Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2014, 06:01   #121
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: How to sneak into beach resorts

This thread reminds me of the old David Niven and... I think it was Errol Flynn.. trick when they were starving actors in New York...
They'd find a really busy restaurant then David would go in and sit at a table.. order a coffee and doughnut then open his paper and start reading... after flirting outrageously with the waitress..
His accomplice would then enter.. asks if he could share the table and when the waitress comes over he'd order a meal... as the waitress brought the meal to the table Niven would ask for another coffee.. with more flirting... she'd bring the coffee, adjust his check and Niven would return to his paper...
Errol meanwhile is quietly eating his meal.. as soon as he's finished he picks up Nivens check and pays for 2 coffee's and a doughnut on his way out...
5 minutes later Niven folds his paper.. finishes his coffee and picks up the check and goes to the till.. big scene when he discovers that his bill is 3-4 times the cost it should be...
Waitress is summoned and she confirms the charming English guy only had coffee and a doughnut.. abject apologies.. possible date set up with waitress and off he goes... further down the street he meets up with Errol and they go to another restraint where David gets his meal while Errol has the coffee and doughnut...
You should read The Moons a Balloon and Bring on the Empty Horses... great read...

It was a dark and stormy night and the captain of the ship said.. "Hey Jim, spin us a yarn." and the yarn began like this.. "It was a dark and stormy night.."
Old 16-01-2014, 06:05   #122
S/V rubber ducky

Boat: Hunter 410
Re: How to sneak into beach resorts

must have been practice for his later role as Robin Hood
Old 16-01-2014, 06:23   #123
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastlife247 View Post
I've read dozens of books about heroes and crooks I've learned much from both of their styles.
I'm sure a resort won't be hurting for any money by you jumping into their pool or hot tub. And maybe using shower facilities.
Haters are going to hate. ��

Maybe it's just me, but I could write pages on the above in this threads context. But I fear deaf ears.
Old 16-01-2014, 07:09   #124

Boat: Haven't seen it yet. Bought on Ebay

Wow! Some great ideas in this thread.
Can we rename the thread to don't be a rube?
While not a resort this thread reminds me of being in Bocas del Torro. One morning in a hangover fog I went to a "French" cafe had a croque monsieur (ham grilled cheese except it is baked) and coffee. 10 dollars later and thinking that was croque in the fact that it was barely edible and the coffee sucked to I noticed some locals getting breakfast from a food cart on a side street. The next morning in a similar fog I went to the cart for breakfast. 50 cents later after the best breakfast I've had of coffee, hard boiled egg, and fried bread not only did I realize tourist fare sucks but the locals do not see the majority of money us tourists pay for the privilege.
I say if using a resort tip the local bartender, but let the cruise ship people pay the exorbitant prices for the privilege
Old 16-01-2014, 07:37   #125
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanathon View Post
Wow! Some great ideas in this thread.
Can we rename the thread to don't be a rube?
While not a resort this thread reminds me of being in Bocas del Torro. One morning in a hangover fog I went to a "French" cafe had a croque monsieur (ham grilled cheese except it is baked) and coffee. 10 dollars later and thinking that was croque in the fact that it was barely edible and the coffee sucked to I noticed some locals getting breakfast from a food cart on a side street. The next morning in a similar fog I went to the cart for breakfast. 50 cents later after the best breakfast I've had of coffee, hard boiled egg, and fried bread not only did I realize tourist fare sucks but the locals do not see the majority of money us tourists pay for the privilege.
I say if using a resort tip the local bartender, but let the cruise ship people pay the exorbitant prices for the privilege
Mon.. Dats de truff.. de place wear de Lobsta in Hawayan is be not a cleva ting... unless dey be payin..

It was a dark and stormy night and the captain of the ship said.. "Hey Jim, spin us a yarn." and the yarn began like this.. "It was a dark and stormy night.."
Old 16-01-2014, 08:01   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Mon.. Dats de truff.. de place wear de Lobsta in Hawayan is be not a cleva ting... unless dey be payin..
You sound ridiculous. I just feel like the resorts charge exorbitant amounts for certain things. I used the phrase "haters are going to hate" because I thought it was funny. I don't speak that way.
I guess I should have said, "people are going to make comments about your actions based on their opinions on how you should behave."
But shame on you for making fun of people that do not speak as eloquently as you may like. I'm sure you have perfect grammar, are excellent at crucigrams and won every spelling bee growing up.
But your internet etiquette needs work, you pompous yankees.
Old 16-01-2014, 08:09   #127

Quote:
This thread reminds me of the old David Niven and... I think it was Errol Flynn.. trick when they were starving actors in New York...
It sounds like a fair exchange... dinner and a show.

Me aud grandmama loved David Niven (even met him once; she was a musician), and raved about "The Moon's A Balloon". So thanks for that.
Old 16-01-2014, 08:17   #128
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
You sound ridiculous. I just feel like the resorts charge exorbitant amounts for certain things. I used the phrase "haters are going to hate" because I thought it was funny. I don't speak that way.
I guess I should have said, "people are going to make comments about your actions based on their opinions on how you should behave."
But shame on you for making fun of people that do not speak as eloquently as you may like. I'm sure you have perfect grammar, are excellent at crucigrams and won every spelling bee growing up.
But your internet etiquette needs work, you pompous yankees.
I find that a very racist attack.. accusing an English/Pakistani who lives in Portugal of being a 'Yankee'...

May your camel always spit at your mother in law...
Or as this is a sailing forum... may your wind be up your ass..
And... if you were not so stiff you'd realise I was poking fun at the sun burnt hordes.. do it All de time in de Carib...

Old 16-01-2014, 08:21   #129

Boat: Haven't seen it yet. Bought on Ebay
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61

I find that a very racist attack.. accusing an English/Pakistani who lives in Portugal of being a 'Yankee'...

Where can I find a camel to spit on my mother in law!?!? Just thinking of it brings a smile.
Old 16-01-2014, 08:24   #130

Sorry Stugots, for writing things that have nothing to do with your thread. It just bothers me when people make jabs at people over the internet like a 15yr old kid. I'll go back to my boring day of work now.
I hope some of these post actually help answer your question.
Old 16-01-2014, 08:25   #131

Boat: O'Day 28

Quote:

And... if you were not so stiff you'd realise I was poking fun at the sun burnt hordes.. do it All de time in de Carib...

As we say around de globe: Youth is wasted on the young. Let's hope he grows out of his rationalized conniving ways. Most of us do.

I'd prefer using the other end of the camel for my mother-in-law.
Old 16-01-2014, 08:29   #132

Boat: Skookum 53'

I wonder if Bernie Madoff got started like this?
Old 16-01-2014, 08:31   #133

Boat: Catalina 30

Quote:
I just feel like the resorts charge exorbitant amounts for certain things.
So how does that justify sneaking on to them? What about expensive restaurants that cost hundreds per person. Those are exorbitant does that mean you can dine and dash?

If you don't agree with their pricing DONT USE their services. Pretty freaking simple. Stuff you should have learned in kindergarten but I guess you were sick that day.
Old 16-01-2014, 08:37   #134

C'mon. The title to the thread is "How to sneak into beach resorts".

It's like amateur con man night. Stealing a swim and a shower isn't a felony, but you know it's not the right thing to do, right? What if I come to your house for drinks, and take a shower without asking you?

It's not really even a grey area, is it?
Old 16-01-2014, 08:46   #135

Next thing you know, you'll think you were actually invited to the White House...
Closed Thread