Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-02-2009, 06:43   #16

Just imagine the uproar if police were to start going through people's houses without warrants to see if they are breaking any laws or living in an 'unsafe' manner.

I understand how there is a need to search container ships for security and foreign vessels, but how did that ever turn into a legal right to perform warrantless, no probable cause, searches of Mom & Pop's sailboat?
Fishspearit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 06:57   #17

Boat: PDQ 32 DogHouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Also, why aren't they focused on targeting their own governments or military as I know that they have and probably still do, dump ton's of barrels of nerve gas, chemicals, etc.. overboard on their ships.
I got out of the Navy back in '95 Even then, throwing anything overboard other than standard trash (paper, food items, and metals) was very strictly a no no. The only qustionable (by some) practice we had was using depleted uranium shells for the CIWS and then it was only when the real action was happening. Test firing was always with cheap lead rounds and tracers.
While I agree that cruisers are NOT the problem. I also know that the Navy and Coastgaurd aren't it either.
amytom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard