Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 04:43   #1
CLOD

Boat: none
Dream #3 Analysis

My wife has the most interesting sailing dreams. But they take a different
direction than most of the sailing dreams we talk about.

Yesterday she tells me she dreamed we were trailering the boat down the road (39' sailboat that we have never trailered anywhere), but we left the mast installed in the boat.

When we got to wherever we found that the trailer had a bad wheel. But that the wheel wasn't like a tire, but like a little cart/wagon. And the whole thing was sinking into the ground.

So we decide to lanuch the boat. But now somehow my Mom is with us and is holding the line to prevent us from floating away and is getting her hands cut from the line. We don't have any bandaids so I tell my wife to go to CVS (a drug store chain store) to get some.

So off she goes to CVS! But it turns out that the CVS is inside some big cave. And in the middle of the CVS there is a hot spring and pond. So she gets distracted playing in that and forgets about why she went to CVS, but finally remembers.

So she comes back from CVS with the bandaids and finds the boat is gone and asks my Mom what happened. She tells her I got tired of waiting for her so I just left. So my wife starts to cry and then ............wakes up!

THE END

Wonder what Freiud would say?
sailorboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:07   #2
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
I think Freud talks specifically about this kind of dream in one of his letters to Wilhelm Fleiss…. but you would have to read all of them to be sure…

Freud-Fliess letters

Anyway (free of charge… so you know what it’s worth) here are some Cliff Notes

Yesterday she tells me she dreamed we were trailering the boat down the road (39' sailboat that we have never trailered anywhere), but we left the mast installed in the boat.

She was feeling a bit horny

When we got to wherever we found that the trailer had a bad wheel. But that the wheel wasn't like a tire, but like a little cart/wagon. And the whole thing was sinking into the ground.

She is concerned that your ground tackle is not what it used to be

So we decide to lanuch the boat. But now somehow my Mom is with us and is holding the line to prevent us from floating away and is getting her hands cut from the line. We don't have any bandaids so I tell my wife to go to CVS (a drug store chain store) to get some.

She is thinking of ways to help “float your boat” but Mother issues are holding you back…..as are guilt trips over hurting Mum

So off she goes to CVS! But it turns out that the CVS is inside some big cave. And in the middle of the CVS there is a hot spring and pond. So she gets distracted playing in that and forgets about why she went to CVS, but finally remembers.

Classic return to the womb for a mother herself

So she comes back from CVS with the bandaids and finds the boat is gone and asks my Mom what happened. She tells her I got tired of waiting for her so I just left. So my wife starts to cry and then ............wakes up!

Basically she is telling you to be more patient with her…. Cause she is worth the wait

THE END

I don’t think so…..
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:52   #3

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Pretty good!
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote