Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-11-2010, 09:14   #16
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndimarcus View Post
We are planning on arriving SD on Friday. Our boat is on Shelter Island. Are you leaving tomorrow, or next week?

Zeehag, just gonna slowly make or way down the coast, but it would be great to see you in SD!
where in sd will you be staying? i am stuck here until my packing gland and chainplates are finished and i do some cosmetic interior--more functional than cosmetic--shelves inside the cabinets are nonexistent..same with drawers under cpt bed in master stateroom... just a small amount of work, but necessary for stowage--i anticipate december departure pending unforeseen distresses...... meeting in sd shouldnt be a problem..would be fun!
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 09:17   #17

Boat: Tayana 37
And there is always Skype!!
Cyndimarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 10:03   #18

Boat: Prior boats: Transpac 49; DeFever 54
Hey, Zeehag and any others who might need to stop in Turtle Bay on the way south from SD, if you go ashore, ask for Hector Estrada, one of the "town fathers'. Wonderful man, known to all in the area. He will set you straight on repairs, welding, provisioning, banking, etc. Comes from a long line of abalone fishermen. I used to stop there regularly on deliveries if the weather got stinky and always took a couple of trash bags of clothing for him to give to the locals in need... say 'Hola' from Capt Phil
Capt Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 10:31   #19

sounds good--i plan on not stopping for first breath until mazatlan--i have done the bahias by auto a while ago--only a coupla years, so i am hoping this formosa will rush me to my friends by new years-- i dont know if we will be there in time but i wanna be out of sd by christmas---dont want to sail by schedule and dont want to have to be hit by any storms on our way , either----not too many north protected harbors on the way down...wont go to ensenda--just another border town, to me, and kali storms do hit there as well......i hope to still have 3 day windows by my departure date..
even though ti plan on doing a straight shot, is always good to have a haven for "just in case"--so we will keep in mind the resource for bahia tortugas, thankyou..
Old 22-11-2010, 11:03   #20

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine2frolic View Post
I agree with saucy. You will have the chance to show your grandkids a whole new world. Meeting cultures, snorkeling, Mother Nature's beauty magnified. Look forward to the future hellos, and their big smiles.

My 7 year old nephew was with us for 2 weeks. He went home a small man. He drove the boat, navigated, dropped, and raised the hook, swam with sharks, and a lionfish too, had control of the dink, and slept like a rock every single night.........i2f
Thats so nice!
James S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 12:50   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
sounds good--i plan on not stopping for first breath until mazatlan--i have done the bahias by auto a while ago--only a coupla years, so i am hoping this formosa will rush me to my friends by new years-- i dont know if we will be there in time but i wanna be out of sd by christmas---dont want to sail by schedule and dont want to have to be hit by any storms on our way , either----not too many north protected harbors on the way down...wont go to ensenda--just another border town, to me, and kali storms do hit there as well......i hope to still have 3 day windows by my departure date..
even though ti plan on doing a straight shot, is always good to have a haven for "just in case"--so we will keep in mind the resource for bahia tortugas, thankyou..
Do you know Bill and MJ Makepeace, Zee? They spend a fair amount of time at the Maz marina. If you do and you see them tell them Greg says hi. Bill and I played some gigs together in Barra de Navidad a couple of years ago.

hummingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 12:55   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingway View Post
Do you know Bill and MJ Makepeace, Zee? They spend a fair amount of time at the Maz marina. If you do and you see them tell them Greg says hi. Bill and I played some gigs together in Barra de Navidad a couple of years ago.
i am not much o f a marina hanger, bu ti met patricia belle in san diego in 1998, when anchoring out was not yet a criminal act. th schooner brought coffee from nicaraugua and sold it for a while and we met and grew to be friends. he now runs commercial charter business in mazatlan. as an unlimited master and tallship cpt, i consider him my new guru.