Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-01-2019, 14:12   #16

Boat: Cape Dory 31
Re: "Doomsday Clock"

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielamartindm View Post
It does not. The "scientists" pushing this bilge water are the same leftist activists pushing the AGW lies. I respect your right to believe it; please respect mine to not.
Exactly my feelings on the subject.

Orion Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 14:44   #17

Boat: Pearson 10M
Re: "Doomsday Clock"

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielamartindm View Post
It does not. The "scientists" pushing this bilge water are the same leftist activists pushing the AGW lies. I respect your right to believe it; please respect mine to not.
The problem is, the people you usually hear from are not the scientists who are actually doing the research. Good in that many of them are unintelligible to the lay person, bad in that the actual message gets changed by the presenters often incomplete understanding of the subject and by their personal or political agenda. How do I know this? I am close friends with 3 climatologists. One of whom is well known in his specific field. (There are a lot of subsets of those studying climate.) I know another few casually, I have heard all the sides of the arguments over the years. They were working on this way before it became political or most people were even aware. If you want it, second hand from the source, here it is.

The climate is warming and it is manmade. This is what they call "settled science". What effects there will be is under considerable debate. Far from settled.

sagablu is offline   Reply With Quote