Old 16-01-2014, 14:21   #151
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate Re: How to sneak into beach resorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastlife247 View Post
Just don't be an ahole, most people don't like them.
Depends on your point of view... big boy.

Born To Be Wild
Old 16-01-2014, 14:47   #152

Boat: csy 37
Re: How to sneak into beach resorts

the bottom line. for me, at least.

if it's a private establishment (yacht club, members only establishment, pay to enter kind of place, etc) then you don't go in unless invited or can pay your way in.

if it's a public establishment, such as a hotel, then you can, by definition, enter. a hotel expects people to enter from the street (or beach) and to use the facilities in accordance with some poorly defined rules of etiquette. for instance, if you're going to use a suite then you will need a key, which you purchase at the reception desk. but some facilities have ill defined requirements - the pool may be one of them. just how the hotel authorities feel about your walking on their property and jumping in their pool depends on their rules and state of mind at the moment.

for my part, i will probably have lunch or breakfast there, and maybe also get a beer or two at the bar to take into the pool with me. i will observe their rules and act like a good citizen. if they have a pool shower i will probably use that too. if i am asked to leave, for whatever reason, i will leave.

i've been doing this for at least the past thirty plus years, all around the caribbean, and have never been questioned. and i absolutely do not feel that i am somehow stealing anything from anyone.

Old 16-01-2014, 14:56   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by onestepcsy37 View Post

if it's a private establishment (yacht club, members only establishment, pay to enter kind of place, etc) then you don't go in unless invited or can pay your way in.

if it's a public establishment, such as a hotel, then you can, by definition, enter. a hotel expects people to enter from the street (or beach) and to use the facilities in accordance with some poorly defined rules of etiquette. for instance, if you're going to use a suite then you will need a key, which you purchase at the reception desk. but some facilities have ill defined requirements - the pool may be one of them. just how the hotel authorities feel about your walking on their property and jumping in their pool depends on their rules and state of mind at the moment.

for my part, i will probably have lunch or breakfast there, and maybe also get a beer or two at the bar to take into the pool with me. i will observe their rules and act like a good citizen. if they have a pool shower i will probably use that too. if i am asked to leave, for whatever reason, i will leave.

i've been doing this for at least the past thirty plus years, all around the caribbean, and have never been questioned. and i absolutely do not feel that i am somehow stealing anything from anyone.

If it is a resort, and the day pass to use the facility is $40.00 a day, (which was the daily fee at this particular resort.), will you pay it or will you walk out and then sneak back in via the beach and use the facility without paying. That is the question.
Old 16-01-2014, 14:56   #154

Boat: catalina 27 & Windrose 20 Hunter 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholson58 View Post
Depends where you are. The exclusive places tag guests with colored armbands (and bar-codes) identifying guests and their all-inclusive privileges. We were invited to share a suit with friends at Hard Rock in Punta Cana DR a month ago. We had the special black armbands identifying us as members of the KMA club. Access to all pools, spas, clubs, bars restaurants, shows - no pay, no tips; unlimited booze & top shelf; butler & chauffeur included. It was fun for a week but not the way I want to live. I did do a lot of 'bird watching' It took me another two weeks to get my eyeballs back in the sockets. . Some photographer did a photo shoot with four top supermodels. I found myself standing between them at a pool bar. That will have to be enough. Life complete.

I think that if you show up on a beach with open access along a public road such as the big hotels on Key Biscayne you could probably blend right in.

I seem to remember a saying, "better to ask forgiveness than permission"
Did you really mean "top models" or rather "TopLESS models"? If the latter I can understand the protruding eyeballs as well as possible headache.
Old 16-01-2014, 15:10   #155
Don't ask if you can't handle it

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hunter 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastlife247 View Post
Your Opinion is noted, and Im not sure I would come aboard your ship or want to be part of your life.(I'm sure your usually a nice guy but I don't swing that way) But is it really hurting one of these lavish resorts I'm assuming we're talking about? I'm not even talking about pocketing the shampoos and conditioner bottles just using a freaking pool.
If the owner of the hotel is really stingy enough to try and prosecute you for using the pool or outdoor shower, then he is most likely a grade A douche get it as in "ducharme"
You just don't get it. A lot of examples can be given why you are wrong. But all yours sound like they will be "because they have more than me".
Old 16-01-2014, 15:40   #156

Boat: Cal 29
pirate Re: How to sneak into beach resorts

The deaf ears syndrome is evident.
Old 16-01-2014, 15:51   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
You just don't get it. A lot of examples can be given why you are wrong. But all yours sound like they will be "because they have more than me".
Whatever hoss, your opinion is ur opinion. And I'll respect it. But don't go around telling other people what to do and more importantly not what to think.
Some people disagree with you and you have to learn to deal with that...
Old 16-01-2014, 16:05   #158

Boat: P30

Entitlement met Arrogance and went for a troll.....
Old 16-01-2014, 16:08   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by onestepcsy37 View Post

Reasonable philosophy, except for the pool bit. I think it's pretty clear that most hotels reserve their pool for guests only, unless you get permission.
Old 16-01-2014, 16:32   #160

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop

Thread closed.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: