Closed Thread

Old 13-08-2013, 09:21   #151
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: a sailing boat
Re: Couple Flees America, Gets Tax Payer Rides Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacdonald View Post
How did this thread go from bashing morons to religion? Lets just stick to the ridicule.
Possibly because of climate change.

Or else there is a link.

b.

Old 13-08-2013, 09:41   #152
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate Re: Couple Flees America, Gets Tax Payer Rides Home

You sure you don't mean 'Despite a Christian Heritage'...
From my view we've had to fight the 'Church' all the way to get as far as we have...
Education for a start... Oh sure today there's mission schools around the world but that's just for recruitment to the fold more than anything else... but for centuries only the 'godbods' were educated and passed down the Word... bit like the 'Mullahs' in the Madrasi's today...
Shoot even Kings and Queens were only taught enough to suit the ends..
Women's Rights... they're still regarded as 'Chattel' by many sects of Christianity..
The list goes on... but don't get to upset... the hypocrisy stretches through every sect/offshoot of Judaism.. from the beginning..

Born To Be Wild
Old 13-08-2013, 09:54   #153

Boat: Twin Otter de Havilland Floatplane

I respect everyone. I am more at ease with people who follow the laws of Physics, and know modern Medicine, Math and Engineering principles; including related disciplines. As a general rule, anything older than 500 years old... All else pay cash!

Mauritz
Going to behave now!
Old 13-08-2013, 09:59   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
I'd guess that is about where you are and who you mix with. Not everyone needs to be organised, or to carry a banner to let everyone how great your sect are (especially if you don't need to be part of a sect to validate own existence)......nor need to prey on the vulnerable to get a message sold - when there is no message, no need to sell . Seemples .

I'm not sure about any of that. There are plenty of people selling stuff other than religion. There are also partisan politics, nationalism, and all sorts of other appeals to emotion out there.
Old 13-08-2013, 10:01   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
You sure you don't mean 'Despite a Christian Heritage'...
From my view we've had to fight the 'Church' all the way to get as far as we have...
Education for a start... Oh sure today there's mission schools around the world but that's just for recruitment to the fold more than anything else... but for centuries only the 'godbods' were educated and passed down the Word... bit like the 'Mullahs' in the Madrasi's today...
Shoot even Kings and Queens were only taught enough to suit the ends..
Women's Rights... they're still regarded as 'Chattel' by many sects of Christianity..
The list goes on... but don't get to upset... the hypocrisy stretches through every sect/offshoot of Judaism.. from the beginning..

The hypocrisy doesn't end at religion.

Those same people bashing religion are also seeking political power. Any where someone has either riches or knowledge, they appear to attempt to use their advantage to gain more power.
Old 13-08-2013, 10:05   #156
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard5 View Post
Wow, I have not ever seen such ignorance contained in one place whether on an internet forum or in real life. You people are so disconnected from reality. Group9 speaks truth.
Have you not been on Facebook?

Quote:
It is so easy to bash Christianity.
Yes it is , and it's so easy it would be rude not to .

Don't blame me though, blame the fella who came up with the idea for having only four gospels........and his reasons . I've met more normal sounding crack whores.........

Quote:
Irony of all irony is you seem to not recognize you do so under what has been given to you through a Christian heritage. "cultural wreckage"? Sure, that is your personal opinion but is that also your personal guilt?

Wow, just wow.
Culturally I am a Christian (and I am still counted by the local Woo peddlers as part of the flock - as I was christened before I could object, back then that was considered the norm.......what that means is membership numbers are gonna be dropping radically as we die off and it is discovered that so many of our kids never got a forced baptism, and later decided for selves not to bother).........but that don't mean the Beliebers are not funny for the nonsense they swallow . "When I was a child I believed in childish things" also applies to Societies. Welcome to the 21st Century .
Old 13-08-2013, 10:13   #157
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate Re: Couple Flees America, Gets Tax Payer Rides Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetsailing3 View Post
The hypocrisy doesn't end at religion.

Those same people bashing religion are also seeking political power. Any where someone has either riches or knowledge, they appear to attempt to use their advantage to gain more power.
I know of a Prince who walked away from his birth right and lived as a pilgrim... then he got knackered and sat under a tree and became famous... no riches... no power... just common sense
Shame the Taliban blew up so many cliff faces in an attempt to eradicate his memory.. it won't work

Born To Be Wild
Old 13-08-2013, 10:24   #158
Nearly an old salt

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
No doubt he came here thru immigrant relations,"real americans" aint like that..ha ha ha!
You mean the Indians.

Dave
Old 13-08-2013, 10:27   #159
Nearly an old salt

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverChick71 View Post

This was going to be my post. Seriously, I'm sure it's our tax dollars that are paying their way back. And who is paying the costs associated with their rescue at sea? At least it wasn't a big CG type search. But still. Just pisses me off. That girl and her husband are from the generation when they stopped being able to keep score in T-ball and every kid that ran a race on field day got a medal. And we stopped sitting "Indian style" and started sitting down "criss cross applesauce." It KILLS ME. Guess what? I was slow as MAPLE SYRUP in JANUARY as a kid...still am....and I felt like crap when I never got a ribbon. But I excelled at other things and learned accountability. Puhlease.
Ooh , tough girl talk , I love it when , Rw, guns and girls come together ...................

Dave
Old 13-08-2013, 10:37   #160
Nearly an old salt

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Does CF have an Epirb button and a rescue service cause both are needed for this thread.

Dave
Old 13-08-2013, 10:51   #161
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Does CF have an Epirb button and a rescue service cause both are needed for this thread.

Dave
Bottom left........it's even red
Old 13-08-2013, 11:40   #162

Boat: Ericson 35-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
I think you guys who think communism was so peachy keen, need to meet some more people who had to live under it.
I had that kind of first-hand experience, and on this continent (North America, that is) I haven't met too many people who overestimated quality of life under the soviet system. Far more people who seem to think that it was some sort of hell. Which it wasn't either.
Old 13-08-2013, 11:56   #163
Nearly an old salt

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHerring View Post
I had that kind of first-hand experience, and on this continent (North America, that is) I haven't met too many people who overestimated quality of life under the soviet system. Far more people who seem to think that it was some sort of hell. Which it wasn't either.
Good cheap beer and sex for Levi.s , wasnt all bad ..

Dave
Old 13-08-2013, 12:16   #164

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora

Exactly what is communist about a totalitarian/authoritarian regime? Places that are historically difficult to govern seem to get them. Religionists dislike Marxism because it specifically denies their faith.
It was faith that debilitated rational decision making by the family that was rescued and repatriated at tax payer expense. Far better that they stayed in church on dry land. In the aggregate however the drag on scientific progress created by such folks is very serious in terms of humanities' future. In the USA we pay an increasingly heavy price in blood and treasure for this problem.
Old 13-08-2013, 12:33   #165
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHerring View Post
It may be that some will have read support for living under Communism in some of my prior posts. Far from it! Whilst I think the idea of Communism has much merit - I am against it because it does not work, and never can (it don't fit with Human nature).......but having folks live under it in the Soviet Bloc post WWII worked out very nicely for us (peasants) in the West as meant that our Lords & Masters were scared of us (if we objected to being treated as before WWII someone would support us - not to say that would turn out well for us , but sure as shinola would turn out bad for the rich ).............with the end of the Soviets that fear has now gone and we are back to the 1920's style of Democracy and Capitalism, no fear = don't care..........all we await is the new Messiah (there is always another - lets hope this one don't have a small moustache. or magic underpants ).

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: