Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-11-2018, 08:17   #16
cruiser

Re: FOURTH NATIONAL CLIMATE ASSESSMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
For someone care to explain how averages work....na....nevermind.
Ok, I’ll try.

A high temp is recorded, the media alerted and is extrapolated to include the entire globe. Conclusion... the world is coming to an end, sea levels will rise and we’ll all drown.

A low temp trend lasting weeks is ignored or explained as being caused by global warming.
Old 25-11-2018, 08:20   #17
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Catalina 250 MKII

What boggles the mind is that the tobacco reference only affected those who smoked tobacco (or spent a lot of time around one who does). Climate Change affects EVERYONE. The science is settled. It's happening. We are the cause. The only relevance to bringing up Tobacco is that the Tobacco industry spread lies & disinformation JUST like the FOSSIL FUEL industry has done in it's own campaign of disinformation against climate change. FYI, I'm a life long sailor, voted GOP for 25 years, 5th generation veteran....but I have gathered the information, analyzed it....and concluded that Climate Change is real. Those that deny it are helping to condemn the younger generation and our offspring to a very unpleasant world which they will inherit from us. Fair Winds....
Old 25-11-2018, 08:23   #18

Quote:
Can we just delete this thread now and save us all a lot of heartache and time and waste
I was kind of thinking this thread was actually a gift to you - a chance for you to once again share the nuanced and informed opinion from your years on the inside. (something something cult, i think was the chorus)

I do share your desire to see this thread disappear from CF. The anti-AGW crowd here usually don't bring up anything other than distorted or discredited and frankly OLD BS. And of course, AlGoraphobia and gummint conspiracy and soshulizm! You can find that noise in any reactionary corner of the web.

But I've been told that this attitude is selfishness and intolerance on my part. Fair enough. This post is founded on a new summary of the current state of the science. So - has anyone got any NEW info which casts fresh doubt on AGW? Surprise me.
Old 25-11-2018, 08:26   #19
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

Pay $8/gal for gas like in France....that is Settled Science to cause Riots.

Oh wait you don't want to pay $8 a gallon.... oh then you're all talk no action....thats for the other poor Schlubs right?
Old 25-11-2018, 08:30   #20
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Catalina 250 MKII

I sailed 178 days last year. Spent less than $300 on gas. That's why I have a sailboat.
Old 25-11-2018, 08:35   #21

Boat: Vancouver 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
We are once again experiencing record cold here in New England which began a full month early. Temps in the single digits F and well below zero C in the middle of November. This is normally our February weather, and there’s an arctic blast now covering much of the US.

Despite all this and the snow landing on their heads, the global warming crowd wants it to be colder and to pay higher taxes.

Who’s in denial of reality?
What's your take on global temp averages recorded over the last 125+ years?.. https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs...l-temperature/

Not trying to win hearts and minds via an internet forum, just flatly curious.
Old 25-11-2018, 08:36   #22

Quote:
Pay $8/gal for gas like in France....that is Settled Science to cause Riots.

Oh wait you don't want to pay $8 a gallon.... oh then you're all talk no action....thats for the other poor Schlubs right?

Speak for yourself. Some of us are ok with paying a more realistic price for fossil fuel, and with other incentives like carbon trading schemes. Then again, not all of us live in places where the economy has been propped up by artificially low fossil fuel prices.
Old 25-11-2018, 08:36   #23

Boat: 73´ULDB custom ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
We are once again experiencing record cold here in New England which began a full month early. Temps in the single digits F and well below zero C in the middle of November. This is normally our February weather, and there’s an arctic blast now covering much of the US.

Despite all this and the snow landing on their heads, the global warming crowd wants it to be colder and to pay higher taxes.

Who’s in denial of reality?
Weather - Climate.... Not the same.
Old 25-11-2018, 08:38   #24
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laika View Post
What's your take on global temp averages recorded over the last 125+ years?.. https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs...l-temperature/

Not trying to win hearts and minds via an internet forum, just flatly curious.
You mean the faked data adjusted lower in the past and higher now?

Ya...it keeps me up at night worrying.
Old 25-11-2018, 08:40   #25
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Speak for yourself. Some of us are ok with paying a more realistic price for fossil fuel, and with other incentives like carbon trading schemes. Then again, not all of us live in places where the economy has been propped up by artificially low fossil fuel prices.

Bingo....
The honest truth slips out.
$8/gal is needed to save mother Gia from you dolts.
Old 25-11-2018, 08:42   #26

Boat: FP Salina 48, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
-sigh -

[ The scientists employed by big tobacco knew before most that tobacco causes cancer. Their job was to help suppress or discredit that knowledge ]

This is why we can't have nice things, like a sustainable planet.
Let me fix that for you.

The scientists employed by big government knew before most that global warming was a tax scam. Their job was to help suppress or discredit that knowledge.

Have we learned nothing from leaks such as the East Anglia debacle? Have we not seen wholesale discrediting of any scientist who dares to contradict the cash cow?

All scientific hypothesis must have a falsifiable test to either lend credit to or discredit the hypothesis. This is not the case with climate change. There is seemingly nothing that can't be attributed to climate change. Warmer weather? Climate change. Colder weather? Climate change. Hurricanes? Climate change. Drought? Climate change. Rape? Climate change. Name a widespread bad thing that could happen, and I will find you a news article linking it to climate change.
Old 25-11-2018, 08:44   #27
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

The migrant caravan is due to Climate Change...so the elite tell us.
Old 25-11-2018, 08:53   #28
cruiser

My plan was to drive three hours north today to check on the boat, but the weather sucked so much due to climate change.... I decided not to go.

Just doing my part to save the planet, so instead I’ll walk to work in a couple of hours.
Old 25-11-2018, 08:53   #29

Boat: FP Salina 48, Hobie 33

Quote:
The migrant caravan is due to Climate Change...so the elite tell us.
Everything is caused by climate change. Every. Single. Thing.
Old 25-11-2018, 08:55   #30
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Looks like the French are Rioting over the higher fuel taxes that the MMFWC is saying we need to save mother Gia.

http://news.trust.org/item/20181124101720-ghrrs
Closed Thread

Tags
men