Cruisers Forum

View Poll Results: Have you ever seen a Flying Saucer when sailing?
Nope, never seen nothing. 38 42.70%
Seen some weird stuff, but it wasn't aliens 27 30.34%
Yes 9 10.11%
Yes, and I was abducted and probed too 15 16.85%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 19:09   #91

Boat: 47' Olympic Adventure
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd22 View Post
an open minded skeptic

That is a great descriptive - I think I'll call myself an open-minded skeptic, too.

Cheers,

Kevin
Lodesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 18:24   #92

Boat: Roberts Offshore 38
I was motoring toward Port Credit, (Lake Ontario) from Gibralter Point, steering 265 degrees true, at 0347 in the morning, on the second friday of August 1978. My girlfriend was below sleeping. I saw a single light, moving approx north to south at a high speed. when it was a bit south of us it started jinking round, making hard turns, with no disernable radius. It continued this for about 3 minutes, and then took off at approx twice the speed heading just south of east. No navigation lights, no sound. It was impossible to judge size or distance. I called Terri twice but she was out of it. So no witness.

I have spent most of my life around aircraft of all types, flown some and done some aerobatics. What I saw moved like nothing I've ever seen.

Do I believe? You bet your life I do.
SabreKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 21:36   #93

Boat: Ranger 22, currently saving for a larger cruising boat
you remember that they said you couldn't get to warp 10 in startrek but later on in one of the VOYAGER episodes they did it. also the only little green men i have ever seen were my little brothers when they get seasick, also the only UFO's I have seen are the things that my girlfriend throws at me when I make her mad by pulling immature pranks on people, i have no idea why she gets mad but If you want a good trick you can go to walmart or somewhere and get a remotecontrol flying saucer then put lightweight stuff on it to make it look bigger and some lights to get peoples attention and presto you have hours of entertainment flying it around powerboat marinas and at hotels and after parties.
Old 20-11-2008, 01:22   #94
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreKai View Post
... What I saw moved like nothing I've ever seen.
Do I believe? You bet your life I do.
What, exactly, is it that you believe?
That you saw something unique, in your experience, that you cannot explain?

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 05:00   #95

Boat: Sabre 30 Mark III - s/v Cloudman
Scully? Is that you?

s/v Cloudman
Sabre 30 Mark III
Norsksailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 14:06   #96

Boat: contessa 32
Many would not believe anything unless the government says its so! Whom am I going to believe ; the government or my lying eyes? This is the greatest story ever denied;if you really care about this fabulous phenomenon, do your homework and prepare yourself for a major paradigm shift but it will be a lot more uncomfortable and last a lot longer than any probe.
All that said it might be more reassuring to stick with the rum and the jokes. Me, I just can't understand why my eyes would lie to me.
mrohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 19:52   #97
Eternal Member

Boat: Ericson 27 & 18' Herrmann Catboat
All I can say is RODS exist.
Chief Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 20:23   #98
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
gord!!! when they landed on my cockpit deck of my formosa they told me to tell YOU, GORD MAY, that they were just shrimpers. they also said hello to you.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 00:11   #99

Boat: Catalina Morgan 45
Never seen one. They don't come to 42 south. Too cold for them. They must be fair weather flying objects (FWFO). What are RODS Chief?
Cherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 02:55   #100

Boat: L. Francis Herreshoff H28 Ketch & Brisol 24 @ 25'
Cool thread! Kinda thinking that if the bottle shop was still open I could grab a cheap red and head down the boat. After that and a big spliff of that hippie weed I am sure I would have something constructive to contribute. Closed now, so I might give it a go tomorrow and report my findings.

For anyone looking for a good alien abduction check out the opening scene in Evil Aliens. I am sure it will make a lot reconsider their positive responses to the last option on the poll.

Evil Aliens link - Note B-grade horror movie content -
Old 17-11-2010, 04:26   #101
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Very interesting response to a 2 year old thread.

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 04:40   #102
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

As posted in a previous thread.. I've seen some strange things in the sky... the last was off Finisterre when a fast moving large oval object, pulsating green light, passed over my boat from East to West.... as I could not tell what it was it can only IMHO be a UFO.... Alien or not... is irrellevant.
On average I've seen about 3 - 4 inexplicable (to me) activities in the heavens each year in areas as far apart as the English Channel, the Carib, the Marmara and Atlantic crossings...
I can understand the Nay Sayers sceptisism to some extent...
I mean lets face it, untill it was proved different, for thousands of years the Earth was flat. Also religion dictates that we are the only intelligence in the universe, so... many are forbidden on pain of eternal damnation to even consider exisitance of other life forms..
Me.. I'm open to the existance of alternate life forms beyond our earth... even the possibility of a god..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 05:02   #103

Boat: Privilege 37
Do UFOs exist - of course they do after all anything flying that is not identified is by definition a UFO.

Are any UFOs of alien origin - For that you have to accept that life exists on another planet. Well if Stephen Hawking thinks it does, who am I to argue.

You also have to accept that they are significantly more advanced than we are Probably 50-50 chance.

You then have to postulate that a more advanced race is interested in what we are doing - with the odd Nuke being exploded, you can bet your life that there would be some form of interest.

Do I believe that some of the UFOs are of alien origin - yes
Old 17-11-2010, 05:16   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Very interesting response to a 2 year old thread.
Only been here a year. I suppose I need to suffer something like a probing scene before I can call myself a "local"? I would post a direct link to the art work, but someone might complain. Anyway, for the conservatives who doubt my choice of movies someone else has already written a review,
Even in something like this, you have to expect a shred of intelligence, and by “this,” that means constant pointless softcore (with aliens), loads of gag-inducing gross-outs, and so much meaningless gore you lose any sight of what is actually going on here. There is really no point in trying to adequately describe or even critique Evil Aliens. This is a grade-Z schlocker, so poorly crafted and desperate for laughs it’s hardly even bearable….,,,,

See: Evil Aliens Review | DoBlu.com

Gotta watch that movie again soon while I still have a big TV, DVD and neighbourhood rocking surround. - it is one of my all time favs. Highly recommended it to any B-grade Sci-fi/alien and gore fans

While we are on the UFO/alien theme why don’t we have a guessing game about the name of my boat? A couple of hints; I am thinking of putting a Dalek on the bowsprit and playing exterminate over the hailer. Then everyone asks whether it is really bigger on the inside?

Who said cruisers can’t have an imagination and sense of humour? (I will revise that after my abduction around the end of the bottle and second dobbie!).
Old 17-11-2010, 05:21   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
As posted in a previous thread.. I've seen some strange things in the sky... the last was off Finisterre when a fast moving large oval object, pulsating green light, passed over my boat from East to West.... as I could not tell what it was it can only IMHO be a UFO.... Alien or not... is irrellevant.
On average I've seen about 3 - 4 inexplicable (to me) activities in the heavens each year in areas as far apart as the English Channel, the Carib, the Marmara and Atlantic crossings...
I can understand the Nay Sayers sceptisism to some extent...
I mean lets face it, untill it was proved different, for thousands of years the Earth was flat. Also religion dictates that we are the only intelligence in the universe, so... many are forbidden on pain of eternal damnation to even consider exisitance of other life forms..
Me.. I'm open to the existance of alternate life forms beyond our earth... even the possibility of a god..
Sounds like you would be great company to down at least the bottle of red with. We can take turns on abduction look-out!