Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2016, 04:42   #91

Re: Grrrr..Brexit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
Brexit happens. (or not)
"overwhelmingly Britain votes to go!"

er 2.something percent I believe was the difference....

So, apart from being short sighted, stupid and emotional, my costs will rise, my ability to travel will be curtailed and in general Britain will lose its favourable trading base...

The EU was a great idea, poorly implemented and hijacked by a couple of nations. Yet the reality is that enough jobs and perks were distributed to keep dissenters at bay....

Cant blame the EU for everything. (or rather you can). Britains government must take some of the blame for not looking after Britain.. they did receive good exchanges for their compliance though at the expense of the UK tax base.

Boating? A nightmare will ensue in the next couple of years.....

Oof.!

I feel better now...
WRONG! Its 4%
Old 25-06-2016, 04:49   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
The good news....

The price of an Oyster new or used purchased in the UK, just dropped 10-15% overnight.
Perhaps soon one can purchase a British boat new without those idiotic brass thru-hulls and seacocks!
Old 25-06-2016, 04:52   #93

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!

Yeah the comeback to those epic Blake seacocks
Old 25-06-2016, 04:57   #94
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoleo View Post

WRONG! Its 4%
feel better now? When I posted the source later amended the difference. And at just under 4% of those that voted, its not an overwhelming majority....
Old 25-06-2016, 05:25   #95

Boat: Comet 41s

The desirable result:

Now UK can dream with his lost empire and EU can accelerate the measures to become in the future a federated state.

I hope EU will be quick in retiring all trade and citizens privileges UK has for belonging to EU.

Market is coming down in UK:

and Pound falls regarding the Euro and dollar:

"The tumbling of the pound to 30-year lows offered a taste of what is to come. As confidence plunges, Britain may well dip into recession. A permanently less vibrant economy means fewer jobs, lower tax receipts and, eventually, extra austerity. The result will also shake a fragile world economy. Scots, most of whom voted to Remain, may now be keener to break free of the United Kingdom, as they nearly did in 2014."http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21701265-how-minimise-damage-britains-senseless-self-inflicted-blow-tragic-split

Scots have voted on staying on EU. Maybe now they leave the UK to come to a federated EU. They will be certainly welcomed.
Old 25-06-2016, 05:42   #96

Wow, so many globalists.
Just because your parents told you to play nice with others, does not mean you have to take off your clothes in a group of people and offer them everything.
There needs to be less cooperation and more individualism.
The noisy few are controlling them all, and the same thing is about to take place in America. Many states are sick of Washington sending down the latest unvoted law, and are thinking about having their own exit. This applies to the world.

Many say, trade trade trade is why we must come together, but I would ask you, what happened before China was more then a few hours away from the rest of the world? They made it themselves. Thinking local will help your local market. What if call centres could not be outsourced? What if it was cheaper to make an iphone in texas instead of china? Yeah, it may happen, as we punish nations with low wages.

As for the pound sterling, it will recover, and may indeed make it hard for others to vacation there. Oh well, it will help the UK. Their currency will increase in value the more manufacturing jobs they bring home.

I hope this spreads world wide, and we all become more distant from other countries.
Global think is the death of us all.
Old 25-06-2016, 05:49   #97

Boat: PT-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
The desirable result:

Now UK can dream with his lost empire and EU can accelerate the measures to become in the future a federated state.

I hope EU will be quick in retiring all trade and citizens privileges UK has for belonging to EU.

Market is coming down in UK:

and Pound falls regarding the Euro and dollar:

"The tumbling of the pound to 30-year lows offered a taste of what is to come. As confidence plunges, Britain may well dip into recession. A permanently less vibrant economy means fewer jobs, lower tax receipts and, eventually, extra austerity. The result will also shake a fragile world economy. Scots, most of whom voted to Remain, may now be keener to break free of the United Kingdom, as they nearly did in 2014."http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21701265-how-minimise-damage-britains-senseless-self-inflicted-blow-tragic-split

Scots have voted on staying on EU. Maybe now they leave the UK to come to a federated EU. They will be certainly welcomed.
Wow, what arrogant spite. If this represents attitudes on the continent its no wonder they left.
Old 25-06-2016, 05:53   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
The result will also shake a fragile world economy.
We are right now on the brink of a second 2008 style collapse, having nothing to do with the UK exit. Its been coming for a while, and the only question is, when. All I know if I am saving money to buy property, and a new boat.
Old 25-06-2016, 06:23   #99

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVNeko View Post
Wow, what arrogant spite. If this represents attitudes on the continent its no wonder they left.
Even worse is the graphs Polux has posted as evidence have 2014 as the date on the x axis. Guess you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet or use other peoples work without checking it first.

Pete
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CF.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	126837  
Old 25-06-2016, 06:31   #100

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVNeko View Post
So which north European country will have to step up to the table when the Brits take their cheque book home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailnow2011 View Post
We are right now on the brink of a second 2008 style collapse, having nothing to do with the UK exit. Its been coming for a while, and the only question is, when. All I know if I am saving money to buy property, and a new boat.
There might be trouble ahead
Old 25-06-2016, 06:42   #101
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Cheer up people. No ones going anywhere.

• EU may make a new category of Associate Member for UK
• EU may dissolve based on other countries following the UK lead anyway, but something better and more fair will replace it. There's already talk. I have no doubt.
• US will support UK no matter what Mr. Slick O-blubber-ba says.
• Great time for tourism and investment of US dollars.
• EU cannot ignore UK's issues about the relationship and will have to change it's charter if it wants to survive. They need to UK.

and...

• 1 million people signed a petition for a new Referendum, so they may vote again.

The EU is a disaster and not a good direction, failed to address the populist needs and concentrated it on the few. The UK was never fully in it anyway. EU countries have deep cultural and historical roots. Who ever proved globalization and central bureaucracy was the answer? Londoners? The 1%?

And yes, an economic and political correction has been building for some time. All the historical indicators were there including the social ones: mass immigration, war, climate. All we need is a plethora of emerging viruses that will swamp CDC. It's 1347 all over again.

So, buy that Oyster...
Old 25-06-2016, 06:54   #102
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Immigration and Brexit: How a rising tide of European immigrants fueled the Leave vote.

Eight reasons Leave won the UK's referendum on the EU - BBC News

Brexit is just the beginning. The EU blew it.

Brexit might not happen.
Old 25-06-2016, 07:03   #103
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailnow2011 View Post
Me too.
Old 25-06-2016, 07:07   #104

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy 53

A wonderful and momentous day for the British people!

Against the wishes of the liberal media and elitist billionaires, the English took back control of their country.

Well done.

Stock markets be damned...there are more important things in life than money.
Old 25-06-2016, 07:08   #105

Quote:
Quote:
me, too
Saving money? You mean that paper and zinc/nickel/brass coinage?

Use it to buy yo-yos and lures...

It's worth nothing without the cooperation and confidence of others, and that seems to be on the wane...
Closed Thread