on. You should see intense systems that spawn them six nautical miles away.
2. They will come up from behind you. Head
as much up wind
3. If it looks like on radar
something will come within 4 nm then engine
4. No engine
5. Use engine power to motor/motorsail upwind.
6. Keep two miles away from intense storm cells.
7. If cell front too large to escape, sails
down. Note: You may have to motor
downwind if headsail doesn't furl. Don't do that if you have a mainsail
up. Bring it down first while into wind
Speed of approaching storm cells can be fast. In Philippines
I clock them from 6 to 12 knots.
When it passes by hopefully you can catch some rain on the weaker backside.