Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2007, 06:23   #16

What a difference a day makes, brilliant sunshine today, light breeze and a brisk -12C, a little milder than what Gord sees out west at the Lakehead. That same picture this morning is quite lovely with the sun sparkling on the snow covered trees. The classic "after the storm scene" with the winter birds out at the feeder and the tracks of a deer not 30 feet from the front of the house, a survivor of the just finished deer season. Long shadows even at this hour of the day says we are getting closer to the bottom. Despite its beauty, I'd rather be looking at the picture with palm trees, pink sand and blue water. Coupla more years to make that happen.

Our lane is almost 1/4 of a mile long, so I let the Kubota do the shovelling. With a 6' wide blower, it doesn't complain about the snowplow windrows. If you live in the boonies you better be self-sufficient. Kinda like being on a boat?
jdoe71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 07:03   #17

Location: West Indies, Now live aboard as cruiser/ voyager often with guest/ friends
Boat: 36' Bene
Send a message via ICQ to Reality Check
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Tie-wrap a snow shovel to your bowsprit (or cover your binnacle with a toque), and sail South (or North) ‘till someone asks what “that thing” is up front. You’ve just entered a civilized cruising climate.
Was 7 degrees F (-14C) on my way to work this AM.
that would be a good idea!
Here in Panama City Florida, we have a dust of snow every 15 or 20 years and not much need for snow shovels but I'm always surprised at the things people pack and bring down here when moving... I have seen many snow shovels that have been hauled half way across the country. They really are an odd looking shovel... not much use here in the sugar white sands of Panama City Beach

BUT the next few days are suppose to be mid 40'sF and it is time to pack for my Dec- Feb trip to Virgin Islands
Old 23-11-2007, 10:23   #18

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
not much need for snow shovels
I use mine in the summer for shoveling bark chips in the garden areas.