Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 16:52   #31
mcm

Re: How to sneak into beach resorts

The high end places we have walked into for a swim a, meal and a few drinks have never given me a problem, when ordering something they ask for a room key, I tell them we are not guests just in to enjoy their lovely facility, no problem, even at the Peace and Plenty in the Bahamas, free stuff also and they knew we off a Yacht. Never tried to slip in sort of , walked in and sat down told the truth, never yet been asked to leave, having a wife who is a 10+ does not hurt.

Old 05-01-2014, 16:59   #32
Don't ask if you can't handle it

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hunter 410

I don't feel that going into a "resort", which is a hotel, that has a cash bar and cash restaurant is stealing anything at all. In fact I know I've read lots of cruiser blogs where people go to the "resorts" and I've read ads from resorts in cruiser newsletters where they are trying to get the cruiser business.

The problem with this thread is the title (and the posters).

Old 05-01-2014, 17:03   #33

Boat: Twin Otter de Havilland Floatplane

Caneel Bay Resort St. John - USVI, Little Dix Bay Virgin Gorda - BVI, Intercontinental Resort Cozumel, MX...among other 5-star resorts will NOT allow non-guests to use their beaches. They are all-inclusive and very strict about their guests' security.

Mauritz
Old 05-01-2014, 17:09   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
I don't feel that going into a "resort", which is a hotel, that has a cash bar and cash restaurant is stealing anything at all. In fact I know I've read lots of cruiser blogs where people go to the "resorts" and I've read ads from resorts in cruiser newsletters where they are trying to get the cruiser business.

The problem with this thread is the title (and the posters).
I'll concede the title doesn't really convey the intention of the post very well.
Old 05-01-2014, 17:10   #35

Boat: Cal 29
pirate Re: How to sneak into beach resorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholson58 View Post
What we noticed was that the standard guy was 30 to 60, paunchy and pale. The standard lady on his arm was 19 to 30, tan, and hot as could be. The men looked wealthy and the women looked high maintenance & hot. This is the bar you must strive for young Padawan.
Hot is good.
Old 05-01-2014, 17:10   #36
cruiser

Yea it's the posters.
Old 05-01-2014, 17:13   #37

Boat: Seawind 1200 TEC 3

Going to the bar/restaurant and buying stuff no problem if it is public.Using the other facilities if not public surely you already know the answer.
No different if I got on your boat or in your house and started using your facilities not right and you would be outraged ,I might be shot,why should it be different for a commercial operation.
Chris
Old 05-01-2014, 17:18   #38

Day Passes at Caribbean Resorts - Cruises - Cruise Critic

For cruise boats but still applies to everyone. This is just a sample but I find if you are going to use showers, pool, etc etc. you will need to pay something.
Etiquette would seem to dictate you should at least ask.
Old 05-01-2014, 17:19   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcntsh View Post
Might I suggest you rob elderly woman of their purses while not on vacation so you can afford to pay the fees that the rest of us pay?
My experience has been that elderly women scream bloody murder and hang on to their bags like you wouldn't believe. You have to knock 'em down and get yer foot on their neck--- it ain't easy. Much easier to just have yer way with the resorts. It is the duty of the rich and wan to give freebies to the poor and tan.
Old 05-01-2014, 17:24   #40

Boat: Seaward 22

I actually asked at a resort once because I wanted to treat my wife to a nice meal. They said no guests on the property after dark. Told them we would be anchored in the cove and coming in by dinghy. They said as long as i wasn't coming by car it was fine. Don't understand the difference, but you should ask first. Otherwise I would consider it stealing.
Old 05-01-2014, 17:35   #41

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohdrinkboy View Post
I actually asked at a resort once because I wanted to treat my wife to a nice meal. They said no guests on the property after dark. Told them we would be anchored in the cove and coming in by dinghy. They said as long as i wasn't coming by car it was fine. Don't understand the difference, but you should ask first. Otherwise I would consider it stealing.
Might have to do with the type of people that come in from the town at night to prey on the guests? Probably have had problems in the past, but you obviously being another tourist were acceptable?
Old 05-01-2014, 17:35   #42

Boat: Cal 29
pirate Re: How to sneak into beach resorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nial View Post
My experience has been that elderly women scream bloody murder and hang on to their bags like you wouldn't believe. You have to knock 'em down and get yer foot on their neck--- it ain't easy. Much easier to just have yer way with the resorts. It is the duty of the rich and wan to give freebies to the poor and tan.
Ha ha good on ya and clever BUT wan and tan don't actually rhyme. Still, I love it!
Old 05-01-2014, 17:36   #43

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

You might be surprised what you can get if you ask, and offer to pay. I have a guy that I let hunt my property, because he asked
Old 05-01-2014, 17:46   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
You've never used a restroom at a restaurant you weren't eating at or parked your car in a reserved spot for 2 minutes to use an ATM?
I love people like you going through life trying to screw the rest of us over and no I don't park in handicapped zones.
Dumb posting it on here, did you not expect to get flamed.
Old 05-01-2014, 18:00   #45

Boat: Checkmate Strobe 201

I mean seriously you are on a yacht in the tropics enjoying life for what it should be. If you can't stand either calling ahead and paying/getting permission or staying on your yacht in the tropics, then obviously being on a yacht in the tropics is not the life style for you. Either enjoy what you have (aka what others would kill for) or go home. If you can't stand being on a yacht in the tropics without having to "sneak" in some where for relief then bug off.

Tell you what I'm in new england where its 20deg outside with freezing rain. I'll switch places with you right now and I won't complain about taking a shower on board or worst case asking a resort permission to come ashore and God forbid if they say no what would I do? Oh I don't know how about enjoy my yacht in the tropics. I'm guessing you're one of those entitled folk aren't you? The resort owes you don't they? I mean you paid for a drink so that price you agreed to pay for that drink actually secretly includes a shower doesn't it. I mean they don't say that but its an expensive drink so they practically owe you a shower.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: