for going there.

Second it has nothing to do with taking a physical piece of property. Someone other than you paid for the property, the pool, the employees salary, the building materials and so on. In return for having spent that money he is going to charge money if you want to use those facilities he provided. It is still stealing if you sneak in. Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is looking. Obviously you have none.
It was a gay joke. But not a negative gay joke. I only said that I am not.
And ok, I have no integrity because I went in hotel pools over spring break.
As I said tip employees well, don't break anything or be the "riff raff" loud obnoxious people in the pool. Just keep to yourself and you'll be fine.
Despite the many people who obviously disagree with me, I'm sure you'll still get into heaven.
Just don't be an ahole, most people don't like them.
Old 16-01-2014, 11:56   #148

The moral outrage in this thread has provided me with abundant amusement. Forget genocide, human trafficking, global cooling, and a host of other things. These poor resorts must be protected from the horrific treatment of these hot water stealing thugs.
The bottom line is that a good manager would likely invite the OP in knowing he will sell them a few drinks. A manager that would get his towel in a wad would be unable to keep his clientele happy anyway, and will be replaced or go under.
For the morally outraged I am guessing none of you work in hospitality. Giving someone a free shower would be a form of hospitality. BUT please continue with the outrage. It is most amusing!
Old 16-01-2014, 13:01   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanathon View Post
The moral outrage in this thread has provided me with abundant amusement. Forget genocide, human trafficking, global cooling, and a host of other things. These poor resorts must be protected from the horrific treatment of these hot water stealing thugs.
This shouldn't rise to the level of moral outrage, but that doesn't make it right.

Resorts make a living by offering a pampered lifestyle for a week, for those who can afford that kind of treatment. That's what they sell. So to pop by for a shower or a dip in the pool without permission is a form of theft.

If you have to "sneak" to do it, you and I both know that it's not right.

You're right, it's not genocide, but nobody is calling for capital punishment here; they're pointing out that this isn't polite behavior.
Old 16-01-2014, 13:03   #150

Quote:
It's more like stealing a swim from a yacht club and using their shower. Your not hurting anyone.
Actually it's more like me using your neighbors beach house's pool and using their outdoor shower to wash off. I'm not throwing a kegger, just keeping cool.
But I agree with tipping the help better than you normally would if staying at the resort.
In most places, swimming in my neighbor's pool is considered trespassing, and they will put you in jail for it.
Closed Thread