Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 09:26   #136
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Climate Change, Deux

plant a tree or two more.
stop breathing
do not fart
no bbqs
no fun in living- help save this earth have a sale on mortuary usage.

go sailing.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:27   #137

Boat: Catalina 30
In honor of this thread in a fit of rage I stormed out to my garage and grabbed my chainsaw. Determined to fell the first tree I came to I pulled the cord, and pulled, and pulled. Alas, the mighty saw would not start as the ethanol in my gasoline had eaten away the fuel lines. Drat, foiled again in my quest to ruin the planet by the long arm of Mother Gaia and her followers.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:31   #138

Boat: Alden 50, Sarasota, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard5 View Post
Evidence? You want evidence? I'll put up 100 units. You shall also put up, to stake, a similar sum. You can even name the denomination. (USD,CDN, AUD, peso, quid, baht, yen, etc) Any monies to be exchanged shall be forwarded to CruisersForums.com, or to the hands of the or an administrators or an administrator of this webpage. Such decision shall reside with or be determined by solely with and to the aforementioned administrator(s).

The rules are you post whatever you have in your hand. I call. I'll even let the illustrious CF gang be the judge of who wins. That's how sure I am.

You say climate change is wholly man made. Do I have that right? If not, please explain your side of the debate in your own terms. Do not post links, I want to hear your own cogent argument for your side.

In debate, I will argue my side and without posting links to other webpages, blogs, or other. My argument will consist of my own words. To be clear, my side is that climate change is wholly independent of man-made artifice. Further, whatever climatic change on a global scale has come about is not, repeat not, significantly derived from, resultant of, numerically based upon, and or, incumbent upon the manifestations of man, ie, humans. Are there any words or terms here which you require further definition?

This is a direct challenge to you either to put up or shut up. Let the merriment commence. Either you or I have 100 units withdrawn from our accounts as decided by a largely biased CF contingent. I remind you, it is a contingent biased in your behalf.

There is no time limit. I am sorry to say this but even given the rapidity of the internet there still must be time allowed for each of us to put together a proper response to the other. I don't measure my life according to the internet and I suspect you do not either. Therefore, proper consideration shall be afforded to each of us in this debate.

Do we have a deal?

By answering in the affirmative you are entering into a legally binding contract. While no legal action will be taken towards you by me, by your acceptance you agree to pay the afore stated sum to the administrators of this web page. You may choose to decline as you are entitled. This contract shall extend only to the parties known as Sneuman and Richard5.

I'd be happy to take that bet with the following stipulations:

You must prove your point using scientifically supported and objective
data and analyses. I don't put any credibility in your personal perceptions or arguments on which you base them unless they are proven valid.

You can't rely on evidence derived from so-called 'scientists' or organizations proported to be scientific which are in reality managed, controlled, funded and/or on the payroll of the petrochemical industry, directly or indirectly.

Finally, credentials of those on who's opinion you rely must be provided; as opposed to yours which is irrelevant.

How's that sound?

I'll check back later today to see if your "check is in the mail".
Old 01-09-2013, 09:46   #139

You sound like a court-room lawyer. What a stupid way to decide something as important as Climate Change. As if Mother Natures cares two hoots about how eloquent your arguments are, or how charismatic your persona. And with all due respect to the admins of CF, what particular skill or knowledge do they have to decide about Global Warming (okay, they do have to deal with an awful lot of hot air...)

The real understanding of Climate Change is ONLY decipherable by Climate scientists. The rest of us MUST rely on them to do what they are trained to do, and hope they are diligent and honest. (But, fortunately, the scientific process is designed to try and weed out those who try to game the system)

The reason I post so many links and articles is because I believe that understanding what scientists are saying is the ONLY way to have an accurate understanding of what we humans have brought upon ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard5 View Post
...You say climate change is wholly man made. Do I have that right? If not, please explain your side of the debate in your own terms. Do not post links, I want to hear your own cogent argument for your side.

In debate, I will argue my side and without posting links to other webpages, blogs, or other. My argument will consist of my own words. To be clear, my side is that climate change is wholly independent of man-made artifice. Further, whatever climatic change on a global scale has come about is not, repeat not, significantly derived from, resultant of, numerically based upon, and or, incumbent upon the manifestations of man, ie, humans. Are there any words or terms here which you require further definition?

This is a direct challenge to you either to put up or shut up. Let the merriment commence. Either you or I have 100 units withdrawn from our accounts as decided by a largely biased CF contingent. I remind you, it is a contingent biased in your behalf. ...
Old 01-09-2013, 09:47   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong View Post
Translated:

I am better, bigger, badder and smarter than you! Wanna step outside?!
Dude! I've taken on mokes more than twice my size. My solution is take it to the water. Been diving since I forget, body surfing and surfing in HI since I forget, HS and college water polo and competitive swimmer. All American H2O polo. Surfer, skier...you wanna go? I'm no brawler and I don't like to fight. It's not that I have a glass jaw or something but it just hurts me to see pain inflicted on the other guy.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:57   #141

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Thread closed.

This is the second thread on climate change (and the third off-topic thread on environmental issues) to be closed very recently.

If these discussions cannot take place politely, then is is best you take them elsewhere.

CF (a cruising site) is not the spot for this type of squabbling.

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Closed Thread